Reviews Categories | Microphones | Priemier Pryme Desk Mic Help

Reviews Summary for Priemier Pryme Desk Mic
Priemier Pryme Desk Mic Reviews: 7 Average rating: 2.7/5 MSRP: $69.95
Description: PMC-100
(Web site missing—add URL)

You can write your own review of the Priemier Pryme Desk Mic.

KE4VBG Rating: 5/5 Aug 21, 2010 20:23 Send this review to a friend
Great Microphone  Time owned: more than 12 months
I bought this mic used on ebay about 2 years ago and have been really satisfied with the performance. I use it on my Icom 736 and have had great reports on the audio. I did not get the cable with it when I bought it, so I ordered one for it from MFJ that is used with their MFJ-297 which is identical to it. I would recommend this mic to anyone that needs a good sounding, inexpensive desk mic. The 4 small buttons are not compatable with my Icom, but I don't really need them anyway.

K1IW Rating: 0/5 Apr 29, 2003 10:26 Send this review to a friend
Didn't work for me  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I received the Microphone as a gift. Unfortunately, my FT-847 was out for repair at the time. When I got the radio back, I found that the Microphone emitted a loud ~400 hz buzzing noise on my audio (stock mic worked OK). Because of the delay in finding this out, the New Hampshire ham radio store would not take the mic back. I ended up spending $10 to send it back to Pryme. After two months, I got the microphone back (along with an invoice for $8 shipping). They gave me a new cable and and extra generic cable. However, the mic still had the same problem. The only thing I can assume is that the mic simply doesn't work with an FT-847. If anyone out there has had better luck, please let me know. Since I can't return it, I will probably take the mic apart, remove all the digital junk that is causing the problem, and hard wire the element to the audio in and the ptt button to the ptt line. Maybe that way it will at least work for me.

--------
After looking into the wiring further, I found that the Pryme-supplied "Yaesu" cable was NOT compatible with the Yaesu FT-847. I disassembled the DIN connector and rewired it according to the FT-847 product manual. The MIC now functions correctly.

K8HSF Rating: 5/5 Feb 15, 2002 11:29 Send this review to a friend
Very pleased  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I purchased the PMC-100 for use with my Icom 718. The cable for the Icom matched perfectly. The audio reports received were excellent. The mic has a switch setting for ICOM rigs which require greater input than others. The audio sounds natural, not altered as is the fad today. It is a great mic for under $100.00.

N2UOG Rating: 1/5 Aug 12, 2001 00:26 Send this review to a friend
Did not work well  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I purchased this for use as a desktop mic to be used with mt Yaesu FT-2600 in my base. I liked the looks of the mic but the connector that was supposed to link the two togather did not fit into the modular input of the radio and after having to get another cable (I had to link up 2 cables from the mic) It was not compatible with the Yaesu 2600 even though it was supposed to work. It caused the display on the 2600 to keep changing and this does not happen with the stock hand mic. If your thinking of buying this mic for that radio, Keep that in mind. PS, I sent it back

KA1SLG Rating: 4/5 Aug 29, 2000 10:49 Send this review to a friend
very happy  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
A great little mic if you UNDERSTAND that the additional buttons, call-vfo-mr-pf, are for rigs like kenwood vhf mobile radios. The audio is pretty good out of them, the ssb and fm audio cut feature works as advertised and it looks good. I did have a problem with getting the wrong cable but that was a screw up at the vendor in New Hampshire who shall remain nameless.

W3AIR Rating: 0/5 Jul 25, 2000 02:40 Send this review to a friend
Displeased  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
ICOM and Yaesu transceiver owners beware of useless so-called mic features. No schematic diagram showing the IC and transistor circuitry in the mic base is provided. Asian type spec sheet is what you get. Poor customer service. I've tryed since March to get a schematic to no avail.

N9PO Rating: 4/5 Mar 18, 2000 10:31 Send this review to a friend
Very Pleased  Time owned: unknown months
I purchased this mic to use at home with an Icom 706 MKII and I am very pleased with the quality of construction and the performance of this microphone. I have had excellent audio reports and most people expect me to be using a much more expensive one. If you are looking for a modern or progressive look in your shack with excellent performance this is a mic that will fit the bill.