Reviews Categories | Amateur Radio Equipment Repair | CUPELES ELECTRONICS Help

Reviews Summary for CUPELES ELECTRONICS
CUPELES ELECTRONICS Reviews: 15 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $45.00 USD per hour
Description: AMATEUR RADIO REPAIR
More info: http://www.cupeleselectronics.com

You can write your own review of the CUPELES ELECTRONICS.

W3TKO Rating: 5/5 Oct 3, 2010 10:49 Send this review to a friend
Good job on TS-830S repair  Time owned: months
I recently picked up a dubious CB modded TS-830S on ebay. It could have sat unused for 10 years or more. Well, it worked ok but the RX went out in two days. ..but, hey, the price was right and it was a clean looking radio.

I have had several 830s and I used to enjoy repairing and aligning tube and hybrid rigs myself. With no test gear or place to work these days, I figured it was best to send this one out so I could get it back on line promptly. Otherwise it would sit in the closet for three years.

I found Cupeles Electonics right here and clicked through to Miguel's website. His shop pics pictured a nice comfortable and logical workspace and I got the impression of a man who likes what he does. He also looked like a guy who would appreciate a nice old TS-830s, and that's an important thing for this kind of classic rig. Very scientific selection process, eh?

Any tech can fix an 830, but will they take it seriously?

About two weeks after I shipped the radio off, I got an email that it was ready. I believe it is the best working TS-830 I have had to date...great job! From the repair summary, it seems he went over it with a fine tooth comb--checked all the boards for bad joints, etc. No "bum rush the old rig out the door" here!

Miguel is very professional and detail oriented, turned the repair around quickly, and the price was right. Maybe I was lucky with timing on the two-week total, but based on this positive experience and quality of the work, I wouldn't hesitate to send Cupeles Electronics another repair job.

AB3FW Rating: 5/5 Aug 23, 2010 16:32 Send this review to a friend
Highly recommended.  Time owned: months
I took him my HW-101 and HP-23 power supply. He diagnosed the problem with the power supply and aligned the transceiver. He provided quick service at a reasonable price and explained everything. I find him honest and conscientious. It's good to have reliable service in this area.

WP3DZ Rating: 5/5 Jul 30, 2010 08:44 Send this review to a friend
Great job and experience  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Him work and repair my Kenwood TS870 and received in my hands more good and strong. The other repair is the Yaesu 7800 good job and troubleshooting with the SMT electronic technologic. Good brain for inventions for some equipments.

thanks!!! Mr. Miguel Cupeles and 73's

from: Mr. WP3DZ-Hormigueros,PR

KB3QMT Rating: 5/5 Jul 30, 2010 05:28 Send this review to a friend
Exceptional Work.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I had sent Miguel my Kenwood TS820. His work was excellent, prompt, and he kept me informed all the while. I hold him in the highest regard, and would recommend him to anyone needing radio repairs.

N3TU Rating: 5/5 Apr 24, 2010 16:46 Send this review to a friend
Awsome Technician And Cares  Time owned: months
Miguel is a great technician, fair and cares about his work. In a reasonable amount of time too! He will tell you as it is and right to the point. I like the fact that he takes the time to go over everything that he worked on and takes the time to answer any questions. He fixed my Yaesu FT 840 for under $100 and Yaesu told me that for the price of the repair, I could be getting a new radio. NOT!!!!! I now have a backup radio that works next to my K3. He was very reasonable and Yaesu wanted to rob me blind on the repair. He also repaired my Drake L4B and I am very happy with that work too. Besides the repair, he will also do problem solving and ask extensive questions about your station setup and cover all bases. If something is wrong with your station setup like a half $%#% antenna tuner, meters, ect.ect. , he will recommend the better stuff. Miguel has a professional shop with all kind of equipment. Top shelf shop he has there. If you are too busy to fix anything and only have time to "play radio", then call Miguel. You can't go wrong.

KP2BH Rating: 5/5 Nov 8, 2009 17:53 Send this review to a friend
Great service  Time owned: more than 12 months
Great experience with CUPELES ELECTRONICS.he fix my TS570S.very fast quality service and excelent communication.

K0LDS Rating: 5/5 Jul 31, 2009 15:52 Send this review to a friend
TS-930 Repair  Time owned: more than 12 months
Miguel did a wonderful job rejuvenating my old TS-930. It really does work like new! I sent it in with antenna tuner and receiver sensitivity problems, and Miguel brought it all back to like-new. He went over the whole rig, repairing and tweaking other things too, which I appreciate. I'm glad to have the old rig back, and VERY glad there is still a knowledgeable technician out there, that can/will fix our older rigs at a very reasonable price. Thanks Miguel!

KB3NYV Rating: 5/5 Mar 1, 2009 07:34 Send this review to a friend
Fast and Fair  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Took him less than one week to repair my radio. Charged me a very fair price. I would absolutely recommend him to anyone.

KA2PHU Rating: 5/5 Jan 25, 2009 06:56 Send this review to a friend
great job  Time owned: more than 12 months
once again miguel does an excellent job on my amplifier(811h).the amplifier works better now than when i bought it new .he replaced tubes beef up the circuts on the meters and also the switches in front pannel.i am very happy with is work. very nice person. 10/10

KA2PHU Rating: 5/5 Jan 19, 2009 10:03 Send this review to a friend
awsome  Time owned: more than 12 months
awsome, miguel cupeles did and outstanding job on my ts870 that was damage by another local tech. miguel did a great job with my radio,it works better than brand new.highly recommended,very neat work.very nice gentlemen.and very affordable.