Reviews Categories | Power Supplies | RDC-90 Bulldog 90 Amp Power Supply Help

Reviews Summary for RDC-90 Bulldog 90 Amp Power Supply
RDC-90 Bulldog 90 Amp Power Supply Reviews: 6 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $379
Description: A 90 amp heavy duty power supply well suited for use with repeaters, repeater amps, larger solid state amplifiers, powering multiple transceivers, and DC powering an entire ham shack!
More info: http://www.rivergatedist.com/Power_supply.htm

You can write your own review of the RDC-90 Bulldog 90 Amp Power Supply.

W8UAB Rating: 5/5 Nov 21, 2016 08:28 Send this review to a friend
Ten Tec Hercules II Owners Rejoice!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The Ten Tec Hercules II original, albeit optional, linear power supply (Model 9420) is rated at 100 amps. Of that, 80 amps is dedicated to the Hercules II and 20 amps are provided on a separate tap to send DC to your Ten Tec (or other) HF transceiver. The original Hercules documentation suggests 80 amp nominal and 100 amps maximum so it seems they were including the additional 20 amp tap in the required power specifications. In reality, I have never seen the amp draw in excess of 75 amps in any mode.

After extensive research, I discovered the Bulldog RDC-90 Power Supply sold by Rivergate Distributing. It provides 14.1v without fault. No sag, no spurs, no hash, 100% duty cycle and NO FAN NOISE! This thing runs silent and runs deep.

Small, lightweight, solid construction built to last.

DC tap accepts the 8 (4+/4-) over sized cable leads from the Hercules and locks them down with assurance via oversized terminal screws.

I wanted to purchase the original Model 9420 matching power supply manufactured by Ten Tec but couldn't find one. I am a completest and wanted to match the setup, but I suspect this power supply is more cost and performance efficient and conserves valuable tech-toy space.

Perfect, flawless, economical performance that I predict will last a lifetime.

The United States government would likely pay $6000.00 dollars for one. Smart shoppers will pay about $300.00

DONMTEXAS Rating: 5/5 Mar 28, 2015 08:34 Send this review to a friend
I'm impressed  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought the 55 amp version and it Will probably be all I ever need. It provides clean noiseless power for my rig and so far I have not noticed any fan noise. I get excellent signal reports and voltage never sags. I talked to the technician at the suppliers location. He says that the only reason they ever have any failures in these is due to lightening strikes. I can see why. They are built like tanks. If I had need of another I'd definitely buy another one. Great value for the price!

KD7TSO Rating: 5/5 Feb 27, 2010 20:46 Send this review to a friend
One Of The Best  Time owned: more than 12 months
Made in USA, I had this almost 2 years never have trouble with it. It's full duty cycle and takes a beating. It works good for hf and everything in between. I have the 45 AMP version. It powers my Kenwood Ts-480hx all day long with no hash.

ND4MR Rating: 5/5 Mar 21, 2009 08:51 Send this review to a friend
Top Notch + tough  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I am surprised that more hams haven't discovered these power supplies. I own the 45 amp version, and despite it being a switching-mode type supply, I have never heard any RF birdies on any ham frequencies. Voltage regulation is excellent from no-load to full load. This dealer is fast, too. I ordered from his website on a Monday evening and the UPS guy delivered on Thursday. One item to note, however... this power supply has no "off" switch. It's designed to be plugged in and left on permanently -- which is kind of like having your rig hooked up to a battery. I bolted the PS to the backside of my operating desk, and run everything in the radio room [HF rig, VHF rig, and 160 watt 2 meter amp] all off of one power source. Incredibly convenient.

K6AER Rating: 5/5 Oct 25, 2006 14:53 Send this review to a friend
Privite Label  Time owned: more than 12 months
This power supply is a privite lable PS made by DuraComm in Kansas City, KS. DuraComm has been producing this unit for many years.

Specifications are the same as the OEM Duracomm product, DPS-15, 30, 45, 55, 75 series.

N4ECW Rating: 5/5 Oct 25, 2006 09:17 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Value & Performance  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have owned two of the RDC-90 Bulldog power supplies for the past year and I'm preparing to buy number three and put it in service. These units are value priced and provide excellent service.

The unit is lightweight, regulated, and, thermally and short circuit protected, It has virtually noiseless heavy duty twin cooling fans whose speeds vary with the load. Also, this workhorse produces no electrical noise or hash in your shack or at your repeater site.

Here are a few specs on the RDC-90: input voltage 90-135 volts; input frequency 40-70 Hertz; output wattage 1210 watts; output voltage DC 13.6 to 14.2 volts; output amperage 90 amps; dimensions 6.75 inches wide by 3.5 inches high; length is 13 inches including fans and mounting tabs; and, it weighs on 7.8 pounds.

The folks at Rivergate Distributing Company also sell 15, 30, 45, 55, and 75 amp Bulldogs. David Hitt, the owner, is a pleasure to deal with and believes in servicing his customers.

If you need a durable, well built power supply, then go with the Bulldog!