Reviews Categories | Antenna Tuners | MFJ-926 Help

Reviews Summary for MFJ-926
MFJ-926 Reviews: 13 Average rating: 3.5/5 MSRP: $399.95
Description: The MFJ-926 Automatic Antenna Tuner covers the entire HF band from 1.6 to 30 MHz. It handles 200 Watts PEP maximum with a 10 watts minimum input power. MFJ-926 is weather-sealed for outdoor or marine use outside at the base of your ham station antenna -- a durable hard plastic cover and chassis plus an inner lip black rubber seal keeps the interior electronics cool and dry for many years of dependable use. The MFJ-926 provides very fast-tuning: initial tuning is less than 2 seconds and less than .2 seconds tuning from memory. It has 200 Memory channels. It tunes 6 to 30 MHz with wire greater than 8 feet and tunes 1.6-30 MHz with wire greater than 27 feet.It is designed 50 Ohm transceivers. The MFJ-926 requires 13.8 VDC at 1.5 Amps. Sleek and compact, it measures just 9 x 14 x 3 inches and weighs just 4 pounds. This tuner is built-to-last the elements! All connections are double protected with rubber sealing, entire cabinet is specially weather sealed with internal rubber lip. Includes mounting holes with metal strap on each end for easy securing.
More info: http://www.mfjenterprises.com/products.php?prodid=MFJ-926

You can write your own review of the MFJ-926.

AG6HS Rating: 4/5 Feb 28, 2012 15:54 Send this review to a friend
Good, could be great  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I had trouble achieving low enough VSWR on 20m with my Zero-Five 1040 vertical groundplane using the internal tuner of my TS-2000. It refused to "lock" and just endlessly tuned. I already had 100 ft run of coax, and didn't want more loss (adding cable is another way to fix the problem). After some research, I bought and installed an MFJ 926B in place of the matching transformer. I can now tune 80m to 6m; extra bands at the top and bottom, nice! The match is no longer broadband, so it's necessary to make it tune (xmit low power) when jumping from say 80 up to 20m. Seems to be a worthwhile compromise. I would give it a 5, but I had to fix some typical MFJ poor-QC problems. Will report back in a few months.

K4GST Rating: 5/5 Jan 21, 2009 08:26 Send this review to a friend
Good performer  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I installed this tuner under the eave of my house and have it connected to a 300+ foot loop that travels haphazardly around my small city lot. I can tune every band from 160 meters to 10 meters. Tuning on a new frequency usually takes about 3 -4 seconds (I can hear the tuner churning away outside my window). Tuning a frequency you've tuned in the past takes less than a second. Construction seems robust enough to weather anything mother nature could throw at it. Entirely pleased with this tuner.

W9ICU Rating: 4/5 May 13, 2007 14:52 Send this review to a friend
Great Tuner So Far  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I just bought this tuner 3 weeks ago. Works as discribed, did very well on all bands with 65ft single wire strung thru the tree's. Tuned up well on all bands got good signal reports. However didn't like the wire strung in the tree's much, so I connected it to my 135 ft wire center fed with 450ohm ladder line and WOW! instant tuning on all band 10-160, with SWR of less than 1.3:1 except on 20m which tuned at 1.5 to 1.7:1 getting excellent signal reports 20 over one 160 in MN. & MI from N. IL not bad. Good Job MFJ