Reviews Categories | Headphones & Boom-mic Headsets | Warren Gregoire & Associates TR 2000 KIT/ASSEMBLED Help

Reviews Summary for Warren Gregoire & Associates TR 2000 KIT/ASSEMBLED
Warren Gregoire & Associates TR 2000 KIT/ASSEMBLED Reviews: 40 Average rating: 4.0/5 MSRP: $29.95
Description: Boom microphone headset
More info: http://www.warrengregoire.com

You can write your own review of the Warren Gregoire & Associates TR 2000 KIT/ASSEMBLED.

WD0BC Rating: 3/5 Oct 3, 2012 12:49 Send this review to a friend
Slight problem when received....  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
After reading the add in QST I telephoned and was told that unit would be "custom wired for your K3".

Unit arrived two plus weeks later .

The unit was a nice unit and had good mic audio BUT the headphones were MONO.

K3 has STEREO and duel receive. Unit was NOT acceptable as shipped.

When I called about the problem I was told "most of our customers don't want stereo phones".

I informed the gentleman that ALL K3's have stereo capability as standard.

I was told that I could send it back postage paid along with $20 and it would be re-wired.

Sent it back for a REFUND....

The shipping invoice states all returns MUST BE POST PAID,INSURED. I sent it post paid, insured and SIGNATURE REQUIRED. I didn't want any "problems" with it getting misplace or lost somewhere.

I lost a TOTAL OF $26 on the deal.

I can not fault the product I received for what it was HOWEVER it was not what I ordered.

I would NOT advise anyone you order this unit UNLESS you get assurances that this is EXACTLY what you want.

N9FTC Rating: 0/5 Jul 5, 2012 07:42 Send this review to a friend
Very Displeased  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Hello All, I purchased my new assembled headset with connector on 6/4/12 after seeing their advertisement in QST. It was shipped a week later. I will say it was well packaged and insured. I connected it to my Icom 756 Pro III and gave a short CQ. I quickly discovered the Microphone boom was not long enough no matter how hard I tried to pull it out further to make it fit, I have a large head. My side tone signal was mushy and distorted. After checking my Mic gain to be sure I was not over driving I then called the factory and asked about the boom length. Their response was obliviously you cant read. The guy on the phone was not friendly at all. When I told him that I tried to pull it out further he stated it would extend to any length. Obviously not. I asked about the mushiness and distorted sound. I then received more abuse. There after I asked if I could return the headphones and received more verbal abuse. I said maybe it was time for someone to write a review on your customer phone services. At that point the guy went ballistics. I returned the Headset VIA insured mail on 6/21/12 and received a refund on 7/ 3/12 I paid a total of $81.90 for the headset and was refunded $68.95

I personally would not recommend this headset or company to any serious Ham.

KK6AW Rating: 2/5 Oct 12, 2010 10:42 Send this review to a friend
Not stereo, Can't listen to both VFO's  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have had this set for over 2 years, they're big, heavy and uncomfortable. I have been running CW most of the time and simplex to boot I did not have the opportunity to use both VFO's on my rig. This unit comes with what appears to be a Stereo plug but only has two solder points and is wired as mono. I found out it was mono when I tried to chase the new DXCC countries and listen to the dx station in one ear and the xmit freq in the other. The good: it works, I have nothing bad to say about the audio cartridge. The Bad: The ear pieces are very painful after a few minutes regardless of how I adjust them. The Boom mike is almost non adjustable and cannot be moved up and out of the way when not needed. It tends to spring back to original position and is a PIA to use. I have taken this apart and I think I can run another 2 conductor wire and use a real stereo plug and make this a stereo headset. I have owned 2 heil headsets and they work well with my 2 VFO's, unfortunately I am hard on headsets and my heil is intermittent on the boom mike.

F6GYY Rating: 5/5 Jun 10, 2010 00:49 Send this review to a friend
Very good  Time owned: more than 12 months
I do own 4 headsets of ths type for my TS-850 and Elecraft K3 transceivers...
Great modulation and no RFI at all !!!
Got compliments from everywhere...

Had two Pro Set Plus....Deceiving, has RFI all along with them, even with ferrite cores. Did open one of them, basic construction inside, no
bypass capacitors... a shame for the very high price.

Vy 73 Bertrand

W4KVW Rating: 5/5 Jun 9, 2010 14:30 Send this review to a friend
LITE & DURABLE  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Gave $12 for a NEW "ASSEMBLED" set of these headphones at a local tailgate & it was a "GREAT DEAL".They sound VERY good & are MUCH better put together that the Radio Shack headphones they replaced as well as being VERY lite.

KI6KOP Rating: 4/5 Dec 25, 2009 10:15 Send this review to a friend
Not a bad headset  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Received my headset delivered as stated within 14 day of placing my oder. I purchased it assempled, setup for my Yaesu FT-450 with the hand push button PTT. Instructions were very simple only to adjust they boom mic (no big deal). The headset is light weight, is easy to adjust and comfortable. The quality is good, seem rugged enough but like anything it can be distroyed if you don't take care. I plugged it in, no radio adjustment needed (so far) dialed in some stations, the noise from the headset speakers are clear and comfortable (alot better quality sound than the radio or external speaker). The Mic must work because the stations I QSOed with heard me said the sound was clear. I don't know if it is any better than my stock Mic but I don't think it is worse. The total cost for the Headset which included tax, shipping and insurance was only $99.36 not bad for what you get. If in the next 30 day I find out this product is junk I get a full refund. I gave it a 4 rating because it is to new to rate for me but so far I am not disappointed.

KA1NAV Rating: 5/5 Sep 18, 2009 22:16 Send this review to a friend
Works Great for me  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I just got them to day and they work great. I got good reports with them. I have a FT-767GX so had to have the noise canceling switch added. Using VOX makes using my hands for typing much easier. The head set is very light and comfortable and with a little adjusting the boom mic is right where I want it. I checked out here and in an article in QST about them before getting them. I don't know what the headset the person got with all the problems but mine is very well constructed and the ear phones are very well padded.

NZ0T Rating: 4/5 Feb 13, 2009 19:06 Send this review to a friend
Good for the price  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I got the kit and it was easy to build and works well. The only reason I gave it a 4 is that the supplied cable does not allow stereo which I need for my K3. I built it using 2 different cables and it works fine but it would be nice if they would supply a single 6 conductor cable. I called but they said all they could supply was the 4 conductor cable. I get very good audio reports, the phones fit well and are comfortable.

N9WK Rating: 5/5 Feb 5, 2009 13:15 Send this review to a friend
Great addition to my station  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I just received my headset from WGA. There was a mistake in the wiring when I first got it, but WGA asked me to return the headset so that it may be repaired. The turnaround was less than a week and now works very fine. It fits well and it will serve me well for DXing and Contesting. Thanks, Warren.

WU8P Rating: 1/5 Jan 28, 2009 05:25 Send this review to a friend
Very Cheap  Time owned: more than 12 months
I gave it a 1 because I cut the cord off and put it in the junk box before I tossed the headset in the trash can.
You can never go wrong with "you get what you pay for"