Reviews Categories | Headphones & Boom-mic Headsets | Warren Gregoire & Associates TR 2000 KIT or ASSEMBLED Help

Reviews Summary for Warren Gregoire & Associates TR 2000 KIT or ASSEMBLED
Warren Gregoire & Associates TR 2000 KIT or ASSEMBLED Reviews: 48 Average rating: 3.9/5 MSRP: $29.95
Description: Boom microphone headset
More info: http://www.warrengregoire.com

You can write your own review of the Warren Gregoire & Associates TR 2000 KIT or ASSEMBLED.

KK6AW Rating: 2/5 Oct 12, 2010 10:42 Send this review to a friend
Not stereo, Can't listen to both VFO's  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have had this set for over 2 years, they're big, heavy and uncomfortable. I have been running CW most of the time and simplex to boot I did not have the opportunity to use both VFO's on my rig. This unit comes with what appears to be a Stereo plug but only has two solder points and is wired as mono. I found out it was mono when I tried to chase the new DXCC countries and listen to the dx station in one ear and the xmit freq in the other. The good: it works, I have nothing bad to say about the audio cartridge. The Bad: The ear pieces are very painful after a few minutes regardless of how I adjust them. The Boom mike is almost non adjustable and cannot be moved up and out of the way when not needed. It tends to spring back to original position and is a PIA to use. I have taken this apart and I think I can run another 2 conductor wire and use a real stereo plug and make this a stereo headset. I have owned 2 heil headsets and they work well with my 2 VFO's, unfortunately I am hard on headsets and my heil is intermittent on the boom mike.

F6GYY Rating: 5/5 Jun 10, 2010 00:49 Send this review to a friend
Very good  Time owned: more than 12 months
I do own 4 headsets of ths type for my TS-850 and Elecraft K3 transceivers...
Great modulation and no RFI at all !!!
Got compliments from everywhere...

Had two Pro Set Plus....Deceiving, has RFI all along with them, even with ferrite cores. Did open one of them, basic construction inside, no
bypass capacitors... a shame for the very high price.

Vy 73 Bertrand

W4KVW Rating: 5/5 Jun 9, 2010 14:30 Send this review to a friend
LITE & DURABLE  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Gave $12 for a NEW "ASSEMBLED" set of these headphones at a local tailgate & it was a "GREAT DEAL".They sound VERY good & are MUCH better put together that the Radio Shack headphones they replaced as well as being VERY lite.

KI6KOP Rating: 4/5 Dec 25, 2009 10:15 Send this review to a friend
Not a bad headset  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Received my headset delivered as stated within 14 day of placing my oder. I purchased it assempled, setup for my Yaesu FT-450 with the hand push button PTT. Instructions were very simple only to adjust they boom mic (no big deal). The headset is light weight, is easy to adjust and comfortable. The quality is good, seem rugged enough but like anything it can be distroyed if you don't take care. I plugged it in, no radio adjustment needed (so far) dialed in some stations, the noise from the headset speakers are clear and comfortable (alot better quality sound than the radio or external speaker). The Mic must work because the stations I QSOed with heard me said the sound was clear. I don't know if it is any better than my stock Mic but I don't think it is worse. The total cost for the Headset which included tax, shipping and insurance was only $99.36 not bad for what you get. If in the next 30 day I find out this product is junk I get a full refund. I gave it a 4 rating because it is to new to rate for me but so far I am not disappointed.

KA1NAV Rating: 5/5 Sep 18, 2009 22:16 Send this review to a friend
Works Great for me  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I just got them to day and they work great. I got good reports with them. I have a FT-767GX so had to have the noise canceling switch added. Using VOX makes using my hands for typing much easier. The head set is very light and comfortable and with a little adjusting the boom mic is right where I want it. I checked out here and in an article in QST about them before getting them. I don't know what the headset the person got with all the problems but mine is very well constructed and the ear phones are very well padded.

NZ0T Rating: 4/5 Feb 13, 2009 19:06 Send this review to a friend
Good for the price  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I got the kit and it was easy to build and works well. The only reason I gave it a 4 is that the supplied cable does not allow stereo which I need for my K3. I built it using 2 different cables and it works fine but it would be nice if they would supply a single 6 conductor cable. I called but they said all they could supply was the 4 conductor cable. I get very good audio reports, the phones fit well and are comfortable.

N9WK Rating: 5/5 Feb 5, 2009 13:15 Send this review to a friend
Great addition to my station  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I just received my headset from WGA. There was a mistake in the wiring when I first got it, but WGA asked me to return the headset so that it may be repaired. The turnaround was less than a week and now works very fine. It fits well and it will serve me well for DXing and Contesting. Thanks, Warren.

WU8P Rating: 1/5 Jan 28, 2009 05:25 Send this review to a friend
Very Cheap  Time owned: more than 12 months
I gave it a 1 because I cut the cord off and put it in the junk box before I tossed the headset in the trash can.
You can never go wrong with "you get what you pay for"

K8JHR Rating: 2/5 Jan 28, 2009 02:04 Send this review to a friend
Lousy headset  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I am very disappointed with the quality and performance of this product. Cheap, inexpensive construction, with poor sound isolation that sounds "plastic" - thin, and hollow, which is exactly how it is made. There is no sound dampening material inside the earphone covers. Hardly high fidelity sound reproduction.

The microphone, in a word, sucks. It is a two dollar electric condenser microphone element on what appears to be a homemade flexible rubber-coated boom. The foam wind screen is merely glued to the otherwise fully exposed microphone element. There is no plastic or metal housing to protect or cradle the mic element.

Overall, really cheap, cheesy construction. The earphone receivers are just cheap little speakers, and sound like it. The electret condenser microphone overdrives my Ten-Tec OMNI-VII - I cannot use this microphone unless I turn the mic-gain down to the lowest possible setting. That puts the input level right down at the rig's noise floor, and overdrives the AGC. (Maybe I could use it with an inline attenuator or if I adjust the rig's internal hardware mic gain control, but otherwise not.)

Just MY take... perhaps, your mileage might vary... Anyone want to buy my low mileage set for cheap? :-)

=== James -- K8JHR ===

KG8JF Rating: 5/5 Oct 8, 2007 05:18 Send this review to a friend
It works for me  Time owned: more than 12 months
The previous reviewer must have a hard to fit head.
I have mine but do not use them too much. From a technical standpoint, they may not stand up to much scrutiny, but for my pat they are as good as anything out there.