Reviews Categories | Headphones & Boom-mic Headsets | Warren Gregoire & Associates TR 2000 KIT/ASSEMBLED Help

Reviews Summary for Warren Gregoire & Associates TR 2000 KIT/ASSEMBLED
Warren Gregoire & Associates TR 2000 KIT/ASSEMBLED Reviews: 45 Average rating: 3.9/5 MSRP: $29.95
Description: Boom microphone headset

You can write your own review of the Warren Gregoire & Associates TR 2000 KIT/ASSEMBLED.

KD5ZEF Rating: 5/5 Jul 1, 2007 05:45 Send this review to a friend
Very good value  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I ordered an assembled set with the foot pedal plug with the intent of using it on field day with my Icom 746 (non pro). With proper adjustment of the mic it works and sounds great. At field day it got a lot of use. I consistently get good audio reports, too.

The noise cancelling works well, especially if you're looking at the noise source. For FD 2007 my station was near the A/C unit of the tent (yes, air conditioning in an enclosed, self supporting, military tent!) and the headset and mic performed very well and was very comfortable.

For the price these are sold, they're well worth having for contesting and everyday ragchewing.
N7HHC Rating: 5/5 Jan 29, 2007 17:24 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I received my TR-2000 Headphones with mic today and am very pleased with everything. I bought them assembled rather than the kit and am impressed with the quality of the headphones and the wiring job. I could probably have purchased the kit and put it together myself but chose to save my time for other things and let them do it. Very comfortable so far, used them about 6 hours this afternoon with no discomfort whatsoever. The push to talk switch works great and outside noise is almost eliminated while wearing the earphones. I can hear signals buried down in the noise level that I can't hear at all on the speaker. I would certainly recommend this product to anyone wanting good quality earphones with a mic. I talked to people I work frequently and they said my audio was great, even better than with the Kenwood mic I had been using. If anything happens to these I would not hesitate to buy another set.
WW5AA Rating: 5/5 Sep 1, 2006 11:13 Send this review to a friend
Great value!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I just ordered my second set. I have used this headset in my airplane for several years with great results. It is honestly better than the expensive set now relegated to the XYL. Several months ago my Heil head set bit the dust just before doing my net control duties. I wired an adapter for the Warren Gregoire headset and was amazed at how well they worked. For less than 60 bucks this is a great way to go
KX4JR Rating: 4/5 Jan 27, 2006 17:50 Send this review to a friend
Great Mike, Headset wired wrong  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
WATCH OUT! If you intend to use this headset/mike combo with any TenTec ORION's, 1 or 2, and you buy the pre-assenbled kit, the headset comes thru wired monaural...TALKED with the manufacturer...he said that the buyer MUST specify mono, or stereo wiring for the earphones...they use a stereo plug for ALL setups, but wire them for mono (bypassing the ring on the plug - thankfully). So, beware....
The mike and the earphone are GREAT!
WN4DW Rating: 5/5 May 11, 2005 15:36 Send this review to a friend
A REAL DEAL  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Bought the kit, $46.00 with shipping. If you buy one save the extra 8 bucks and buy the connector from a local supplier and you'll save 4 bucks. I added a foot switch that I bought three of for 10 bucks on ebay and I'm really happy with the result. The head phones sound better than my Kenwood HS-5, they are more comfortable and I get great audio reports (that seldom happened when using my ICOM Mic.) The directions aren't great, but they are adequate (they could use a drawing or two.) The right side tended to slide down on their own, but that was easily fixed by adding a few rings to the wires with a pair of dykes. They also had the holes all drilled in the same shell, so one side has an extra hole and I had to drill a hole in the other side. Thats a small thing. They really work well and that's what it's all about.
K1XS Rating: 5/5 Nov 13, 2004 17:39 Send this review to a friend
Nice headphones  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Really easy to build, took about 1/2 hour. The directions are very detailed. Added a pre-amp to get enough drive for my HF radio and a PTT switch from an old HT headset. I don't work enough phone to justify a high end headset, so this fit the bill. The headset is comfortable enough for SWL at night when everyone is sleeping. Good audio reports on transmit. Definately worth the $30.00.
K6TPL Rating: 3/5 Jun 20, 2004 13:34 Send this review to a friend
Connector Problem  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have owned the TR-2000 it was bought as a kit and went together very well. About two years ago I added push to talk and since then have not been able to get the headphones to work properly. They now live in my desk. I have used three new connectors with no luck. WHEN THEY WORKED THEY WERE GREAT. Only other problems is that the headphones do not hold there position. The right side always slides all the way down making them uncomfortable to wear.
I am sure the problem is my failing eye sight and the small connector. I would recommend and have recommended to others. For the price they are a good deal.
N5XYO Rating: 5/5 May 15, 2004 12:29 Send this review to a friend
Good value...low bucks  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Considering the price...I can't find much too complain about. The kit was a breeze to build and I must admit that I've had more problems through the years with some hi-priced "big name" brands so I regard this product as a bargain. It works as described!
G3VGR Rating: 2/5 May 15, 2004 11:11 Send this review to a friend
Cheap and nasty  Time owned: more than 12 months
I bought these as a kit a long time ago. Being a CW Op, I threw away the microphone (which, mechanically seemed a bit mickey-mouse anyhow )and just used the headphones for dx'ing and contesting.The ear cups completely cover my ears and keep out external noises, which is good. One earpiece will not stay put when adjusted. The headphone cord is quite stiff and also gets itself twisted & tangled in knots all the time. The headphones are quite heavy and seem poorly balanced, so I am constantly readjusting them and pushing them back on my head. Audio quality seems ok, but after the signal has been through a 250Hz filter & audio DSP, I suppose it really doesn't matter too much anyway. I need to fix the earpiece adjuster and replace the cord. It would probably be better to buy a new pair of headphones from a reputable manufacturer (Koss or Sennheiser) instead
NX7U Rating: 4/5 Feb 14, 2004 23:36 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Value  Time owned: more than 12 months
I got mine new as a kit. I made a box to interface it with my FT-100 mobile, with which I currently use a Heil Proset with the HC-4 element.
The interface part was pretty simple. As the FT-100 uses a 6-pin RJ jack I just used a wall-mount RJ box and drilled an extra hole for a 1/8" jack for the headset microphone to plug into.
On-air testing indicated the TX audio was nearly identical with my HC-4...most heard no real difference.
For me, comfort was lower than the Proset...although the headphones "grip" the head tighter, and seal out the road noise a bit better, they are quite a bit heavier, and the microphone doesn't swivel out of the way.
But for less than 1/2 price, an excellent 2nd op or backup headset.