Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF Directional: Yagi, quad, rotary dipole, LPD, etc | Mosley TA-54-XL-6 Help

Reviews Summary for Mosley TA-54-XL-6
Mosley TA-54-XL-6 Reviews: 4 Average rating: 4.8/5 MSRP: $1,458.95
Description: Mosley's latest super antenna covering 6-10-12-15-17-20 all on one feed line.

You can write your own review of the Mosley TA-54-XL-6.

N0UY Rating: 4/5 Aug 24, 2013 17:22 Send this review to a friend
Solid Built  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I bought this antenna from a ham who had a change in plans so it arrived in the orginal factory boxes. Assembly went well with only a couple re-reads of the included instructions. Additional illustrations wouldn't hurt. The assembled antenna plots just as indicated in the instructions. The antenna performs well on the five main intended bands but is lacking on 6 meters in my opinion. So much so that I am removing the 6 meter reflector and director elements from the antenna so I can better balance the mount position for the remaining elements. The antenna is rock solid and well designed mechanically. I am pleased with the performance so far and will know more after jumping into the upcoming contest season this fall. I run the 100 watt category so I will soon find out.

KB3H Rating: 5/5 Nov 10, 2012 07:31 Send this review to a friend
A Keeper!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
We erected the TA-54XL model (sans 6M) in the Spring 2012. At 50 feet it performs to spec, and is rotated by a Ham-5 with no issues. The SWR plot is very acceptable. Mechanically it was unfazed enduring some very brisk winds at this western Pennsylvania mountaintop QTH during Hurricane Sandy.

I feel the manual could benefit from a re-write with "exploded" illustrations, but with that said, the provided instructions are not an impediment to a two day one-man construct of the antenna.

W6JJW Rating: 5/5 Aug 26, 2008 21:18 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding 20 thru 6 Beam  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I had what I thought was a great tri-band beam for 30+ years but wanted WARC and 6 meters for my new solid-state Transceiver and amp. I also didn't want a lot of feedlines and switches. I researched the possible antenna options for months and had many discussions with various manufacturers and owners of TA54s and others.

The TA54-XLN-6 more than exceeded my expectations. It has 7 elements, 4 active elements on each band (20,17,15,12,10,6) on a nice 21' boom (40 or 30 mtrs can be added if desired). The SWR is well within limits for my solid state equipment on all CW and phone parts of 20 thru 12 and lower portion of 10 and 6. No tuning needed and instant performance.

Results have been fantastic. Two weeks of casual contacts included most of Europe, FW1, P29, BT1s,FK8,ZF2,JX9,JW, BT1, TI, 5W, TA, P29,ZB2, 5Z4 and others with reports of extremely strong, loud, big signal, etc. on 20, 17, 15 in August at bottom of the sunspot cycle. My first contact on 6 meters was over 1000 miles with a VE7 and report of S9+20.

All in all, a great solid design by Mosley and a snap to assemble.

NT4I Rating: 5/5 Nov 1, 2006 10:34 Send this review to a friend
The best yet!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This is Mosley’s new no compromise antenna covering 6 through 20 meters. The antenna went together very easy with Mosley’s color coding and clear instruction manual. I called and spoke with Gary Jr. and Gary Sr. during the assembly process with a couple questions. They were both pleasant, knowledgeable and eager to answer my questions. Upon installing the antenna I tested the all very important SWR curve test. Bottom line; it matched the stated specification. On the air, I worked the world immediately with 100 watts and several local 6 meter stations.
This antennas is true to Mosley’s legendary reputation for quality and performance.