Reviews Categories | Headphones & Boom-mic Headsets | Heil Pro Set Quiet Phone Help

Reviews Summary for Heil Pro Set Quiet Phone
Reviews: 4 Average rating: 3.8/5 MSRP: $299.00(cdn)
Description: Headphone/Boom Microphone Combination
More info: http://www.heilsound.com/amateur/pro_set_quiet_phone.htm

You can write your own review of the Heil Pro Set Quiet Phone.

G0KSC Rating: 0/5 Jul 15, 2008 15:52 Send this review to a friend
Very Poor  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I can only assume that the reviewers on this page have had nothing to compare against and not experienced any issues they need sorting.

The most worst part about this set is the effect RF had on them. When the noise cancelling feature is enabled, the headset is badly effected by RF. Low power as well as QRO. This is not an issue with my station, everything else (including the PC speakers with unscreened cables) works without any effect.

The next is the high pitched scream I get in the right ear when the noise cancelling is enabled. This is only just audible but starts a headache after 10 minutes use so these have had to be packed back the the box.

I may have reviewed this higher is perhaps they were repaired, replaced or I had some feedback from Heil. However, they seem diss-interested as they have not replied to any of my mails asking for possible solutions.

STEER CLEAR and look and cheaper, better quality alternatives.

NV7E Rating: 5/5 Apr 26, 2007 04:44 Send this review to a friend
Great for Mobile or Travel Use  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I have had all of Heil's headsets and four Heil mics. I like all of them and have not had any problems with any of them. I like the Heil concept of standard adaptors for their headsets and mics to make it easy to switch them between various radios. I even converted an old Astatic D-104 microphone to use Heil adaptors.

When I bought the Pro-Set Quiet Phone I thought it would be the same as the Pro Set with the Quiet Phone earphones. It is, mostly. The noise reduction facility of the Quiet Phone works like the equivalent Bose QuietComfort headsets. It cuts down ambient noise to more comfortable levels. This can be an important consideration if you’re operating portable or mobile. I sometimes use the Quiet Phone on long airline flights to cut down on the engine noise.

The big positive difference for me from the regular Pro Set is the hand control/battery box. This allows you to use PTT with its hand switch without the need for an outboard hand or foot switch. That means one less thing to lug along when you’re traveling. The box is at a comfortable length from the headset so it is easily accessible.

The Pro Set Quiet Phone is noticeably lighter than the regular Pro Set. It is not quite as flexible as the Pro-Set Plus, because it doesn’t have both the HC-4 and HC-5 mic modules. Another consideration is that the Pro-Set Quiet Phone requires two AA batteries, which last for about 80 hours of full functional use. In the shack ambient noise is usually not that a big problem, so I usually use the regular Pro-Set or Pro-Set Plus there.

In summary, I recommend the Pro Set Quiet Phone as a great headset for mobile or travel use.

N0UDR Rating: 5/5 Feb 19, 2007 02:32 Send this review to a friend
Great Product!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Great Product! I bought mine with the HC5 mike element. I get good audio reports from everyone. I realy like the noise quieting. My shack is on South Mountain in Thule AB and it is an Air Forse Research Lab building and has equipment that produces a bit of white noise. The headset makes it easy to operate reducing the noise significantly. I also bought the adapter for my TS-480SAT. Others complained of the weight on the connectors to the radio. I had on hand an extension for the adapter. This eliminated stress on connector to the radio and allowed me to put the tranciever almost anyhere in the room. So I have not experienced problems with the weight and stress on the connector to the radio.

VA6CS Rating: 5/5 Nov 3, 2006 15:00 Send this review to a friend
AWESOME!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This is a great product - I was somewhat sceptical of its advertised ability to 'cancel out' spurious noise...but it works! Another winner by Heil!