Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF: Yagi, Quad, Rotary dipole, LPDA | PKW 40m Dipole MHF1e40 - 7 MHz Help

Reviews Summary for PKW 40m Dipole MHF1e40 - 7 MHz
PKW 40m Dipole MHF1e40 - 7 MHz Reviews: 6 Average rating: 4.7/5 MSRP: $200
Description: 40m Rotary dipole.

You can write your own review of the PKW 40m Dipole MHF1e40 - 7 MHz.

PA8C Rating: 4/5 Sep 7, 2013 13:55 Send this review to a friend
Great of modification  Time owned: more than 12 months
I wrote a review earlier under my old callsign PD0LUR. I still have this monoband rotary dipole and use it regularly. A point of concern is the way of connecting the coils to the radiator tubes. The manufacturer have chosen to use pop rivets to connect the coil wire under it and that is a culprit after time. I have modified it by crimping silver plated Amp lugs and connect them with Stainless steel M5 bolts en nuts on the Alu tubes. Since then i have no issues anymore and the aerial is performing excellent.
This modification should have been done right away when i bought the arial but i did not know about this shortcomming then. Therefore this warning and 4 out of 5 points for the review.

M0HDX Rating: 5/5 Feb 10, 2013 11:08 Send this review to a friend
Impressive  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Great product made by I2PKW,Build quality is excellent and took about 30 minutes to measure and assemble.Cost of the antenna was 123.00 + 24.00 postage (Bargain) Arrived a few days later.

I have worked more DX on 40m than i could ever imagine with the tower @ 35ft windy days and 75ft on calm days,Even at 35ft i managed to bust the european pileups for YB and VK,VY stations.

First two weeks using the PKW rotary dipole i have worked ---- ZL,VK,YB,PY,LU,AFRICA,CENTRAL AMERICA,MIDDLE EAST,JAPAN,NORTH AMERICA

I was going to put a 2 ele monoband yagi on the tower but for all the extra weight, wind load + cost i opted for the rotary dipole.

Well worth the money for a quality built antenna that is very reasonably priced.

Thankyou I2PKW for a superb product.

Jim M0HDX

PD0LUR Rating: 5/5 Apr 2, 2010 15:19 Send this review to a friend
Top stuff  Time owned: more than 12 months
I own this antenna now for two years and I can only say that I'm very pleased with it. Great preformance and material is quality stuff. All connection and mounting parts are in stainless steel and even the traps are well protected against rain and other conditions. The only thing I changed was the main supporting rod by replacing it with a 2.5mm since that was a little bit light constructed in my point of view. The rotary dipole can be easily tuned by extending or shortening the end sections of the dipoles. Bandwith is fine over 50kHz in my case from 7050kHz to 7100kHz. It is fed over 25meters RG213 that connects to a MFJ-918 1:1 current balun. Advantage is that the balun has a build-in RF-choke so no RFI is present. It is also resonant on 10meters when I use the internal tuner of my IC-765Pro3. I can recommend this aerial to anybody that is seeking a good antenna for a reasonable price. In my case it will be in use for many more years to come.

PE2MC Rating: 5/5 Feb 18, 2009 07:49 Send this review to a friend
PKW or Wire dipole  Time owned: more than 12 months
Hi

Working with it for over a Year. Did change the pipe to a solid steel one. But worked almost in one year with bad propagation 200dxcc. I us a bit extra help about 400w from a amplifier.
Also did change the Pl connection. I do use a 1.1 balun which can hold 5kw :)

If you want a dipole take this one. Never going to use a wire dipole..

Marco PE2MC

Http://www.pe2mc.nl

PD7BZ Rating: 4/5 Apr 29, 2008 09:58 Send this review to a friend
Good option for 40M  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I have the 40M Rotary Dipole now 3 Months.
In this time,i worked very nice Dx with it.
Got VP6DX with it,also VK7AC.
I did have also a 2x 10M wire dipole at the same time.But the Rotary Dipole came out better with RX and TX.

For OM's that don't have large space,this dipole would do great.

PD9JO Rating: 5/5 Jul 22, 2007 01:47 Send this review to a friend
Great dipool  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I work with this dipool for 1 month now, before I used the rotatable dipool from MFJ the 1775 (6bands) This one is much bigger than the one before, so offcourse this one is much better in RX after making a lot of Qso's with friends around the world I can tell you that this dipool is great!!! Swr 1:1 on the total band (40 mtr) and also with rain and wind no problems.
So if you think a bout buying a rotatable dipool voor 40, this is the one!! For pictures check www.pd9jo.nl 73's Jo.