Reviews Categories | Weather Stations | Acurite 00594W Wireless Weather Station Help

Reviews Summary for Acurite 00594W Wireless Weather Station
Acurite 00594W Wireless Weather Station Reviews: 22 Average rating: 2.8/5 MSRP: $89.95
Description: The Acu-Rite 00594W Wireless Weather Station provides a tremendous amount of weather information for a reasonable cost. The upper panel displays indoor and outdoor temperature and humidity, wind chill, heat index, plus wind direction and speed data. The lower panel displays radio controlled (atomic) time and calendar information, moon phase, weather forecast, and barometric pressure with history graph.

The 00594W comes with two wireless remote sensors. One remote sensor (best mounted in the shade) senses outdoor temperature and humidity, and receives the atomic clock signal outside, where building construction cannot bother clock signal reception. The second sensor senses wind speed and direction (best mounted in unobstructed wind). This data is transmitted to the console indoors. This station can work with up to three thermo-hygro remotes, for monitoring additional locations. The integral atomic clock has a daily alarm with an available 5-minute snooze function.
More info: http://www.giftngadget.com/gng-acu-rite-00594w.html

You can write your own review of the Acurite 00594W Wireless Weather Station.

KC2AUB Rating: 5/5 Aug 1, 2011 06:36 Send this review to a friend
great weather station  Time owned: more than 12 months
I purchased this product from Walmart when I become a weather spotter for SkyWarn and NWS. The weather station operates great. My only problem was no setup instructions or operator's manual.

PINESTUMPSAVAGE Rating: 2/5 Jan 1, 2010 18:59 Send this review to a friend
Good And Bad  Time owned: more than 12 months
After over a year and a half of use here are my findings...

Indoor Temp- Accurate.
Indoor Humidity- Way off. Always read half or less of reality.
Outdoor Temp- Accurate.
Outdoor Humidity- Way off. Always read 10 to 15 clicks higher than reality.
Wind Speed- Accurate; verified in automobile.
Barometer- Accurate.
Forecast- Accurate as any weather man :)

If the humidity readings were accurate this would have been quite a bargain.

N7WR Rating: 4/5 Nov 20, 2009 17:50 Send this review to a friend
Good for $$  Time owned: more than 12 months
I bought one on line for $73 and for the money it works fine. Lots of features for little money and as far as I can tell the accuracy is pretty good. I have compared it to a PEET that I've had for awhile and the temp and windspeed is very much the same. I have the windspeed/direction unit 100 feet from the shack and I have no reception problems

KA2WYG Rating: 4/5 Jul 18, 2009 07:01 Send this review to a friend
Look at the price  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Is this the best wx station on the market? No, not by a long shot. Is it about the least expensive station with all it offers? You better believe it. I found that the temp, humidity and barometer are pretty acurate. The wind speed is OK as long as the winds are under 20mph. If you want a precision instrument then don't buy one for 75 bucks, buy a Davis for 500 to 600 bucks. If your looking for a basic station and your cheap like me then I highly recomend this unit.

KF5KXT Rating: 0/5 Jul 16, 2009 12:14 Send this review to a friend
Don't even think about it.  Time owned: more than 12 months
I bought this weather station from Wal*mart 2 years ago. The temperature and humidity seemed ok. But the wind speed readings were 1/10 the actuall wind speed. Way off!! When you power up the console in the sensor battery icons. And the dew point/heat index/wind chill area, you can see rain functions. But the rain gauge doesn't connect. I called customer service about it. They said, "The 00594 doesn't work with the rain gauge". That's a bunch of(BS). After a wile the barometer freezes. A storm came with heavy winds. Console never got over 16 mph, which the sensor mast got toppled by 45 mph winds. I now have an Oregon Scientific station instead. Works 1000 times better. Spend a little more and get a reel weather station!

KD7MWR Rating: 1/5 Jun 15, 2009 17:05 Send this review to a friend
Inaccurate Readings  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I really liked the price on this unit, so I bought it. It doesn't have an serial connection which was a real dissapointment, but I figured it was a good deal anyway. I also got the rain gauge, hoping it would communicate with this weather station. It doesn't. Anyway, I placed the outside sensor right next to the display unit to see if the temperature and humidity readings would be the same. I found a difference of 1 to 5 degrees Fahrenheit and 8 to 15 % difference in humidity. Then I located the remote sensor outside. For some reason, the dew point always reads at 32 degrees Fahrenheit. Once the temperature gets to about 80, the humidity is less than 5%. It is not that dry here!

The wind gauge seemed to be working initially. However, I do not like a wind gust reading lower than the recorded windspeed. I live in a windy area. Windier than where the official reading is for my area. This wind gauge reads quite low when compared with the official NOAA readings.

As for the rain gauge, it records rainfall when I leave it indoors! Last time I checked, I didn't have any precipitation inside my house.

I just can't keep something that is this unreliable and inaccurate. This one is going back.

KB4RRC Rating: 1/5 Dec 28, 2008 06:05 Send this review to a friend
Relative Indicater at Best  Time owned: more than 12 months
I was given one for Christmas two years ago. Once the elevation and initial barometric pressure were set, You might as well hang it up as in mine its locked in "ROM". So I just offest the read pressure by +.15 for an accurate reading.

The windspeed... It can be gusting and read only 3-5 mph. So I got the leaf blower out and figured I would cause a hurricane force wind... 34 mph max on the indicater is all I got.. I am used to setting up US Forest Service/Bureau of Land management weather stations and those wind speed indicators have zero friction... The Acurite wind indicator has too much friction and is stiff..

Otherwise the unit is good for RELATIVE indications.. My father also has one and his kills batteries in the temp/humid sensor every two months. He is going to replace his with a another vendors unit.

Otherwise the unit is FAIR to OK.....For the unserious casual weather gadget lover.

BMX Rating: 3/5 Sep 27, 2008 00:18 Send this review to a friend
OK for 64.99  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I had to cheat the barometer altitude reading myself from 100' to 300', the wrong reading was 29.79 to a right measurement of 30.00, the NOAA sensor about a mile away.

I say its OK for 65 bucks.

N4CQR Rating: 4/5 Sep 6, 2008 12:43 Send this review to a friend
Quiet a bit of bang for the buck  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I purchased my unit from Lowes back in July of 08. Here it is September 6th 08 and the batteries are still holding up in all three units.

Ditto the comment about having to lie about the elevation. I am at 997 feet but had to set it to 1075 to agree with the local airport (1010 ft) to get a close reading.

Ditto the comment(s) regarding gusts. The report time it just too slow to provide wind gusts. But you can get a general idea. Other features seem to work really well.

It appears that there are varying degrees of
quality control on these units. If you get a good one, you will like it.

W5CDT Rating: 1/5 Sep 6, 2008 09:48 Send this review to a friend
Remote sensor excess battery drain  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Well...just like everyone else I thought this would be a neat deal. I already own an Accurite rain gauge that has performed well for several years in the guelling Texas summer heat.

The problem I'm having (and I didn't know about the "stuck at 4mph" problem) is that the remote temp/humidity/WWVB receiver will run the batteries down in about 5 days. It's done this twice with verified fresh alkaline batteries. The unit does work and syncs with WWVB to within about 1 second (close enough) and the humidity sensor is SLOW. I called Accurite support and was on hold for 10 minutes. Then I tried their support web page which was broken. I finally just emailed SALES and got a response. They claim a new updated unit will be available September 25th and I told them "OK I'll wait for it". I will take this sucker back to Wally-World and get a refund if I don't get satisfaction.
Additionally, I too had to LIE about my altitude to get the barometer to read correctly. Quality control on this product clearly sucks. At least Accurite is trying to make good. We shall see..to be continued.