Reviews Categories | Weather Stations | Acurite 00594W Wireless Weather Station Help

Reviews Summary for Acurite 00594W Wireless Weather Station
Acurite 00594W Wireless Weather Station Reviews: 22 Average rating: 2.8/5 MSRP: $89.95
Description: The Acu-Rite 00594W Wireless Weather Station provides a tremendous amount of weather information for a reasonable cost. The upper panel displays indoor and outdoor temperature and humidity, wind chill, heat index, plus wind direction and speed data. The lower panel displays radio controlled (atomic) time and calendar information, moon phase, weather forecast, and barometric pressure with history graph.

The 00594W comes with two wireless remote sensors. One remote sensor (best mounted in the shade) senses outdoor temperature and humidity, and receives the atomic clock signal outside, where building construction cannot bother clock signal reception. The second sensor senses wind speed and direction (best mounted in unobstructed wind). This data is transmitted to the console indoors. This station can work with up to three thermo-hygro remotes, for monitoring additional locations. The integral atomic clock has a daily alarm with an available 5-minute snooze function.
More info: http://www.giftngadget.com/gng-acu-rite-00594w.html

You can write your own review of the Acurite 00594W Wireless Weather Station.

WA3LWR Rating: 5/5 Jul 25, 2008 08:11 Send this review to a friend
Replacement Excellent  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I purchased the first unit at Christmas and had a problem with the indoor humidity indicator. Contacted customer support and tried their possible solution without success. They sent me a new unit, which they informed me was backordered. Have it now and it looks the same as the old unit, but works perfectly. As noted the wind gusts will transmit about once every 45 seconds, so it is not quite a true gust indicator, but since it uses 2 AA batteries any other option would die quickly. No 232 port, but no big problem. At this price it is a steal.

WA3LWR Rating: 4/5 Jul 16, 2008 05:19 Send this review to a friend
Not bad for the Price  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Have owned the unit for several months. The biggest problem has been the indoor humidity indicator which is significantly off. Tech support called back in a timely manner, and was very helpful, but it did not correct problem. A new upgraded unit will be here soon at no cost. The unit is amazing in what it can do, read the manual carefully. I agree the Wind Gust indicator should be renamed, the wind speed unit reports back at a variable interval you determine, but the wind speed transmits ever 45 seconds. Batteries would not handle a true wind gust system.
So where you going to get a good wireless unit, works well and is rather inexpensive?

WA0RVK Rating: 0/5 Apr 7, 2008 00:47 Send this review to a friend
Tried 2 of these. Total pieces of junk.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought one of these at Walmart a few months ago. The remote temp sensor worked, and the internal unit worked, but the wind sensor never worked right. It either didn't register with the base unit at all, or it would give totally random wind speeds. Direction seemed to be OK. Finally returned it for refund. Found one at Lowe's recently, and since I had a gift card, thought I'd give another try. Similar problems. Wind sensor either wouldn't register at all, would register, but wouldn't give any speed or direction data, or gave the dreaded "fixed 4mph" reading. I left several messages with the 800 tech support number but never got a single return call. Finally returned it to Lowe's for a refund. I'm done with Acu-Rite products. They are junk, and they don't support them. Spend your money on something that works.

PINESTUMPSAVAGE Rating: 4/5 Mar 28, 2008 07:29 Send this review to a friend
So Far, So Good  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought this unit in January 2008. Living on a hilltop in northern Michigan I see a lot of extremes as far as weather conditions are concerned. I set up the remote units with lithium batteries as -25F is not unusual here.

So far my experience with the weather station has been;

Outside temp and humidity- Good. Though the sensors are a bit slower to react than a wired unit the readings are very close to observed conditions from NOAA.

Inside temp and humidity- Good. I tested the inside unit against the outside unit and they match up ok.

Wind speed/direction- Good. My readings are always very close to observed conditions from NOAA.

Barometer- Good. Again, my readings are always very close to observed conditions from NOAA.

Atomic clock- Works fine.

Forecaster- Surprisingly accurate the vast majority of the time.

All in all this weather station was well woth the 80 bones I spent on it. Its not a Cadillac but it gets you where you're going.

XYTSRM Rating: 2/5 Feb 18, 2008 10:40 Send this review to a friend
Nice idea - poor implementation  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Used this unit for just over a month. I installed the temperature-hydrometer unit in a protected location, on a porch with two open sides, and I installed the annometer on the roof of the house. The base-station was located on an upper floor, and was able to receive both senders, and synchronize with the atomic-clock.

The outside temperature registered resonably accurately, although the indoor temperature was reading 1.5 degrees low, when compared to three other thermometers.

I was most interested in the annometer, as a windy day was forcast. Unfortunately, the unit only registered a wind "Gust" of 9 MPH, dispite the fact that several internet accessable weather stations around my house recorded wind-gusts of over 30 MPH. This is understandable because the unit only samples the annometer every minute, so it's actually only registering the average wind speed over a minute; not an actual gust which lasts only seconds at best. I still wanted to see at least how accurate the one minute average was, so I devised a simple mount and attached the unit to my car. I drove the car at a constant speed of 45 MPH on a back road for 5 minutes, observing each one minute sample. I also drove the car in both directions to cancel the affect of any prevaling winds; they were neglegable. For the 45 MPH speed of the car, the unit registered a constant 37 MPH ( in both directions); I do not consider this acceptable performance. I was going to contact the company to see if it could be calibrated, when the temperature-hydrometer unit quit working. I tried several times to re-syn, including moving the sender next to the base, removing and cleaning the Lithium batteries, without success. Either the unit failed, or it managed to suck-down fresh Lithium batteries in one month.

Bottomline I returned the unit to the store for a refund, they're sending it back to Accurite.

I really wished this unit lived up to it's promise - it's certainly priced right - but I guess youe get what you pay for.

WD4MP Rating: 0/5 May 9, 2007 21:29 Send this review to a friend
Not a good buy if its broke  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Pretty little package. Nice to have most parameters on single display. However, the 4 mph wind-speed seems to be a common problem. (I called twice, and they would not acknowledge their equipment had a problem.) Wind-speed was the primary reason I purchased the unit, so I give it a ZERO. The units come that way (broke), but Acurite wants you to pay shipping (both ways) to fix their problem. IF you buy one anyway, save the packing and take it back to Wally-World if it has a problem. Unfortunately, I bought mine while traveling, and lost the packing stuff before I got home and confirmed the wind speed was goofy. DUH.

KB9VXJ Rating: 4/5 Apr 27, 2007 21:32 Send this review to a friend
Great Value  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Couuldn't resist picking this up for $70.There certainly are a lot of features for that kind of money, including atomic clock, moon phases, barometer, indoor outdoor temp and humidity,wind chill heat index, due point, and wind speed. It survived a Wisconsin winter just fine, and using 2 aa Lithium batteries is agood idea, still going strong. Only knocks are: The wind gauge only reports once a minute, and I had to lie about my altitude to get the barometer to register correctly. Not NOAA standards, but at this price? Great buy.

N0YAI Rating: 5/5 Apr 25, 2007 10:02 Send this review to a friend
Excellent value  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
After using this at 2 different locations now for around 3 months, I'm pretty impressed with the quality and accuracy. This thing just works. It has a ton of information, and holds min/max values for a rolling 7 day period so you don't need to remember to reset it daily, which is a common theme amongst lower end units. Very versatile in what weather event or category you want to have it alarm on. Also, it has excellent wireless range.

If there are any cons, it would be that there is no backlighting, and it would be nice if it had a PC interface. But for 79 beans American, you simply can't beat this wx station.

BARNEYDUDE Rating: 1/5 Mar 13, 2007 04:29 Send this review to a friend
wind speed problems and more.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Wind speed problem, also after the new daylight saving time change the clock keeps resetting its self back one hour, when i manually set it,even thou, it has recieved rcc connection. i would gues that the rcc clock at fort collins is correct. I suggest putting the weather station in basement away from windows to keep from getting that signal but then it can't get any other signals, just bot it jan. 2007 sure wish i could send it back, station is a waste of money...Ps wind chill not right because wind not right, very slow adjusting to temps, dew point and humidity not very good ,,

KT4WO Rating: 2/5 Jan 21, 2007 20:39 Send this review to a friend
well....  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
seems to work...but.. i have never seen the wind speed over 4 mph...i dont think that is right,,
i live in the mtns of NC... we have WIND..hihi
would not buy it again...wish i had spent a little more and "Got what i paid for" hihi
KT4WO