Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF: Vertical, Wire, Loop | Radiowavz HyperHanger Help

Reviews Summary for Radiowavz HyperHanger
Reviews: 9 Average rating: 3.6/5 MSRP: $79.95
Description: Antenna support line hanger using a sling shot and tennis balls for the projectile.
More info: http://www.radiowavz.com

You can write your own review of the Radiowavz HyperHanger.

K4LZA Rating: 1/5 Mar 18, 2017 14:28 Send this review to a friend
Awkward to use  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have owned this for about 18 months. The elasticity of the rubber bands has diminished to the point that it is now useless. I also found it a little awkward to use. Recently replaced it with the Air Boss Hangar. I used the reel that was on the hyper hanger and moved it to the air boss. Much easier to use.

No response from Radiowavz concerning the weakening of the bands.

KW4AUB Rating: 2/5 Jan 21, 2016 10:19 Send this review to a friend
Good idea, poor design  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I bought this because I'm not very mechanical. I don't own fishing weights or slingshots. So I thought this would save me buying all of the other stuff plus simplify me trying to build one.

If you aren't a fisherman, then an open-face reel is not the way to go. It's hard enough to keep the line from tangling, and the open-face reel makes it worse. I'm going to replace mine with a cheap Zebco on the advice of my ham buddies.

All of the other stuff the people say on here is true. It will shoot a ball a long way if you are good with a slingshot, and the ball is easy to see. But if you launch one really high only to have the line break and tangle up in the reel, then you have to start all over. In the end, you are no better off than using a separate slingshot and a lead weight with a role of fishing line. That's what I've gone back to until I can replace the reel. For this much money, I didn't expect to have to do so much work on it in order to begin using it.

W8YG Rating: 5/5 Oct 8, 2010 05:28 Send this review to a friend
WOW!!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I got my hyper hanger and if you have never used a sling shot or if it has been a long time get the extra balls you will need them.
My 1st shot was poor but my second shot sent a ball over a 75 foot tree at least 20 or more feet higher than the tree itself. It then traveled 1/2 a block away and bounced about 10 feet high on my neighbors roof. I am hiding out now until I see if any one noticed.LOL... This is one fun product . It is well made and works well I am having fun even in the learning curve stage.
heck I have had so many laughs in a long time. And most importantly it works great.

KT1F Rating: 5/5 Jul 21, 2009 10:33 Send this review to a friend
Better than I expected  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
My antennas are now hanging from the top of several trees, at least 60 ft high, thanks to the HyperHanger.

My aim and distance improved with practice. It helps to have strong and long arms if you want maximum height.

The tennis ball does seem to have a surprising ability to stumble its way down without getting snagged. I think the bounce helps a bit. After many launches I did get snagged once and had to break and replace the line. Then the ball came down with the broken line so I still have it. 300 yards of new line costs about $6 at WalMart so it's no big deal to replace.

N2DTS Rating: 5/5 Feb 6, 2009 06:32 Send this review to a friend
1st shot did it!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I dont know what happened to the instructions, but I figured it out.
My very first shot went 70 feet over the tree, just where I wanted it.
No practice, it just went in the exact spot I wanted!

You cant ask more than that!
Seems very well made to me.

Brett
N2DTS

WC4R Rating: 4/5 Dec 11, 2008 17:37 Send this review to a friend
Happy with it  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
After getting used to the device and how it works (and my aiming skills), it did the job well for me. Got my line over a branch at 80+ feet. That seemed to be close to its limit. Takes some strength to pull it back and get the force you need.

W3PH Rating: 3/5 Apr 20, 2008 07:13 Send this review to a friend
Not bad, not great  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Decided to add a Lazy-H to my collection, and this time managed to start early enough in spring, while it's warm enough but the leaves aren't back on the trees.

Having lost my share of lead weights over the years, I decided to try the HyperHanger. Got the antenna up, but it still took all afternoon.

Pros: the tennis ball is much easier to see, and it's heavy enough to pull the line down to the ground.

Cons: it takes more strength to use than a regular slingshot, and I had some trouble getting to the tops of the trees. The ball bounced off branches and came back at me a few times; in the same situation I think a lead weight would have gotten through. Build quality is so-so. Had to remove the line from the reel and restring it with new line to get it to feed smoothly.

Bottom line: it worked, but wasn't faster or easier than a slingshot with lead weights.

KC0WGB Rating: 5/5 Dec 4, 2006 00:33 Send this review to a friend
Safer, Better Product  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
This product offers a safer,unique method for stringing antennas through trees. Spent an afternoon launching the tennis ball at and over 200+ foot trees with no equipment failures and with much better accuracy than other methods used previously. The yellow ball provided offered high visibility and a safer operation. While I have never attempted to, or had to, contact the reeel manufacturer or the frame manufacturer concerning broken or malfunctioning parts, the folks at RadioWavz have always answered my questions politely and taylored their responses to my experience level.

WA5TWL Rating: 2/5 Nov 12, 2006 08:09 Send this review to a friend
Needs work.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This is an alternative method of hanging wires in trees using a sling shot to launch a fishing line over a limb. The gimmick is using a larger sling shot and a tennis ball as the projectile instead of a fishing weight. The tennis ball cannot reach the height of a fishing weight, but it has the advantage of not being a dangerous projectile and is easily seen. The problem is the poor qulity of the fishing reel which failed immediately on first use and the lack of response from the manufacturer when notified about the problem. The sling shot method is a good one, but this product needs to be improved.