Reviews Categories | Antenna Tuners | KW 107 SUPERMatch Help

Reviews Summary for KW 107 SUPERMatch
KW 107 SUPERMatch Reviews: 9 Average rating: 4.8/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: British Made Antenna Tuner
(Web site missing—add URL)

You can write your own review of the KW 107 SUPERMatch.

G4AWY Rating: 5/5 Jan 4, 2013 11:13 Send this review to a friend
Does what it says on the tin  Time owned: more than 12 months
Bought mine from a ham who "upgraded" to something more modern 20 years ago. Within a month he was begging me to sell it back to him - and he offered +25% of the original price! I declined.

I had owned a KW E-Zee match prior to getting this ATU, so knew what I was getting. Will match into anything including (as I have done on more than one occasion) an open circuit and a short circuit. Apart from cleaning the switch a couple of times, and having to replace the Sens. pot the 107 continues to work faultlessly. Can't see me ever parting with it.

MM1EWA Rating: 5/5 Feb 6, 2010 03:27 Send this review to a friend
Top Top!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Really pleased with my KW-107, well built, well designed! "A keeper!".

SV1ENG Rating: 4/5 Mar 29, 2008 10:12 Send this review to a friend
very good, not for 160m  Time owned: more than 12 months
I bought a used one from ebay, 2-3 years ago,
I give a 4 not because the lack of 160 m tuning capability
but because it arced on 80 with my G5RV
and less than 600Watts.
On the other hand it has a very good construction quality.
I wish it has 160m and WARC.

WB5CYS Rating: 5/5 Dec 2, 2007 18:45 Send this review to a friend
Best I Ever Had  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This is the easiest to use manual antenna tuner I have ever owned. It tunes anything I throw at it and handles full output from my Collins 30L-1 without a hiccup. Thise tuner is so very easy to use I cannot imagine why it is not still produced. Cost-prohibitive, I guess. I am sure that MFJ can crank out their junk for 1/4 the cost and so we end up using junk in our shacks. Get your hands on one of these tuners if you can and see what I am talking about - but you sure can't have mine!

K8JS Rating: 4/5 Feb 22, 2004 01:41 Send this review to a friend
Not Bad Overall, But Lacks Both High Power & 160M Capability  Time owned: more than 12 months
I bought this KW-107 brand-new in the early 1980's after I relocated to Florida, and sold my SB-220 linear amp.
It is **superior** to the old venerable E.F. Johnson "Little" 300-watts tuner, because unlike the Johnson unit, this KW-107 will ALSO tune the WARC bands and very possibly should also tune the new 60 Meter band.
Overall, it is a very nice tuner, but it does have a somewhat limited matching range, that may be sufficient for one's requirements most times.
It is basically a balanced output design that can be easily jumper-strapped on the rear panel for unbalanced usage such as single wire or coax feedline.
The KW-107 has a VERY balanced output that is superior to most "lumped" wire-over-core baluns, including those so-called ferrite core "current balun" designs when those designs are connected to the output of an unbalanced tuner.
I still possess it on the shelf for nostalgic reasons, it still looks nice and clean, with also a rugged good-looking exterior design, and is a true 300-watts rated tuner.
Someday, due to burgeoning limited shelving space I may be reluctantly selling it one of these days; I've been noticing that these tuners are snapped-up REAL fast on Ebay, if and when you can find one there! ---John, K8JS

DD3LY Rating: 5/5 May 22, 2003 02:53 Send this review to a friend
Buy it if you can get one!  Time owned: more than 12 months
The KW-107 is the big sister of the KW-E-ZEE with some additional functions like built in VSWR/power-meter, dummy load and antenna switch. I like these balanced tuners because they were ALWAYS able to match ANY balanced load I offered them. It was about the same with the unbalanced loads I connected although I had to add a sufficient counterpoise at low impedance loads but this is only due to the laws of physics. The efficiency seems to be in a quite good range. This tuner is relatively sturdy built and I will never give him away with one exception: I collect parts build one myself, with small vacuum capacitors and usable down to 160m.

VE3INA Rating: 5/5 Nov 4, 2002 17:42 Send this review to a friend
Excellent  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have had my KW107 for over 20 years, with a little lay off time of approx. 4 years. It is built like a tank, but performs like a brain surgeon. I have tuned various dipoles, trap dipoles, and used a half-wave 20 mtr. dipole on 15 mtrs, and 10 meters with it, and although you are sacrificing power output, you can still get out and get heard! I'm convinced that this thing would let you tune into an iron bedstead, it's so forgiving, and so rugged! I have never had any problems (overheating, or otherwise) even on slow, selective tune ups. A super unit, if you can come across one on ebay, or at any hamfest, grab it, they're tough.

VK2CJC Rating: 5/5 Mar 5, 2001 21:45 Send this review to a friend
a classic  Time owned: more than 12 months
classic quality that we'll never see again.
Operates superbly, I can tune a random wire in seconds, when my MFJ takes a bit of fiddling. Never gets hot.
Even after an international move when the movers treated it like a football and it arrived dented and twisted. Only one connection off, once resoldered it was back to perfect operation.
Shame it looks so dated and dwarfs my HF rig, but I'll never sell it.

VE7BGP Rating: 5/5 Mar 20, 2000 13:07 Send this review to a friend
Great Antenna Tuner Johnny Bull  Time owned: unknown months
Its too bad they don,t make these any more. These tuners were made in England and show the Classic
British workmanship and quality a lot of these tuners were sold in Canada in the 70's. I have had mine about 15 years now and have had no trouble at all just clean the switches once and awhile I live near the oceanand switches and controls need cleaning a lot. This tuner uses the classic Z-Match circuit. It has a built in dummy load, SWR and power meters and it is consertively rated at 300 watts good heavy duty switches, caps and coils. If you get a chance to pick up one of these tuners get one. Their style will match Classic Collins S line. I used to own a KW2000B transciever made by the same company I called it my British "Collins".