Reviews Categories | Antenna Tuners | RLM Broadband Antenna Matching Unit Help

Reviews Summary for RLM Broadband Antenna Matching Unit
RLM Broadband Antenna Matching Unit Reviews: 1 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $65
Description: Broadband HF antenna matching network
for emergency or permanent installations
More info: http://rlm-electronics.com/

You can write your own review of the RLM Broadband Antenna Matching Unit.

K0JKB Rating: 5/5 Nov 19, 2006 08:34 Send this review to a friend
Multiband Solution  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Being a new Ham, I knew I was going to be antenna challenged in a covenant restricted subdivision with a small back yard, especially for HF, when I first started to put my shack together. I've got a LDG-Z11 pro, a great little tuner, but I was making it work very hard to get SWR into acceptable limits for my radio with a variety of wire and short vertical configs. I then read about and studied the materials for the matching unit from RLM. It arrived very quickly from RLM and I waterproofed the unit as described by the company and installed it semi-permently in my back yard. The dimensions of the yard and the peak of roof provide an almost perfect match for the specifications as described for wire in the air and on the ground by the manufactuer. I ran the wire over the roof, along the fence, arround the yard and back to the unit. I am totally impressed, as immediately the Z-11 (I use the tuner and matching unit together) never again showed above a 1:1.5 SWR light, and I've been making some really great US contacts, and quite a variety of DX (including New Zealand, Africa, Australia, and Europe, etc.). I am relatively low power, usually 25 to 75 watts, and low profile - single 18 guage wire over a roof peak at 30'. I had a question, contacted the company and they quickly returned my inquiry, and answered my questions, and were very customer oriented. I plan on buying another RLM unit to work portable, as it is very easy to install, and I can use a single piece of wire to use on multiple bands when in the field. They currently have a kit version ($29), and one already built and ready to go ($65). I have no financial interest in this company and know no one associated with it, but I had looked on eHam several times and never seen a review and thought they (and) you, deserved one.