Reviews Categories | Electronic Component Suppliers | Futurlec Help

Reviews Summary for Futurlec
Reviews: 22 Average rating: 3.7/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: Parts supplier with very reasonable prices, good stock and low shipping cost.
More info: http://www.futurlec.com/index.shtml

You can write your own review of the Futurlec.

KC4URI Rating: 0/5 Mar 31, 2015 14:00 Send this review to a friend
Never Again  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Confirmation of the sale was same day. Then nothing, so after a month i contacted them. Took three days for them to respond "my order was back ordered because of the lack of one part". They would not and have not shipped the rest of the order. Two months is a long time to have to wait and they refuse to answer my emails. My emails have been professional and timely. No communications from their end.

AA8DT Rating: 1/5 Feb 19, 2014 16:40 Send this review to a friend
could have waited a week  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
but not a month.found the parts i need from mat electronics and had them in hand in 5 days. i tried to cancel the order from futurlec and will see how long that takes

N4ZAW Rating: 3/5 Feb 22, 2013 08:39 Send this review to a friend
Not "all that"  Time owned: more than 12 months
I do use Futerlec periodically, because of their prices, but have to make the observation that one month delivery time is not acceptable -- especially when they make the blanket-claim of "7-10 days". I like to be informed of the TRUTH. So if you DON'T KNOW? Say, "I don't know" for starters.
I use Mouser for 90% of my parts orders because they have it (usually), and even tho they're based on the other side of the country, they get it here in 7 days or less ALWAYS. If there is a problem, they call me.

I guess you get what you pay for, and if I can wait, Futurlec will get my future 'leftovers'.

WA8EBM Rating: 5/5 Feb 2, 2013 13:03 Send this review to a friend
Worth the Wait  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Placed an order for a load of small components to fill my parts bins. Ordered $58 worth and everything came perfectly packaged, labled and as represented. Had to be over a pound of tiny parts. Ordered on 1/5, email said it was shipped on 1/11 and would take 7-10 days. On 1/20 I checked USPS site with the shipping # they gave me and found it was processed through Singapore on the 19th. Arrived today, registered mail on 2/2. Nothing in tracking since Singapore. Can't beat the prices and the quality and sorting/labling is superb. Just be PATIENT.

KG6OMK Rating: 4/5 Feb 24, 2012 19:42 Send this review to a friend
Use Futurlec for parts bin stocking  Time owned: more than 12 months
This place has the best prices by far and a good enough selection to have 95% or what you need. However the parts ship from Asia and I'm pretty sure they wait 'till they have a pallet full to drop ship to a US post office. So it can take a month. It is best to use this company to back fill your parts stock. Think about the parts you use a lot of and order from these guys in bulk and you can save 80%. This is NOT the place to buy three or four parts you need quickly. Thisi s not a surplus store, it's all 100% new parts

KJ4I Rating: 5/5 Jun 23, 2011 18:53 Send this review to a friend
Great Company  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Order was placed on Saturday 6/11, dispatched 6/13 and arrived U.S. Mail on 6/23. It actually arrived faster than I had expected. I was in no hurry to receive these parts so I expected a longer than normal shipping time from the start. If your not in a hurry to get your parts then this is a great place to order from. Much cheaper than buying them at the local RS, if they even have them, especially when you need lots of them. Seems that they are shipped from China so that would explain the extra time. All of my parts arrived and seem to be of good quality. I will be placing another order with Futurlec soon. Prices are hard to beat.

WB0GAZ Rating: 5/5 May 31, 2011 15:17 Send this review to a friend
Very good result; have informed expectations  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
In my opinion a key to satisfaction with Futurlec is knowing what to expect before ordering (arising from their support/care operations and location/shipping). For this, the previous reviews on eham.net were invaluable (even though I didn't consult eham.net reviews until after I submitted my order!)

My order was initially submitted in early May 2011; I discovered an error on my part and asked them to cancel the order so I could re-submit. It took about three days for a response to arrive, but the order was shown as canceled.

I then re-submitted the order a few days later - it took about 3 days for the order to reflect shipped ("despatched") and 20 (calendar) days to arrive (using their basic/cheapest shipping option). The products (not normally available in US) arrived in excellent shape with quality packaging and professional documentation.

I'll certainly return to Futurlec again as a customer.

K1DA Rating: 5/5 Apr 23, 2011 14:48 Send this review to a friend
Good quality, good prices, consider whyere this stuff comes fro  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
They got me parts for a 15 year old Diawa supply that most outfits said were out of production. Exact replacements. I told them I would email when the parts arrived and they were happy for the feedback. No neeed to worry about knockoff parts with these guys.

K6LO Rating: 4/5 Apr 23, 2011 11:30 Send this review to a friend
Friendly reliable and slow  Time owned: more than 12 months
For many years I have ordered from Futurlec for personal item as well as using their PCB service for commercial prototypes. The parts service get stuff to California in about a week and i have never had a problem. The PCB service always eventually performs, but is slow, and it will take a couple of emails, and usually two to three weeks. It is almost charming, until you bump up against a deadline. I order early.

KT4WO Rating: 0/5 Apr 23, 2011 10:15 Send this review to a friend