Reviews Categories | Electronic Component Suppliers | Futurlec Help

Reviews Summary for Futurlec
Reviews: 22 Average rating: 3.7/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: Parts supplier with very reasonable prices, good stock and low shipping cost.
More info: http://www.futurlec.com/index.shtml

You can write your own review of the Futurlec.

N3OX Rating: 3/5 Apr 23, 2011 09:12 Send this review to a friend
Email necessary  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I had the same experience with backordered parts. After waiting a long time, I emailed, and got a prompt and polite response that some items (stepper motors) were backordered and they were holding the shipment. After cancelling the backordered items, the remainder shipped fairly quickly.

I wasn't in any hurry so it didn't bother me, but I would have to agree that you should follow up if you need something from them.

W0LWA Rating: 4/5 Apr 23, 2011 07:55 Send this review to a friend
Help on Ordering from Futurlec  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Futurlec is slow.
Hints:
1. If Tayda has it, order there.
2. Ten days into your order, check your order status. If it has not shipped, ask if there are parts missing. Futurlec will not tell you without asking (reason for negative reviews?).
3. Find exact $ value substitution parts and ask
Futurlec to substitute. Go back to 2 above.
4. Expect shipping to the US may take up to 4 weeks.
Now reread other reviews with this in mind.
My order took almost 60 days because it took 30
days to figure I should substitute. Futurlec told me the "backordered parts" might never arrive (only after I asked!). The parts are high quality.
K1TRB (formerly W0LWA)

W4DH Rating: 4/5 Feb 22, 2011 19:08 Send this review to a friend
Customer service did respond  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Re: Feb 20, 2011 post--I got an email which says they will send the correct part. Slow, but certainly a satisfactory response from their customer service.

AF4K Rating: 5/5 Jan 7, 2011 14:10 Send this review to a friend
Great service but be patient  Time owned: more than 12 months
Have bought from them several times. Never a problem, but customer service is not very responsive, and shipments take a while to arrive. Allow 2 - 3 weeks in most cases. They have never failed to deliver. "Patience - you can only get it by having to acquire it when you don't want to!"

K1VT Rating: 5/5 Jul 19, 2010 13:34 Send this review to a friend
Great prices, good quality, good selection, but be patient  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Based on some of the past reviews I was a bit apprehensive about placing an order. However, since I didn't need the parts quickly I was willing to accept the possible long turn-around time. My order arrived 5 weeks after online submission. All inquiries into the order status were answered within 24 hours. Orders take time to fill since Futurlec gathers the parts from a wide range of sources, mostly in Asia and Europe. All parts arrived in perfect condition, exactly as advertised, and neatly packaged and labled. Overall, I am quite please and plan to order again. Futurlec is an excellent source for stocking one's parts bins.

WD4MTW Rating: 5/5 Oct 1, 2009 14:21 Send this review to a friend
Bargin Prices, But Wait!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Great prices and selection. I'm refurbing some test equipment and needed some fractional 1% resistors. They had them at great prices along with a lot of parts that I needed and didn't need. There's a catch though, this isn't Digikey or Mouser and you're not going to see your parts for nearly a month. They don't make this very clear on their website and you get the impression the parts are in the states since they show a NY address. My orders have originated in Thailand and shipped from New Zealand.

To their credit, they do answer e-mails promptly in my experience and you probably couldn't find a better price on prime parts. They also don't hose you on handling and shipping which is about half that you'd pay elsewhere

I'm sure if this was understood and made clear on their website, they wouldn't have so many negative reviews on the web from impatient individuals or those that didn't realize where and how they ship.

If you need the parts yesterday, this isn't the place for you. If you're looking to build up stock with frequently used parts and can care less about the time it takes to get them, this place can make it worth your wait.

N6NKN Rating: 5/5 Mar 15, 2009 10:13 Send this review to a friend
Super Service  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've placed at least six orders in the last year. No problems with any of them. My "go to" place for parts.

Rick N6NKN

TANAKASAN Rating: 5/5 Mar 15, 2009 10:00 Send this review to a friend
No Problems Here Either  Time owned: more than 12 months
Ordered the parts on March 4th and they appeared on my doorstep March 13th. Because the tech support staff were so helpful my original order grew a bit.

I've been a customer for five years now.

Tanakasan

HA6SST Rating: 5/5 Aug 30, 2007 05:33 Send this review to a friend
No Problems  Time owned: more than 12 months
Never had any problems with them and I found both the sales and technical staff helpful.

VK4APN Rating: 4/5 Jun 11, 2007 18:35 Send this review to a friend
Excellent range of parts at good prices  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have purchased parts from Futurlec for over 3 Years without any problems. Recent orders have not been sent immediately as before. i.e. up to 7 days - however, given prices and post charges I can live with the delay. Their 12v PIC based voltmeter is sensational for the price.