Reviews Categories | Transceivers: VHF/UHF+ Amateur Hand-held | Icom IC-32AT Help

Reviews Summary for Icom IC-32AT
Icom IC-32AT Reviews: 12 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $Unknown
Description: 2 Meter/70 CM HT. 5.5 W on VHF/ 5.0 W on UHF with 1w low power on both bands. Will crossband UHF/VHF or VHF/UHF has CTCSS board built in.

You can write your own review of the Icom IC-32AT.

KQ6UP Rating: 5/5 Feb 13, 2007 14:27 Send this review to a friend
Great Brick  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I love this radio. It is built like a tank, and has some pretty awesome features for a radio of its age (cross band repeat / full duplex HT). I love ICOMs robust build quality.

Pros: Large size hard to drop/loose Incredible battery life with a re-built BP-8 (12hrs with long QSOs). Solid construction. Strong front end (decent image rejection). Great for working the LEOs. Loud audio.

Cons: Large size hard to find accessories for it. Squelch range not great enough (some strong static can still break in even with the squelch all of the way up).

KB1NDS Rating: 4/5 Dec 6, 2006 13:09 Send this review to a friend
good radio  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I have had this radio for about 4 months and it works really good. I am in an apartment so no outside antenna allowed. The unit does as well as my Yaesu FT 2800M on the same power on 2 meters and has the 70 CM option as well. I have used it at my son's house in Barre, VT to talk to a repeater on the Canaan Mountain site in New Hampshire. My mobile unit struggles to be able to do any better at his house (Icom 281H). My only complaint has been on trying to get a service manual for it. I am still trying.