Reviews Categories | QSL printers; callsign badge engravers; etc. | Vistaprint color postcard/QSL cards Help

Reviews Summary for Vistaprint color postcard/QSL cards
Vistaprint color postcard/QSL cards Reviews: 3 Average rating: 4.7/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: This is a postcard printing company. You supply both sides of the card in .jpg format and they print it. Very high quality and very low price. 1500 cards delivered for less than $96.00
More info: http://www.vistaprint.com

You can write your own review of the Vistaprint color postcard/QSL cards.

K1VCT Rating: 4/5 Dec 22, 2016 18:09 Send this review to a friend
VISTAPRINT rocks!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Great service.

But first the bad... (perhaps). They don't have dedicated layouts just waiting for your name and call sign.

Instead you get to design your own card, using their online tools, which allow image and text to be intermingled, with layers of text overlaying other text, or the image you added. That is to say, you can put an image on the card, put your call sign on the card in big letters, and over lay both of those with another line (or lines) of that text, like your city and state, motto, or what have you.

Ditto for the back, which can include images and text. For either front or back, you get to pick the font, color, boldness, size, etc.

They print in color or black and white. They have a "coated" 80lb stock as standard (good stuff).

And you get to pick several card sizes. I chose the 2nd smallest (which they call small). That was the 4x6 card size.

I also designed my own "front" and "back" as images with a photo editor, then just uploaded those images to VistaPrint. They give you a nice online proof.

Price for 250 4x6's, printed front and back, was right at $36.00 Better pricing is available in larger quantities. I ordered a 250 to see how the quality was, and its excellent. Zero issues.

When I run out (soon), they'll get an order for 1000 cards.

Another nice thing is FAST. I designed/ordered at 11pm on a Wednesday, the order showed as "in progress". By noon on Thursday it showed "shipped". Arrival by USPS in three days. You really can't beat that.

They deserve a "5" for the quality, but I'm giving them a "4" because they don't have QSL templates (yet).

K3LU Rating: 5/5 Dec 11, 2008 02:29 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding Price, Quality and artistic flexability.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Based on WN3R's review here I decided to give vistaprint a shot and boy was I ever pleased. They are not an amateur radio QSL print house but rather a printing company that offers a variety of printed products. Their postcards (QSLs) are not for everyone. There are no "amateur radio" QSL templates to add your call and address to and be done with it but you must design your QSL on both sides from top to bottom. This means you must know a little about photoshop or some other photo editing program in order to design your card and gives you total artistic freedom to do what you want. On the front I went with a full color photo I took while on the Chesapeake Bay and photoshoped my callsign and other info on the card. See here:

On the back I had to design the QSO grid, etc.

You upload the file to Vistaprint, pay and wait. My total price for 1500 full color photo QSLs was under $100 (they had a sale at the time and normal price would of been around $135 I think).

The downside... As mentioned in the review above the cards are not your typical 3 x 5 postcard but more of a Euro size QSL (5.47" x 4.21"). Regardless, I am very pleased with the card and would buy from them again.

WN3R Rating: 5/5 Dec 7, 2006 12:16 Send this review to a friend
Better/Cheaper  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
When looking for QSL card printers, I found the prices to be too high. I found this company where the quality was very very high and the prices so very low. I received 1500 cards for $95.56 delivered. I simply took a high quality photograph and added text to it in some clear space. For the info/address side I simply added text to a blank .jgp file in my photo program. These are full size post cards which means they are not as small as the 3.5 x 5.5 standard QSL card. This means your card will surely be the center of attention. To give you an indication of their quality, they want you to upload LARGE (> 5MB) files.