Reviews Categories | Keys & Paddles | Begali Sculpture Help

Reviews Summary for Begali Sculpture
Begali Sculpture Reviews: 82 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $550 + $26 s/h
Description: Stainless steel dual lever magnetic paddle using carbon fiber finger pieces, gold contacts, instrument grade racing bearings. The best of the best in a stunningly beautiful, virtually indestructible package
More info: http://www.i2rtf.com

You can write your own review of the Begali Sculpture.

N5XE Rating: 5/5 Jan 24, 2016 07:24 Send this review to a friend
Great paddle  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I have had my Sculpture for about 4 months now. I used a Bencher paddle for many years, so the first thing I had to do was get used to the finger piece spacing on the Begali. The spacing was just slightly wider than I was used to.

After getting my fingers adjusted to the Begali Sculpture, a sort of magical thing happened - hard to describe. The paddle seemed to become an extension of my fingers. The feel is natural and intuitive.

Construction of the key is top-notch, and the heavy base eliminates the key from moving on the desk top. I didnít adjust the key from its original settings, and it works great for me.

I replaced the plug on the wiring harness with a 1/4Ē phone plug to fit my homebrew key junction box. I could have just as easily used an adapter, but didnít have one available at the time.

I donít know how one could improve this paddle from what it is. If you want one of the best paddles made, this is it.

IW1DFU Rating: 5/5 Jul 11, 2015 03:54 Send this review to a friend
A dream  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
From 2005 till today I've made more or less 17000 QSO in CW. At the beginning I had a Bencher, not to bad to learn CW. Afrer some years I bought my first Begali, a signature, and I was surprised for the quality and the performance. My dream was to have a sculpture and so, for my birthday, I decided to bought the final key. I've made a phone call ad told to Bruna for 30 minutes... The I decided that this time I had to go directly to Brescia (abt 250km farm from me), to know I2RTF and Bruna, and to chose my Sculpture .
Pietro and his Doughter Bruna are special people, it was a big pleasure to know them, speaking with Pietro and to visit the factory.

The Sculpture is the state of art of paddle. Afrer few adjustments Pietro ask me to try the paddle: the spacing was at 0.001mm ... but no errors, no bounces... simply perfect!

No way, the sculpture is, in my opinion, like a Ferrari.

W6SDW Rating: 5/5 Mar 13, 2015 23:21 Send this review to a friend
Truly a Functional Work of Art.  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Picked up a Sculpture ( used ) last year as early Xmas present to myself - Compared it against my LE Graciella (#18 of 30) purchased in 2008. Quality has remained outstanding - From hands-on experience, stainless steel machining isn't easy. Piero has his machines dialed in perfectly. The Sculpture is a combination of Italian craftsmanship / functional art. For me, the tactical feel rivals the WBL v.22 which I've used for many years, but additional weight of the heavy base keeps the Sculpture rock steady on the op table. Yes, for many it would be considered pricey -but- it is a paddle that will outlast you, can be passed down. It IS worth the investment. In the end, you get what you pay for. If you are a serious CW op, go with quality - Begali Sculpture is quality. Bruna -n- Piero Begali are truly great people to deal with.
(Bruna - a Sculpture Mono is on the Xmas list for this year.)

KA1J Rating: 5/5 Jan 17, 2015 19:40 Send this review to a friend
Beautifully designed key  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
After several very nice emails & a brief conversation with Bruna who handles emails & phone calls, as well as several very helpful emails from various Begali users I'd contacted, I decided to buy a Sculpture. It arrived a few days ago and after a few minutes of adjusting it to my taste, I can say: This is one beautifully designed and constructed key; it is thoughtfully made and honors the excellent Begali reputation. I can not imagine a key being made to higher quality standards of construction.

As with any new key, the paddle contact is different than my past key of 30 years and I will have to get used to these paddles, but the feel of this key is magnificent and an absolute pleasure to send well with. It's amazing how much easier it is to send accurately by using this key. My old key is a very fine key but it now takes a place of honor on my library shelf; the Sculpture is the one connected to my K3.

Money well spent and I am most satisfied both with the fine pre-sales support and with the fine quality of conversation all around.

Everything delightful in every way.

Gary, KA1J

EI4KC Rating: 5/5 Mar 9, 2014 14:29 Send this review to a friend
Great key  Time owned: more than 12 months
Got my begali engraved in December 2010 . Service was excellent being able to track delivery every step of the way. I had originally used a kent key which is also a great key but the begali is just on another level. Have enjoyed using it immensely over the last few years.

G4IRN Rating: 5/5 Oct 11, 2013 05:01 Send this review to a friend
Simply The Best  Time owned: 3 to 6 months

I already own the Begali Traveler Light Key and a Schurr Profi 2. I much prefer the movement on the Begali to the Profi 2, however the Traveler isn't really heavy enough for home shack (but great for DXpeditioning).

The Sculpture was a birthday present and now takes pride of place on the operating desk. It's definitely heavy enough for some vigorous key slapping, feels good and looks great.

NY4Y Rating: 5/5 Sep 25, 2013 09:45 Send this review to a friend
A Perfect Machine  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I ordered the Begali Sculpture for my Fatherís 92nd birthday present. Ordering it was handled expertly by Bruna, a very delightful experience indeed. It shipped on a Wednesday, and arrived on a Friday to my home in California, that works out to about 125 Miles Per hour! I hand delivered it to my father, and had a chance to have a few chats with it on the air while visiting his QTH. MAN what a precision machine. Quality is beyond description, weight is such that thereís no chance of it sliding across the table.

All in all, it was a wonderful experience. I will now be saving my money for a Sculpture of my own! I canít say enough good about this product and the family that produced it.

Bob Smith, NY4Y

N7GR Rating: 5/5 Aug 9, 2013 20:23 Send this review to a friend
OMG -As my daughter would say...  Time owned: more than 12 months
Ordered these awhile ago. I was looking for some new desk candy to accompany my trusty Hensley Paddle. I have been using my Hensley daily for 15 years. I had heard and read a lot about the Begali keys and decided on ordering a Begali Sculpture. I am glad I did. What a smooth feel. You can feel the quality. I didn't think I would find a more beautiful key then my Hensley, but this one is close. Communication with the company was superb and it was everything I expected.a this thing makes hi speed cw seem easy. Great job Pietro.

N4GG Rating: 5/5 Dec 20, 2012 15:20 Send this review to a friend
Simply perfection  Time owned: more than 12 months
It's hard to put into words. The Sculpture is a work of art, both to look at and to operate. There are but a few things in life worth treating oneself to the best there is. For a Morse fan, this is the best there is. The Begali family are as warm and service oriented as their products are wonderful. A Begali paddle is a life's purchase. I will never sell mine, nothing better can come along.

W2TAC Rating: 5/5 Nov 12, 2012 12:31 Send this review to a friend
A True Work of Art!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I have one rig -- an Elecraft KX3 -- but three keys: a Vibroplex bug I purchased in 1974, the Begali Sculpture paddle and the Begali Blade straight key. I'm a happy ham!

I went with the plain (poor choice of words for this device) stainless Sculpture without the option to have my call sign etched on. I think it is a fabulous work of art as is. Just beautiful! Oh, yes... and it works like a the best of a fine Swiss watch. A precision instrument that I take great joy in using. After owning it for one month, I knew I had to order the Begali Blade for straight key events. They complement each other nicely on my desk -- the gorgeous stainless steel Sculpture and stunning gold-plated Blade. Unbelievable workmanship with flair to boot!!

You'll hear it over and over in the Begali reviews -- the Begali family customer service is unsurpassed. Multiple, courteous and friendly e-mails from Bruna from order through delivery; the packaging/"out-of-the-box" experience is exceptional.

My advice: splurge.... you will not be disappointed.

Bob