Reviews Categories | Keys & Paddles | Begali Sculpture Help

Reviews Summary for Begali Sculpture
Begali Sculpture Reviews: 78 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $550 + $26 s/h
Description: Stainless steel dual lever magnetic paddle using carbon fiber finger pieces, gold contacts, instrument grade racing bearings. The best of the best in a stunningly beautiful, virtually indestructible package
More info: http://www.i2rtf.com

You can write your own review of the Begali Sculpture.

EI4KC Rating: 5/5 Mar 9, 2014 14:29 Send this review to a friend
Great key  Time owned: more than 12 months
Got my begali engraved in December 2010 . Service was excellent being able to track delivery every step of the way. I had originally used a kent key which is also a great key but the begali is just on another level. Have enjoyed using it immensely over the last few years.

G4IRN Rating: 5/5 Oct 11, 2013 05:01 Send this review to a friend
Simply The Best  Time owned: 3 to 6 months

I already own the Begali Traveler Light Key and a Schurr Profi 2. I much prefer the movement on the Begali to the Profi 2, however the Traveler isn't really heavy enough for home shack (but great for DXpeditioning).

The Sculpture was a birthday present and now takes pride of place on the operating desk. It's definitely heavy enough for some vigorous key slapping, feels good and looks great.

NY4Y Rating: 5/5 Sep 25, 2013 09:45 Send this review to a friend
A Perfect Machine  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I ordered the Begali Sculpture for my Fatherís 92nd birthday present. Ordering it was handled expertly by Bruna, a very delightful experience indeed. It shipped on a Wednesday, and arrived on a Friday to my home in California, that works out to about 125 Miles Per hour! I hand delivered it to my father, and had a chance to have a few chats with it on the air while visiting his QTH. MAN what a precision machine. Quality is beyond description, weight is such that thereís no chance of it sliding across the table.

All in all, it was a wonderful experience. I will now be saving my money for a Sculpture of my own! I canít say enough good about this product and the family that produced it.

Bob Smith, NY4Y

N7GR Rating: 5/5 Aug 9, 2013 20:23 Send this review to a friend
OMG -As my daughter would say...  Time owned: more than 12 months
Ordered these awhile ago. I was looking for some new desk candy to accompany my trusty Hensley Paddle. I have been using my Hensley daily for 15 years. I had heard and read a lot about the Begali keys and decided on ordering a Begali Sculpture. I am glad I did. What a smooth feel. You can feel the quality. I didn't think I would find a more beautiful key then my Hensley, but this one is close. Communication with the company was superb and it was everything I expected.a this thing makes hi speed cw seem easy. Great job Pietro.

N4GG Rating: 5/5 Dec 20, 2012 15:20 Send this review to a friend
Simply perfection  Time owned: more than 12 months
It's hard to put into words. The Sculpture is a work of art, both to look at and to operate. There are but a few things in life worth treating oneself to the best there is. For a Morse fan, this is the best there is. The Begali family are as warm and service oriented as their products are wonderful. A Begali paddle is a life's purchase. I will never sell mine, nothing better can come along.

W2TAC Rating: 5/5 Nov 12, 2012 12:31 Send this review to a friend
A True Work of Art!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I have one rig -- an Elecraft KX3 -- but three keys: a Vibroplex bug I purchased in 1974, the Begali Sculpture paddle and the Begali Blade straight key. I'm a happy ham!

I went with the plain (poor choice of words for this device) stainless Sculpture without the option to have my call sign etched on. I think it is a fabulous work of art as is. Just beautiful! Oh, yes... and it works like a the best of a fine Swiss watch. A precision instrument that I take great joy in using. After owning it for one month, I knew I had to order the Begali Blade for straight key events. They complement each other nicely on my desk -- the gorgeous stainless steel Sculpture and stunning gold-plated Blade. Unbelievable workmanship with flair to boot!!

You'll hear it over and over in the Begali reviews -- the Begali family customer service is unsurpassed. Multiple, courteous and friendly e-mails from Bruna from order through delivery; the packaging/"out-of-the-box" experience is exceptional.

My advice: splurge.... you will not be disappointed.

Bob
W2TAC

NA6D Rating: 5/5 Nov 9, 2012 21:38 Send this review to a friend
It Doesn't Get Any Better Than This  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
My review of the Sculpture is definitely redundant, based on 8 pages of superlative reviews on eHam. That said, when you have a product that is simply on a higher plateau than what came before, it is worth noting and documenting. Having been a CW fiend since first licensed in 1960, I have used many, many keyers and am always looking for the ne plus ultra, the creme de la creme, the best of the best. Eureka! I have found it in the Sculpture. The entire process, from ordering to presentation, to production was an experience that I would classify as "maximum magnificent." The ordering process was as smooth as I have ever experienced in all my years.

As far as appearance, the keyer looks to be from the mind, heart and imagination of a true visionary artist, tempered by practical considerations. It can't just look great, it has to deliver at the "point of contact," pun intended. The person that designed it from an aesthetic standpoint hit a grand slam home run. It is almost as if they took the best of art deco, post modern and other artistic genres to create something that will morph, endure and appeal to many generations into the future. In effect, an ageless statement of beauty, class and functionality. I mean, what else sits stationary on your operating desk and still seems like it's going 100 mph? I looked at the superb machining with a magnifying glass on the stainless steel block and could find not one abnormality or artifact! Amazing.

How does it work? Flawlessly! After adjusting the spacing gaps, etc. to your tastes, it becomes an extension of your thoughts, translated by your fine motor skills and operating expertise. If you're not paying attention to what you are sending, it will perfectly send the result of your inattention! Smooth, responsive, agile are just a few of the adjectives that come to mind. If your operating involves some experience with decent iambic paddles, it is fairly easy. If you are heavy handed, then there will be a learning curve. Nonetheless, it will not move. It is heavy and solid. The differences between a brute force big block American muscle car and a finely tuned Ferrari are more than subtle.

This is more keyer than we are operators. The Sculpture absolutely oozes the pride in design and craftsmanship this family has put into the Sculpture.

It's relatively expensive, but if you are a true CW buff and love that mode, as do I, this is not about the price, but an investment in the smile it will put on your face.

G4HZV Rating: 5/5 Oct 6, 2012 06:22 Send this review to a friend
Perfect  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Beautifully made and a joy to use. Paddles don't get any better than this, although I'm sure Begali is working on it!

The combination of Bruna and DHL Express made the purchase a delight. Email from Bruna, then tracked the package to my door.

UR5LAM Rating: 5/5 May 11, 2012 14:04 Send this review to a friend
It's incredibly precise key!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I use this key for several months.
It's just a unique tool for the CW.
I am not a QRQ operator but send CW at 35 ... 40 wpm I can as easily as before only 25 wpm.
This is not only easy, it's very easy and pleasant.
The key have an excellent high-precision mechanics, gorgeous design, and gives me a unique experience.
Perhaps this is the best key which can be purchased.
Thank Begalli family for another great tool in my collection of CW-keys.
Small HD-Video:

N3ZJ Rating: 5/5 Mar 21, 2012 18:08 Send this review to a friend
An example of excellence  Time owned: 0 to 3 months

The Begali family does a wonderful job of providing a great product with superb service. The Sculpture is, in my view, the state of the art - and I have used many a key! It is quite remarkable to me that here, in the 21st century, such an item as a telegraph key could be such a vivid product! - yet here it is! And on top of that: a great manual, great support, kindness and courtesy. What more can you ask for?