Reviews Categories | Keys & Paddles | Begali Sculpture Help

Reviews Summary for Begali Sculpture
Begali Sculpture Reviews: 80 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $550 + $26 s/h
Description: Stainless steel dual lever magnetic paddle using carbon fiber finger pieces, gold contacts, instrument grade racing bearings. The best of the best in a stunningly beautiful, virtually indestructible package
More info: http://www.i2rtf.com

You can write your own review of the Begali Sculpture.

UR5LAM Rating: 5/5 May 11, 2012 14:04 Send this review to a friend
It's incredibly precise key!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I use this key for several months.
It's just a unique tool for the CW.
I am not a QRQ operator but send CW at 35 ... 40 wpm I can as easily as before only 25 wpm.
This is not only easy, it's very easy and pleasant.
The key have an excellent high-precision mechanics, gorgeous design, and gives me a unique experience.
Perhaps this is the best key which can be purchased.
Thank Begalli family for another great tool in my collection of CW-keys.
Small HD-Video:

N3ZJ Rating: 5/5 Mar 21, 2012 18:08 Send this review to a friend
An example of excellence  Time owned: 0 to 3 months

The Begali family does a wonderful job of providing a great product with superb service. The Sculpture is, in my view, the state of the art - and I have used many a key! It is quite remarkable to me that here, in the 21st century, such an item as a telegraph key could be such a vivid product! - yet here it is! And on top of that: a great manual, great support, kindness and courtesy. What more can you ask for?

EI4HQ Rating: 5/5 Mar 17, 2012 09:47 Send this review to a friend
Engineering meets Art  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
After much consideration of the options for a new key I asked my XYL to buy me a Begali Sculpture for my 40th birthday (my 21st birthday present from her was a Bencher paddle!). As it was a present for me it was my XYL that dealt with Piero whom she felt moved to comment was "very attentive and inordinately helpful" during the purchase process...

My Begali sculpture has had its baptism this past few days and all I can say is it is something quite special; where engineering meets art. A truly wonderful instrument clearly built with great care and dare I say love - it shows...

G4WLC Rating: 5/5 Mar 15, 2012 07:56 Send this review to a friend
Excellent  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Extremely well designed and machined. It has a very solid feel to it with a precise and light action. It was supplied with a high quality connection cable with 3.5mm stereo jack plugs on each end, a small piece of metal foil to serve as a 0.03mm feeler gauge, a polishing cloth embossed with the Begali name, a cloth carry bag, a simple dust cover, and a guarantee card signed by Piero.

Exemplary customer service. Key was promptly dispatched from Italy to UK and on my desk within two days.

4X1WQ Rating: 5/5 Dec 7, 2011 06:18 Send this review to a friend
incomparable !!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This was my actual mail sent to Begali Family.

Dear Mrs. Bruna,

So today I had a chance to open and to take a close look at the package with
the key you've sent to me. I must admit, that from the first look it was
very much clear how many attention and love you've invested in the details
to pack the key - it is simply admirable!!

In addition to it, the key is looking fabulous, not a single flow,
everything is perfect and looks a Master craftsman piece of art!! It took me
maybe 3 minutes at most to setup the key and start sending the code. The
feeling of the paddles is so smooth that I find myself very difficult to
describe it by words - I am simply speechless and never felt this way
working a key although I have more then 30 years of experience of working
CW.

I want to take the opportunity and to thank you and Piero for everything you
did to provide me with such a beautiful key, yours outstanding customers
service and professionalism which was demonstrated all way along starting
from my first letter of inquiry to you.

Thanks again my dear friends for what you are doing.

W6QR Rating: 5/5 Aug 24, 2011 09:53 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding key  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This is simply the best key I have ever used. The paddle motion is smooth as silk. The key is smaller than I imagined but is heavy enough to stay put on the operating table when used by this heavy fisted operator. The workmanship and finish (mine is black Titanium Nitride) are flawless. I appreciate the ability to adjust the paddle spacing. It only took a few minutes to perform the paddle and contact spacing adjustments and get on the air.
Begali was having problems with the Titanium Nitride coating process when I ordered my key. Bruna informed me immediately and kept in touch as they found and evaluated a new vendor for this process. This is my fourth Begali key and I canít speak highly enough of both the quality and customer service.
Bill, W6QR

LZ1BP Rating: 5/5 Jun 12, 2011 00:27 Send this review to a friend
Great!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Perfect!!!

73 Todor LZ1BP

N4EES Rating: 5/5 Nov 23, 2010 16:49 Send this review to a friend
Beauty in form and function  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
If you are, like me, a long time bug user, this key may take awhile to get used to. Like any paddle, it requires a bit more finesse and restraint than a bug. But once the "sweet spot" is found, and some practice time is under the belt, sending code becomes a zen-like experience.

The workmanship is remarkable...tiny ball bearings are held against the threads of the adjustment screws using spring pressure. This holds the adjustment settings without the need for lock nuts. Everything about this key exudes precision and quality. The stainless steel finish is uniquely beautiful...I ordered mine without the word Sculpture engraved across the turret. Bruna was happy to comply with my request. The personal, friendly attention during the ordering process was the icing on the cake.

No regrets. The Begali Sculpture is to paddles, what the Marconi PS213 is to the straight key....beauty in form and function.

DK2GZ Rating: 5/5 Jul 21, 2010 12:04 Send this review to a friend
Simply the best  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have several keys here: Vibroplex lambic deluxe, Schurr profi II and now the Begali Sculpture.
The Sculpture key has the finest adjustments of any key I used before. After playing several weeks with this gem, the Sculpture is simply the best.

Once in a lifetime every CW-OP need his Harley-Davidson.

F8WAK Rating: 5/5 May 9, 2010 23:50 Send this review to a friend
An additional aspect to our hobby.  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
It is a daunting aspect to attempt to write a review on the Begali Sculpture considering what has already been said, both about the key and the Begali family. To avoid my restating the obvious, please read the other reviews as the key is all that is written and more. It is the "more" that I would like to mention.

Opening a package is part of the fun. The Sculpture is carefully packed by hand with great care. It is a "serious" package. When I removed the key my wife suggested that when I was not using it I should leave it on the mantle above the fireplace. There is something about a finely crafted object that combines technology and form.

How does it perform? Read the reviews. Are my skills any better? After over fifty years as a radio amateur, probably not as there is still the problem of the interface between the chair and the key. But, the Sculpture has added more pleasure to the process and that alone is worth the price.