Reviews Categories | Keys & Paddles | Begali Sculpture Help

Reviews Summary for Begali Sculpture
Begali Sculpture Reviews: 83 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $550 + $26 s/h
Description: Stainless steel dual lever magnetic paddle using carbon fiber finger pieces, gold contacts, instrument grade racing bearings. The best of the best in a stunningly beautiful, virtually indestructible package
More info: http://www.i2rtf.com

You can write your own review of the Begali Sculpture.

N4GG Rating: 5/5 Dec 20, 2012 15:20 Send this review to a friend
Simply perfection  Time owned: more than 12 months
It's hard to put into words. The Sculpture is a work of art, both to look at and to operate. There are but a few things in life worth treating oneself to the best there is. For a Morse fan, this is the best there is. The Begali family are as warm and service oriented as their products are wonderful. A Begali paddle is a life's purchase. I will never sell mine, nothing better can come along.

W2TAC Rating: 5/5 Nov 12, 2012 12:31 Send this review to a friend
A True Work of Art!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I have one rig -- an Elecraft KX3 -- but three keys: a Vibroplex bug I purchased in 1974, the Begali Sculpture paddle and the Begali Blade straight key. I'm a happy ham!

I went with the plain (poor choice of words for this device) stainless Sculpture without the option to have my call sign etched on. I think it is a fabulous work of art as is. Just beautiful! Oh, yes... and it works like a the best of a fine Swiss watch. A precision instrument that I take great joy in using. After owning it for one month, I knew I had to order the Begali Blade for straight key events. They complement each other nicely on my desk -- the gorgeous stainless steel Sculpture and stunning gold-plated Blade. Unbelievable workmanship with flair to boot!!

You'll hear it over and over in the Begali reviews -- the Begali family customer service is unsurpassed. Multiple, courteous and friendly e-mails from Bruna from order through delivery; the packaging/"out-of-the-box" experience is exceptional.

My advice: splurge.... you will not be disappointed.

Bob
W2TAC

NA6D Rating: 5/5 Nov 9, 2012 21:38 Send this review to a friend
It Doesn't Get Any Better Than This  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
My review of the Sculpture is definitely redundant, based on 8 pages of superlative reviews on eHam. That said, when you have a product that is simply on a higher plateau than what came before, it is worth noting and documenting. Having been a CW fiend since first licensed in 1960, I have used many, many keyers and am always looking for the ne plus ultra, the creme de la creme, the best of the best. Eureka! I have found it in the Sculpture. The entire process, from ordering to presentation, to production was an experience that I would classify as "maximum magnificent." The ordering process was as smooth as I have ever experienced in all my years.

As far as appearance, the keyer looks to be from the mind, heart and imagination of a true visionary artist, tempered by practical considerations. It can't just look great, it has to deliver at the "point of contact," pun intended. The person that designed it from an aesthetic standpoint hit a grand slam home run. It is almost as if they took the best of art deco, post modern and other artistic genres to create something that will morph, endure and appeal to many generations into the future. In effect, an ageless statement of beauty, class and functionality. I mean, what else sits stationary on your operating desk and still seems like it's going 100 mph? I looked at the superb machining with a magnifying glass on the stainless steel block and could find not one abnormality or artifact! Amazing.

How does it work? Flawlessly! After adjusting the spacing gaps, etc. to your tastes, it becomes an extension of your thoughts, translated by your fine motor skills and operating expertise. If you're not paying attention to what you are sending, it will perfectly send the result of your inattention! Smooth, responsive, agile are just a few of the adjectives that come to mind. If your operating involves some experience with decent iambic paddles, it is fairly easy. If you are heavy handed, then there will be a learning curve. Nonetheless, it will not move. It is heavy and solid. The differences between a brute force big block American muscle car and a finely tuned Ferrari are more than subtle.

This is more keyer than we are operators. The Sculpture absolutely oozes the pride in design and craftsmanship this family has put into the Sculpture.

It's relatively expensive, but if you are a true CW buff and love that mode, as do I, this is not about the price, but an investment in the smile it will put on your face.

G4HZV Rating: 5/5 Oct 6, 2012 06:22 Send this review to a friend
Perfect  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Beautifully made and a joy to use. Paddles don't get any better than this, although I'm sure Begali is working on it!

The combination of Bruna and DHL Express made the purchase a delight. Email from Bruna, then tracked the package to my door.

UR5LAM Rating: 5/5 May 11, 2012 14:04 Send this review to a friend
It's incredibly precise key!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I use this key for several months.
It's just a unique tool for the CW.
I am not a QRQ operator but send CW at 35 ... 40 wpm I can as easily as before only 25 wpm.
This is not only easy, it's very easy and pleasant.
The key have an excellent high-precision mechanics, gorgeous design, and gives me a unique experience.
Perhaps this is the best key which can be purchased.
Thank Begalli family for another great tool in my collection of CW-keys.
Small HD-Video:

N3ZJ Rating: 5/5 Mar 21, 2012 18:08 Send this review to a friend
An example of excellence  Time owned: 0 to 3 months

The Begali family does a wonderful job of providing a great product with superb service. The Sculpture is, in my view, the state of the art - and I have used many a key! It is quite remarkable to me that here, in the 21st century, such an item as a telegraph key could be such a vivid product! - yet here it is! And on top of that: a great manual, great support, kindness and courtesy. What more can you ask for?

EI4HQ Rating: 5/5 Mar 17, 2012 09:47 Send this review to a friend
Engineering meets Art  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
After much consideration of the options for a new key I asked my XYL to buy me a Begali Sculpture for my 40th birthday (my 21st birthday present from her was a Bencher paddle!). As it was a present for me it was my XYL that dealt with Piero whom she felt moved to comment was "very attentive and inordinately helpful" during the purchase process...

My Begali sculpture has had its baptism this past few days and all I can say is it is something quite special; where engineering meets art. A truly wonderful instrument clearly built with great care and dare I say love - it shows...

G4WLC Rating: 5/5 Mar 15, 2012 07:56 Send this review to a friend
Excellent  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Extremely well designed and machined. It has a very solid feel to it with a precise and light action. It was supplied with a high quality connection cable with 3.5mm stereo jack plugs on each end, a small piece of metal foil to serve as a 0.03mm feeler gauge, a polishing cloth embossed with the Begali name, a cloth carry bag, a simple dust cover, and a guarantee card signed by Piero.

Exemplary customer service. Key was promptly dispatched from Italy to UK and on my desk within two days.

4X1WQ Rating: 5/5 Dec 7, 2011 06:18 Send this review to a friend
incomparable !!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This was my actual mail sent to Begali Family.

Dear Mrs. Bruna,

So today I had a chance to open and to take a close look at the package with
the key you've sent to me. I must admit, that from the first look it was
very much clear how many attention and love you've invested in the details
to pack the key - it is simply admirable!!

In addition to it, the key is looking fabulous, not a single flow,
everything is perfect and looks a Master craftsman piece of art!! It took me
maybe 3 minutes at most to setup the key and start sending the code. The
feeling of the paddles is so smooth that I find myself very difficult to
describe it by words - I am simply speechless and never felt this way
working a key although I have more then 30 years of experience of working
CW.

I want to take the opportunity and to thank you and Piero for everything you
did to provide me with such a beautiful key, yours outstanding customers
service and professionalism which was demonstrated all way along starting
from my first letter of inquiry to you.

Thanks again my dear friends for what you are doing.

W6QR Rating: 5/5 Aug 24, 2011 09:53 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding key  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This is simply the best key I have ever used. The paddle motion is smooth as silk. The key is smaller than I imagined but is heavy enough to stay put on the operating table when used by this heavy fisted operator. The workmanship and finish (mine is black Titanium Nitride) are flawless. I appreciate the ability to adjust the paddle spacing. It only took a few minutes to perform the paddle and contact spacing adjustments and get on the air.
Begali was having problems with the Titanium Nitride coating process when I ordered my key. Bruna informed me immediately and kept in touch as they found and evaluated a new vendor for this process. This is my fourth Begali key and I canít speak highly enough of both the quality and customer service.
Bill, W6QR