Reviews Categories | Keys & Paddles | Begali Sculpture Help

Reviews Summary for Begali Sculpture
Begali Sculpture Reviews: 78 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $550 + $26 s/h
Description: Stainless steel dual lever magnetic paddle using carbon fiber finger pieces, gold contacts, instrument grade racing bearings. The best of the best in a stunningly beautiful, virtually indestructible package
More info: http://www.i2rtf.com

You can write your own review of the Begali Sculpture.

KG4FMW Rating: 5/5 Nov 1, 2009 13:16 Send this review to a friend
Use in Iraq  Time owned: more than 12 months
Truly, I had to wait a longtime. At first it didnt make the round trip from Italy to the Us and the Iraq, That showed me the commitment of this family.

There was no quibbling - just "I'll send another". Which arrived a couple weeks later. Having only owned before what my father considers 'classic, worthy keys' before I was skeptical as to what I'd be playing with in the dusty lands the US military keeps sending me.

It has worked out wonderfully. So much so, I'll be ordering the traveler version for my next 'sabbatical' in the land of the afghans.

DJ4KW Rating: 5/5 Aug 28, 2009 13:59 Send this review to a friend
Begali Sculpture - my best paddle ever  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I am operating with electronic keyers for over 50 years. Iambic Keyers used were ETM, Vibroplex, Bencher, Schurr; each better than its predecessors so I thought now there is no more improvement possible. But my Sculpture (serial # 381) is again a big leap forward; it is preciser, easier to operate and at the same time heavier and more stable than every paddle I used before. I have put it 12 mm above the table because I like to key with my fingers at about the same hight as if I would use a pen. I would prefer to have my callsign engraved in the front of the turret. Many thanks for the excellent customer service, solid packing and quick shipping!

K6AER Rating: 5/5 Jun 15, 2009 14:20 Send this review to a friend
Metal Artwork Unsurpassed  Time owned: more than 12 months
I acquired my Bengali Sculpture last year at Dayton. Until that time I had a Bengali simplex key and thought it was as smooth as silk to use. I was yet to experience what the higher quality of a $500 key would feel like.

After using the Sculpture for the last year I am still amazed at the precession, craftsmanship and pure joy in feeling the light precise movement of the contacts and paddles. The machining on the Stainless block is unbelievable. Look at every edge and surface and you can not find an imperfection. The key is heavy and does not move…period. It stays planted like it is screwed to the table. The Kevlar paddles are so light you don’t know they are there. Just think with your fingers and the paddles make contact.

As many have said, the Bengali family are wonderful to meet and buy their products from. If you get to Dayton make sure you stop by and talk to Pietro. You will see the sparkle in his eyes when he talks about his keys. The man has a passion to produce the very best key.

There are very few moments when you can buy a precision instrument that will last a lifetime, Bengali keys are a true work of art.

W5QM Rating: 5/5 Jun 15, 2009 06:39 Send this review to a friend
No Regrets  Time owned: more than 12 months
My only regret was not ordering this key when it first came out. I had been lusting after a Graciella when I had the opportunity to use a Sculpture. Now I had to decide which one I wanted. I wouldn't have gone wrong with either key but I chose the Sculpture and haven't looked back. It is superb to my previous high end key. Pietro's works are fantastic. (Ive had a chance to use many different Begali key models.)His second greatest asset are his customers. Ask a Begali owner what he thinks and you will never hear a bad thing. The owners are Pietro's sales force as they rave about their keys. Finally, Begali is a pleasure to purchase from as customer service is great too. Bruna is fluent in English and responsive to any question. No regrets. Jim, W5QM

G0OTT Rating: 5/5 Jun 14, 2009 16:30 Send this review to a friend
wow  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Always lusted after one of these fine keys, I work with stainless steel so know how much effort goes into producing something so pleasing to the eye, yet so machanically precise!!
I have mine set with virually no gap and little resistance, wow so smooth, I just think and the code comes out its eerie.
I saw this advertised hardly used and at a nice price so had to have it.
No regrets so far, I only have an hour's operating but just know I'm going to enjoy operating this wonderfull key.
So fluid, just need some qrq qso's to break her in :)
Regards Darren

TERRY_PERRY_EX_W3VR Rating: 5/5 May 11, 2009 19:20 Send this review to a friend
Elegant work of art.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
My first Begali. A true work of art. Serial number 0382, with a signed certificate identifying the Sculpture by serial number with the owners name. What a nice personal touch from Begali, along with several QSL cards from the master craftsman himself.

What a wonderful precision instrument. All the adjustments are very linear. The Begali family offers outstanding service.

Truly a collectors piece.

W3VR

EI7BA Rating: 5/5 Apr 2, 2009 14:13 Send this review to a friend
Superlative  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I have a Signature edition, and a Traveller. I lusted after a Sculpture, but decided the price was beyond my resources. I got lucky... I saw one advertised secondhand, only a few months old. I bought it.."Oh joy, Oh rapture" I didn't think it was possible to find something better than my Signature Edition. I can really relax with this key, even at high speed.
I just sold the second best paddle in my shack...my Signature Edition.

MW0ZZD Rating: 5/5 Mar 3, 2009 07:20 Send this review to a friend
Perfection  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The Sculpture is my third Begali key.I also own a Camelback straight key and a Signature.The Sculpture which arrived two days ago is a gem!The lightest touch and silky smooth.Apart from this it is a thing of beauty,a workof art.Not cheap,but if you you enjoyusing a fine piece of engineerin,this is the paddle for you.It comes,well packed and is individually registerd to the owner.Mine is S/N 369 dated February 20th 2009.

W5WSF Rating: 5/5 Feb 3, 2009 14:58 Send this review to a friend
Total Excellence  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Have been active ham on CW for 56 years - used many brands and styles of keys, bugs, paddles -

This Begali key is truly marvelous - like a fine watch to use - and can be adjusted to any fist - the key is perfection -

Additionally, had my call sign engraved on the turret in the font and weight of my choice and the placement and engraving is perfect -

And what a pleasure to deal with Piero and his daughter Bruna - they aim to please and they do so -

N3ZJ Rating: 5/5 Feb 2, 2009 12:39 Send this review to a friend
Art and Machine Combined  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
My matte black Sculpture is a beautiful device and I think there should be one in the Museum of Modern Art in NYC! Very fine adjustments, perfect balance makes fast CW effortless. Also, the manner of presentation is equally fine: well packaged, all details cared for - and even the instruction booklet is beautiful! Highly recommended.