Reviews Categories | Third-party Equipment | Piexx TU-5px tone board for Kenwood TS-711A/TS-811A Help

Reviews Summary for Piexx TU-5px tone board for Kenwood TS-711A/TS-811A
Piexx TU-5px tone board for Kenwood TS-711A/TS-811A Reviews: 5 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $59.00
Description: Piexx TU-5px PL tone board to fit inside a Kenwood TS-711A or TS-811A just as the oiginal Kenwood TU-5 tone board did.
More info: http://www.piexx.com/

You can write your own review of the Piexx TU-5px tone board for Kenwood TS-711A/TS-811A.

KE0MS Rating: 5/5 Jul 11, 2015 12:58 Send this review to a friend
These things ROCK!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have purchased two radios needing a TU-5 sub-audible encoder over the years...

4 years ago, I purchased a Kenwood TS-711A that needed a board, and I just made another purchase, this time of the 711's twin sister, the TS-811A... it also needed a tone board... I guess I needed one because either the seller pulled it for separate sale to maximize his dollar return on the radio, or the previous owner only used the radio for weak-signal work (SSB/CW).

In any event, I believe in fully-outfitting my radios to full functionality (as best I can) when I buy them, even used. I have found in my 31 years as a ham, that if you buy a radio, you better buy all of the accessories to go with it while it's in-production, because you will NOT find them when you want to later on, after it's out-of-production... or you pay a King's ransom for them used.

PIEXX comes to the rescue! They have stepped up and made an EXACT clone of the TU-5 encoder as-new. They have saved the day!

If you have one of these radios, and want to use the FM function for anything other than simplex, then you need this. And, you can rest assured, they will work PERFECTLY. I could not be happier.

Thank you, PIEXX, for not leaving us buyers of used gear, long-out-of-production, high and dry. :)

N1CKX Rating: 5/5 Apr 7, 2011 18:04 Send this review to a friend
Great Product Great Service  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have the PIEXX TU-5 Tone boards in both my Kenwood TS-711 and TS-811 Radios.

I also have the PIEXX computer interface in my 751A as well as the PIEXX 751A Memory upgrade.

Every order placed arrived within 2 days. (I do live in NH near Chris)

Chris has proved to me to be VERY helpful and even had me bring in my Rig when I had a problem (Broken solder joint in the Radio, NOT his board).

Product and Service Flawless.

HIGHLY recommended.

KI5DX Rating: 5/5 Mar 15, 2008 18:22 Send this review to a friend
works great  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
plug and play...works good on my 711a

N1KON Rating: 5/5 Jan 3, 2007 13:56 Send this review to a friend
GREAT!!!!!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Due to this thread and another one on e-ham I found out about this unit for my 711A and yes just plug-n-play no problewms at all !!!
fast shipping from the company
thanks
Jerry
N1KON

KD0XX Rating: 5/5 Dec 8, 2006 03:57 Send this review to a friend
Excellent product and easy installation  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I just plugged it in where the original TU-5 board would go and it worked perfectly. Plug and Play operation and install. Excellent product!