Reviews Categories | Interfaces, Radio to computer, amp, rotor, coax switch, internet | RT Systems CT-29A and CT2-8A (for FT-60) Help

Reviews Summary for RT Systems CT-29A and CT2-8A (for FT-60)
Reviews: 2 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $CT-29A: $30.00, CT-28A: $10.00
Description: Computer-to-HT interface. The CT-29A is a serial level converter that terminates in a 3.5mm 3-conductor stereo-style plug. The CT-28A is a converter to the Yaesu 4-conductor plug.
More info: http://www.rtsystemsinc.com/yaesu_Template.cfm?yaesupage=ADMS1J&cfid=142745&cftoken=96734991

You can write your own review of the RT Systems CT-29A and CT2-8A (for FT-60).

K7TCE Rating: 5/5 Nov 5, 2007 11:45 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Serial Interface Cable  Time owned: more than 12 months
Here's an updated excerpt from my review of the ADMS-VX170 package:

The CT-29A serial cable, while not cheap, WORKS! I'm having very little luck finding a USB cable to replace it, and it may be that the voltages on some of the imported USB cables are low.

Using the RT Systems CT-29A and a CT-28A adapter I program my VX-150. Using the RT Systems CT-29A and a CT-28B adapter I program my VX-170. With the CT-29A cable and a homebrew 3.5MM to RJ-12 adapter I program my FT-1500M and FT-1802M.

I successfully used the CT-29A and CT-28A to program an Yaesu FT-60, and the CT-29A alone to program an Icom IC-V8000.

In addition, I've had varying levels of success using the CT-29A and Ham Radio Deluxe with several HF Rigs.

AE9K Rating: 5/5 Dec 9, 2006 18:20 Send this review to a friend
Very well built.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I am impressed. The CT-29A serial-to-TTL level converter is professionally built. The level conversion circuit is neatly hidden in the DB9 connector shell by using only surface-mount components.

The 3.5mm plug is molded on and both ends have molded strain reliefs. The CT-28A also has molded-on connectors with strain reliefs.

I use this cable with the G4HFQ software FTB60 and programming is very simple and intuitive.

Although I was skeptical about buying cables from RT Systems because their ADMS software hasn't received the best of reviews, I recommend these cables to anyone wanting to program their FT-60.