Reviews Categories | Transceivers: VHF/UHF+ Amateur Base/Mobile (non hand-held) | Alinco DR-MO6TH Help

Reviews Summary for Alinco DR-MO6TH
Alinco DR-MO6TH Reviews: 17 Average rating: 4.0/5 MSRP: $259.95
Description: 6M FM Transceiver
More info: http://www.alinco.com/usa.html

You can write your own review of the Alinco DR-MO6TH.

N7RFG Rating: 3/5 Dec 14, 2002 09:55 Send this review to a friend
Alinco is an Alinco!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I am actually surprised that nobody has complained about the crappy microphone…. Mine fell apart the first month! Despite that problem, what can you expect from Aklinco…. They have improved over the years. It’s not a bad radio if you have the mic replace before the warranty expires. Mine is the 20W version, yet it was dead on at 15w from the factory. A professional radio technician here in town was able to realign the radio to output a full 20w with very little effort. Simple! He said that it was set low. However, he also indicated that 20w was about max for the PA in this radio. So if you have your radio realigned, and drop your SWR’s you will notice a BIG difference in the transmit capability. Now I can hit distant repeaters where as before I could not. One aspect that I do like about the radio, is that it is very small. This makes it easy to carry in your car…… 100 memories…. All of my are used…. So far if you are planning on using it for DX …. Forget it….. not enough power…. If you are looking to get into 6 meters, look at purchasing something a little higher quality…. You will be better off in the long run… 73’s

K4CLH Rating: 5/5 Dec 13, 2002 01:18 Send this review to a friend
get your feet wet on 6meters  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I just purchased this little gem. I have ran 6meter mobile for many years and this will do a nice job for working most local repeaters or a little skip when conditions are right..
20watts, 2 minutes without even looking at the manual and I was programming repeaters into memory with the PL's and you are on the air!!!
It has a fairly decent noise blanker in it compaired to other rigs I have ran on 6. Good Buy!

KC2GOW Rating: 5/5 Aug 31, 2001 14:23 Send this review to a friend
6M Rocks  Time owned: more than 12 months
It is a great radio for 6meters. I have used it for years and have talked around the U.S. with 20Watts. It is a must buy.

KD7LFY Rating: 4/5 Jul 30, 2001 14:45 Send this review to a friend
Suprising (in a bad way)  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I suppose it isn't the radio's fault but NO ONE Operates 6 meter FM. At least in Tucson, AZ Thr Radio works well but that is lost in the few people who operate on 6 meters.

G8SBF Rating: 4/5 Mar 2, 2001 11:47 Send this review to a friend
Good overall  Time owned: more than 12 months
I guess I was surprised how poor 6m works even with a reasonable VHF oriented site unless you have a high gain antenna (beam). My V-2000 collinear when mated to the Alinco doesn't inspire me very much when I compare what I can do on 2 metres from here. This radio needs more power as 10W -15W isn't really enough.

The squelch isn't very good either as you need to keep it very very near the threshold to hear anything at all weak.

The Rx is excellent and Tx audio is also good.

The 'S' meter end stops even on slighty noisy signals so is of little use really.

The TX deviation is high and it was necessary to turn it down for UK 10KHz spacings. It works well on Rx between 40 and 60MHz which is handy too. If I had my chances again, I would have bought an all-mode transceiver for 6m. Apparently these sets are virtually given away second hand as resale value is very low over here.

KG6ANB Rating: 4/5 Feb 19, 2001 23:51 Send this review to a friend
alot of fun  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I purchased the dr-m06th as an inexpensive way to get on 6 meters. It is a good radio for the price but would be better if it had a noise blanker curcuit built in. in a vehicle it picks up alot of ignition and electrical noise. that is my only problem with it. it is easily modified for 40-60mhz transmitt, so please dont jam out your neighbors cordless telephones wich the radio can easily do. along with dial their number using the dtmf pad on the mic. so behave yourself with the rig!!!!

N7RFG Rating: 5/5 Sep 25, 2000 11:41 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Good Value  Time owned: more than 12 months
This radio may not be constructed like an ICOM, but Alinco has done a great job here. My radio puts out about 20 watts. It has 100 memory channels. I have not had any problems since I purchased the radio. This is a very small radio, which makes it nice for mounting. Also, you have expanded receive on the radio which can be changed by re-booting the radio. The radio has a tendency to over heat throughout long QSO's, so keep the unit well ventilated. I would recommend this radio to anyone. Excellent.