Reviews Categories | Feedlines (coax, ladder-line, etc.) | Ten Tec Acro-Bat Help

Reviews Summary for Ten Tec Acro-Bat
Ten Tec Acro-Bat Reviews: 12 Average rating: 3.0/5 MSRP: $9.95
Description: Dipole Center Insulator

You can write your own review of the Ten Tec Acro-Bat.

N4DEK Rating: 2/5 Dec 17, 2006 18:44 Send this review to a friend
Needs some work  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I agree 100% with the previous reviewer. I too bought one of these because it looked like a nice product but after having to re-hang my antenna a dozen times because of the legs pulling out from under the screws I trashed it and went to a budwig. Ten-Tec had a good idea here but they just need to refine it a little. I would not recommend this product at this time.

WA3NKO Rating: 0/5 Dec 17, 2006 18:17 Send this review to a friend
Basically junk  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I purchased this at the Ten Tec Hamfest after a discussion about whether or not this would work with 300 ohm ladder line. The examples they had at the counter were of 1 with coax and 1 with 450 ohm ladder line. The coax is close to the size of 300 ohm feedline and the sales associate assured me that this would work. Well, it is useless for 300 feedline as it will not center in the Acro-Bat nor is there any strain relief for the ladder line. So I ended up using it with 450 ohm ladder line. The product still has BIG problems as there is NO strain relief for the antenna elements either. I have had mine come down 2 times already (in 6 weeks). The first time I did not solder the elements to the feedline but simply used the screws to tighten things down. I did stiffen the cable with some solder first. Second time I soldered everything together and of course this failed also. NOT recommended. Now using a ladder loc.