Reviews Categories | Ham Shack Clocks | Yeasu QTR-24 Help

Reviews Summary for Yeasu QTR-24
Yeasu QTR-24 Reviews: 5 Average rating: 4.6/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: This hamclock made by Yeasu is a very good present for the shack.
More info: http://foxtango.org/QTR-24%20Page/QTR-24%20Page.htm

You can write your own review of the Yeasu QTR-24.

AD0HG Rating: 4/5 Apr 17, 2014 18:54 Send this review to a friend
Very nice clock   Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I found mine on that internet sales site. It was in almost new condition. It ran but the battery overheated and it died after about 2 days. Did some checking and found a great site tore it down fond the issue and now it runs like a champ. I probably overpaid for this one but it was worth it. Simple great documentation great addition to the shack.

AI4WM Rating: 4/5 Nov 6, 2011 05:30 Send this review to a friend
Nice Clocks  Time owned: more than 12 months
These are nice clocks and get harder to find every year. They are one of the handiest 24 hour world time clocks I've seen. Be careful when buying one many sold, on Ebay especially, do not have working 24 hour bands. In that case the clock must be repaired and the instructions are on FoxTango. Worst part of these is there is no off button to easily set co-ordinated time with WWV. The battery is not the quickest/easiest to snap back into place so it sometimes takes several tries. Also mine has about a 15 second run-down so stop must be anticipated. This is nice if all needs done is changing the battery -- no lost accuracy. These clocks stay quite accurate and have a sweep hand not the normal crappy step hand of a quartz battery movement. I have mine several years and rated it a 4 since I do not like the hassle to co-ordinate time every 6 months. Then if I left it on UTC no-worry.

N0AZZ Rating: 5/5 Jul 15, 2011 02:11 Send this review to a friend
More Collectable aeveryday  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
You do not find these in really good shape any more and when one comes up for sale if you want one jump on it. It will not last long I just bought another to replace one that I had given to a friend.

This one is in really nice shape and looks new but no box I bought it as soon as I saw it listed at the asking price no bickering as I usually do just paid the $100 and thought I was very lucky to come up with such a nice pice for my FT-101 Station.

WA3YUR Rating: 5/5 Jun 30, 2010 04:27 Send this review to a friend
Takes a licking ...But can we get some respect? YEASU?  Time owned: more than 12 months
Could we at least spell "YAESU" correctly. Ah, NO RESPECT. Have had this clock for decades, and it's really sharp looking, and the single C battery works very well. The available documentation on this clock is so good, you yourself can keep it going forever with some basic TLC and some slight tweaking every now and then; even practically rebuilding the thing is documented.

NC2F Rating: 5/5 Jul 1, 2009 07:30 Send this review to a friend
A must have for the Yaesu enthusiast  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Keeps great time (the most important factor here), very useful for glance reference of current world times, easy to read face, and perfect size for the ham shack desk or wall.

These aren't cheap because they are elusive to find in the used market, but if you can find one and have a Yaesu theme going, this is a must have. Most I have seen have been selling around $100+ in average used condition. I'd expect to pay much more for one in new condition with original box and papers.