Reviews Categories | Electronic Component Suppliers | Fair Radio Sales Help

Reviews Summary for Fair Radio Sales
Reviews: 9 Average rating: 4.3/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: Electronic Surplus Equipment and Parts Supplier for the past 59 years

You can write your own review of the Fair Radio Sales.

KF2ZO Rating: 5/5 Jul 16, 2016 17:29 Send this review to a friend
Honest company  Time owned: more than 12 months
I had been doing business with them since 1975, buying military radios pwr sply etc. Never had a problem. The latest buy was a swr, power meter, dummy load unit.Very good. Though I heard the ownership/management has changed lately, I find the customer treatment remains the same, nice and very fair.Thank you.
K0IVK Rating: 0/5 Jul 15, 2016 21:21 Send this review to a friend
Bad Experience  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Although the previous posts were mostly about positive experience with Fair Radio, my experience was negative. I landed on their site during a search for a transmitter to match with my 51S-1 receiver. I saw the 32S-3 and it said they were checked and working. I had to find a power supply because Fair radio didn't have any. By the time I bought a power supply, and it was shipped to me the return period of ten days was over, by only 3 or 4 days. When I hooked the transmitter up it immediately smoked. I contacted Fair Radio and they said they tested the radio, it must have been the power supply, no return. I sent the 32S-3 to K2LRC, when it arrived Peter emailed me to say the transmitter was not worth repair and offered to sell it for me for $150. The repair was a small item but He said the unit had been stored in a corrosive environment. Had the part not burned up He informed me I would have probably received a violation because there was a pot that was bad in the balanced modulator and I would have had 2 spurious spurs on my signal. So evidently the radio wasn't checked after all. As for the power supply, I am using it now, there was nothing wrong with it.I submit this review even though negative, because before I buy I want to know others experiences positive and negative.
KG5BV Rating: 5/5 May 24, 2015 18:33 Send this review to a friend
Good company  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Just bought some ceramic standoffs, expected them to be pretty nasty since they were manufactured decades ago. Surprise, they looked brand new! Have been ordering from Fair Radio for 35 years now and I plan to continue.
K4YAB Rating: 5/5 May 8, 2014 08:02 Send this review to a friend
Transformer info  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I purchased a Power Transformer at Fair Radio..I needed help in Identifying the windings.
The sales staff were very Friendly and Solved the problem and called me back in a mater of minutes.

I would recommend them to anyone.
ZL2BGZ Rating: 5/5 Sep 18, 2009 03:39 Send this review to a friend
Good Service.  Time owned: more than 12 months
Bought a backpack/cover for my GRC-9 which was advertised as worn with possible marks & tears & expected to recieve a cover as advertised, but instead recieved a brand new cover complete with U.S. Army catalogue identification tag attached.
Delivery time frame was excellent to New Zealand & packaging was very good also.
Would buy again from a supplier like Fair Radio who goes out of the way to please customers, particularly those furthest away. Most impressed!
KC5HMC Rating: 5/5 Dec 30, 2008 09:21 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding  Time owned: months
Fair Radio is one of the best in the business!! They have lots of hard to find parts such as the PL-177WA tube for my PRC-47. Very friendly service, fair prices and a catalog that you can keep looking through and never get tired of it.
Keep it up!!
VK3DWZ Rating: 4/5 Aug 16, 2008 04:37 Send this review to a friend
Good company to deal with  Time owned: months
I have owned an E.A.C. R-390A Communications Receiver for about 20 years, and Fair Radio Sales has always been there whenever anything has been needed for this radio: everything from valves to complete sub-assemblies. Late last year, I ordered on-line for the first time and the parcel arrived much more quickly than expected considering the Australian mail system. I only have one gripe: they don't seem to want to send me their catalog any more! The last one was included with my last order, even tho' I had requested it sometime previously.
K4FX Rating: 5/5 Mar 1, 2008 21:03 Send this review to a friend
Great Stuff  Time owned: more than 12 months
Been dealing with Fair Radio since I got my ticket in 1978, as the name implies, they are indeed fair, check 'em out, you will be glad you did!
W7CNK Rating: 5/5 Dec 19, 2006 06:43 Send this review to a friend
Great service  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I recently placed my first order with Fair Radio Sales. Within a little over a week I receive my order of surplus equipment, it was as I expected. Turning the unit on for the first time I found the final output tube was bad (note: hard to find and out of production). The next day I called Fair Radio and they instructed me to return the bad tube and they would replace it free of charge. The next day I return shipped the failed tube. Within 2 weeks I received and replacement tube, not a used surplus tube but a new one. Then today in the mail quite unacceptably I receive a credit for my return shipping cost. Now thatís a company we need to do business with. Unbelievable!!! Thank you Fair Radio Sales.