Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF: Vertical, Wire, Loop | Spi-RO LS 40K Dipole Help

Reviews Summary for Spi-RO LS 40K Dipole
Reviews: 2 Average rating: 4.5/5 MSRP: $$57.95
Description: Shortened 40-meter Dipole
More info: http://spiromfg.com/

You can write your own review of the Spi-RO LS 40K Dipole.

KG6POG Rating: 4/5 Mar 2, 2007 00:24 Send this review to a friend
Good limited Space Antenna  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I had a full length dipole for 40 meters up and it was working great but it was strung acrossed part of the neighbors back yard and they eventually sold their home and asked if I would take the dipole down. So I was was working a multi-band dipole with some success, but stations I could hear easily befor became a challange. So I thought I would give the LS-40K a try.
I found the antenna works pretty well, Its still not the same as a full size dipole, but it's small and for its size works pretty darn good.
I have my antenna configured as an inverted V at 35 feet to the center and it'centered about 7200.00 gives me 2.0.1 or better from 71.170 - 72.299.
It works slighty better than my Titan DX does on 40 meters, it will pick up weak stations that I can't hear on the Titan so I'll keep it up untill I can get another full size dipole up again.

K2TPZ Rating: 5/5 Dec 19, 2006 17:46 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Dipole  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Having successfully used the Spi-RO DS 42 multiband dipole at a previous residence, I decided to try the LS 40K at my new residence. I now live in a typical Baltimore Row House with a mini backyard. The LS 40K is only 38 feet long. It's a kit. It includes two coils, 40 feet of copper strand wire, a center connector, two end insulators and instructions.

I had the antenna put together in less than a half hour. It took longer to get it up. With the help of a friend, I hung it as an inverted vee, as my backyard is only 30 feet by 17 feet. Once up I turned on the rig and started making QSOs. It loaded less then 2:1 SWR on the entire 40 meter band without using my tuner. I loaded the antenna from 80 to ten, including all the WARC Bands, using my rigs internal tuner.

I'm again very pleased with a Spi-Ro Manufactured antenna. I previously had a shortened G5RV, also hung as an inverted vee. The LS 40K is doing a better job for me, of course much better on 40.