Reviews Categories | Power Supplies | Samlex SEC-1215A Help

Reviews Summary for Samlex SEC-1215A
Samlex SEC-1215A Reviews: 2 Average rating: 4.5/5 MSRP: $149.95
Description: Automatic Battery Charger/Power Supply
More info: http://www.samlexamerica.com/

You can write your own review of the Samlex SEC-1215A.

N5RNY Rating: 4/5 Jan 10, 2007 13:50 Send this review to a friend
noisy on HF  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
After more tests, I have discovered that this unit is quite noisy on HF, which might be curable with some ferrites, but still seems suitable for use on VHF and UHF.

N5RNY

N5RNY Rating: 5/5 Dec 27, 2006 16:52 Send this review to a friend
meets my needs  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Advertised as a 15 amp automatic battery charger, but also usable as a backup power supply/UPS when combined with a lead acid battery. I found this little gem on the samlex website and ordered it from HRO, got it for about $120. It has a switch that lets you set it for automatic 3 stage charging, or 2 stage, used for battery charging with a load attached, such as a repeater or VHF radio. Has an ammeter which gives you an idea of what the battery and load are pulling, and works on flooded, AGM, and gel batteries.

I'm in the process of building a new repeater/remote base, and wanted a power supply with backup battery capability. The repeater is operating perfectly on the bench at this time, but later, after the system is on-site, I will provide an update.

I may order another one of these for my home station!

N5RNY