Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF: Yagi, Quad, Rotary dipole, LPDA | Steppir Dipole Help

Reviews Summary for Steppir Dipole
Steppir Dipole Reviews: 2 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $$695 6-20m
Description: Steppir Dipole includes controller, element and 24 vdc switching power supply.
More info: http://www.steppir.com/

You can write your own review of the Steppir Dipole.

KA7NIQ Rating: 5/5 Oct 17, 2016 22:22 Send this review to a friend
Amazing Performance !  Time owned: more than 12 months
My amplifier burnt up a Cushcraft D4 10 - 40 meter trap dipole, so I sold both of them. I lucked into one of these that was used, and it has worked flawlessly for going on 5 years now. It does not work 40 like the Cushcraft D4 did, but I have an inverted V for that and 80 meters. But, from 20 up to 6 meters, it is an excellent antenna. It is mounted on a 10 ft mast 5 feet above my 40 ft Rohn 25 tower, with a 10 meter fiberglass vertical 5 ft on top of it. It has almost zero wind load, and with a small amplifier, I seldom call CQ more then a couple of times. It does have signal rejection off the ends of the dipole, and offers a near perfect SWR on all the bands it operates on. I might buy a second element from SteppIR to make it into a 2 element beam one day, just to keep up with my local Ham Friends. 2 of them have the 3 element SteppIR's, and one has the 4 element SteppIR.

Is the SteppIR dipole as good as a 3 or 4 element SteppIR ? Not in this lifetime, but I am very very competitive with Hex Beams, and small trapped Tri Banders. Yes, they have a slightly better signal then I do, but only about 1/2 of an S Unit.

W4KTX Rating: 5/5 Dec 29, 2006 10:57 Send this review to a friend
Excellent  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I bought this antenna because of the CC&R restrictions in my area. I needed to hide an antenna in a tree in the backyard, so I wanted a verticle but did not have room for radials, and mounting horizontally would allow it to be seen by those living around me. I mounted the dipole vertically witht he feedpoint at 25 ft., and could not be happier. It is great not needing a tuner for the antenna. Low SWR on all bands 6-20m. And in the vetical configuration, I get great DX. I can work everyone I hear. One of the best investments I could have made. Yes, a Steppir Yagi would be better, but for limited space areas, you can;t beat the steppir dipole.