Reviews Categories | Interfaces, Radio to computer, amp, rotor, coax switch, internet | Signal Link USB Computer-Radio Interface Help

Reviews Summary for Signal Link USB Computer-Radio Interface
Signal Link USB Computer-Radio Interface Reviews: 211 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $89
Description: The new SignaLinkTM USB combines the performance of our SL-1+ with a state of the art “built-in” low-noise USB Sound Card. This innovation delivers optimum performance while eliminating the need to attach to your computer's existing sound card. Convenient front panel controls and simplified installation make this one of the most user-friendly interfaces on the market.
More info: http://www.tigertronics.com/

You can write your own review of the Signal Link USB Computer-Radio Interface.

G3ZCH Rating: 5/5 May 8, 2014 09:31 Send this review to a friend
Great Interface  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Bought this as a replacement. Easy to install and had it on line and first QSO within ten minutes.

Noticed the noise level lower than my original interface on receive. Recommended for the price and ease of installation.

W1REJ Rating: 5/5 Feb 20, 2014 10:35 Send this review to a friend
Excellent, especially for the price  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I just received the Tigertronics Signalink USB and have it up and running. I am using this for PSK31 to start, with other modes to follow. After reviewing other interfaces, I chose this unit because the quality and price in concert with performance makes this little box a winner. I am using this with a Yaesu FT-857,and my PC operating system is Windows 8.1.The program that I am using is HRD ver. 5.24, with DM-780. I did have some confusion (on my part) with the install, mainly because I am new to Digital modes of communication, am new to Windows 8.1, and new to HRD/DM-780. However, Jason, from Tigertronics is EXCELLENT, he really is VERY knowledgeable, and he had be up and running in 10 minutes !!!

VK4RF Rating: 5/5 Feb 14, 2014 21:41 Send this review to a friend
Fantastic  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I have been running the several Signalink USBs here on three radios now for over 6months. I am on most bands from 160mtr to 23cm and all modes. My Signalink USBs have never let me down and today i broke another first for my station. I had my very first successful 2mtr JT65B qso using my modest station here. 1 x 14ele horizontal yagi and 80watts got. Jason at Tigertronics has always been a great pleasure to deal with and answers any questions promptly. I use them on all digital modes on every band and three different types of radios. I am also setting two up for complete portable feild work.

AD5HD Rating: 5/5 Nov 16, 2013 19:46 Send this review to a friend
Dwad easy to use  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Plug and play even with linux since most have FTDI drivers built-in. Not a single problem. Setup's as trivial as it gets, hard to go wrong. Documentation is adequate. Ordered from DXE with correct cable, about a hundred bucks for digital modes, what a deal. The front panel controls for TX and RX levels as well as T/R delay make use as easy as it gets.

W4DRH Rating: 5/5 Nov 7, 2013 22:10 Send this review to a friend
Great product  Time owned: more than 12 months
Have 3. Very well made and well thought out.

WD0FIA Rating: 5/5 Aug 29, 2013 00:02 Send this review to a friend
Excellent unit!  Time owned: more than 12 months
After looking at the 200+ reviews, there isn't much I can say that has not already been said!

I own 6 of the SignaLink USB units. At home I use them on my FT-450, TS-2000, and Icom 718. I have them on my mobiles in the Mustang, HHR, and Coachman. I have NO problem using them on PSK, Olivia or M110a. I love just listening to CW while using the SignaLink USB to improve my code!

I have the WB3REM ULI, BuxComm Rascal, MFJ-1278B/1270/1274/1275, and West Mountain Rigblaster(s), for comparison. The SignaLink USB stands out as easy to configure and adapt.

N8OX Rating: 5/5 Jul 16, 2013 12:34 Send this review to a friend
SignaLink USB   Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I and a co-worker ordered the SignaLink USB for our respective rigs. He had the Icom IC-706MkIIG and I had the Kenwood TS-450SAT, TM-241A, TM-261A, TM-281, and an Alinco DX-70. My co-worker is new to Ham radio and actually has no digital experience at all. We also ordered the Plug-n-Play modules (for me only the TS-450SAT / TM-241A). I put the module in his interface and he took it home to play. He had no real issues and was on the air pretty quickly. I, on the other hand, had issues that, with the assistance of Tech Support, were able to work through. I chose the 8-pin round mic cable because it would work with my Kenwood TS-450S and Alinco DX-70. They both used the same Plug-n-Play module too. I followed all the provided instructions but found I was getting no receive signal on the waterfall using the Kenwood. I actually tried three different computers and four different Kenwood radios. I had also ordered the cable for the modular mic and used the internal jumpers for the TM-261A and TM-281A. Still no receive signal indication. I went through the computer, FLDIGI, and SignaLink setup several times to make sure I wasn't doing something wrong. I found I could transmit using the SignaLink but to receive I had to change the configuration to use the computer's mic and put it near the radio's speaker. I did get the device to work with the Alinco DX-70. This told me it had to be something with the Kenwood setup. I looked closer at the Plug-n-Play module and noticed the jumper for the speaker was not across the two pins. I put the jumper in the proper place thinking this should do it because I should now get audio supplied to the SignaLink but it did not. I finally ended up calling Tech Support (difficult to get in touch with; only three days a week and limited hours). I told the representative everything I had done. He asked if I had verified the mic pin-out in the owner's manual. I told him I had not but their site indicated the jumper setting for my radio was as I had described. I checked the owner's manual and found "NC" (no connection) on pin 6 (SPKR for the Plug-n-Play module) of the mic. Tech Support asked me to remove the jumper and connect my radio audio output to the speaker jack on the rear of the SignaLink. That took care of the issue. The device now works as it should. Going back and looking at the instructions, there was a note to verify you actually have a speaker connection on the mic pin indicated. I actually read this every time I was going through the instructions but assumed my rig had it because it was specifically listed. I am still giving this a 5 rating because had I done due diligence in checking the pin-out, I not have had to call Tech Support and would've been on the air three days earlier. Technically I was on the air but it was a "rigged" method of operation. With over 42 years of electronics experience... who says you can't teach an old dog new tricks. Bottom line is, no matter what the instructions may say, verify everything is what it says it should be and expect the unexpected. I learned quite a bit doing all of this and I consider that to be tools I can put in my “tool kit of experience.” Next is to try getting the device to work with my VHF radios. I like the idea of the versatility and I'm glad that the Alinco and Kenwood setup ended up being exactly the same. I would recommend the SignaLink USB to anyone wanting to get into digital operations. Just read the instructions… Maybe a checklist to mark off each item as it is done would help. Just a thought.

KB1UJS Rating: 5/5 Jun 13, 2013 06:29 Send this review to a friend
Should have bought it first  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have been working PSK 31 for the last two years using an external USB sound card and an unisolated interface cable. The combination worked fine, but I did have trouble with getting the audio level from the computer to the radio adjusted. I finally broke down and bought the Signalink USB with the 13 pin Icom interface cable for my IC-718. It took me longer to install the jumpers in the Signalink than to get it configured with my radio and computer. Windows 7 automatically installed the drivers and after adjusting the audio levels according to Tigertronics' instructions I was getting clean copy in fldigi. The RX and TX adjustment knobs on the front of the unit are SO much easier to use than software sliders on the computer. This unit was well worth the money.

VA7ACG Rating: 5/5 May 31, 2013 22:59 Send this review to a friend
Super product  Time owned: more than 12 months
Took me a bit to set it up but it has been flawless ever since. Luv this device.

LICENSED1962 Rating: 5/5 May 2, 2013 02:39 Send this review to a friend
Others try to copy...  Time owned: more than 12 months
...but I stuck with the original and am 100% satisfied with the isolation and the form/function of this reasonably priced outboard USB audio card/interface.

I have used homebrew in the past, but having the only controls I need right there on the tidy box (big enough knobs) is wonderful.

For almost two years I have been using it with the (supplied) cable into a TS480SAT, Dell laptop and Toshiba netbook, Win7. It was EASY to set up. PLUG (including jumpers) and PLAY!