Reviews Categories | Interfaces, Radio to computer, amp, rotor, coax switch, internet | Signal Link USB Computer-Radio Interface Help

Reviews Summary for Signal Link USB Computer-Radio Interface
Signal Link USB Computer-Radio Interface Reviews: 252 Average rating: 4.8/5 MSRP: $89
Description: The new SignaLinkTM USB combines the performance of our SL-1+ with a state of the art “built-in” low-noise USB Sound Card. This innovation delivers optimum performance while eliminating the need to attach to your computer's existing sound card. Convenient front panel controls and simplified installation make this one of the most user-friendly interfaces on the market.
More info: http://www.tigertronics.com/

You can write your own review of the Signal Link USB Computer-Radio Interface.

NA7US Rating: 2/5 Jan 3, 2017 11:34 Send this review to a friend
Issues  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I had the Signalink up and running for awhile and then moved to a new machine with Windows 10...no luck even though I followed the instructions several times believing that it was just me missing something. The tried to go back to Windows 8 and still no luck, even tried Windows XP. Now when it was running, it was excellent but when I tried moving it to K2 with correct jumpers...no luck....tried going back to FT1000MP MKV and again no luck. I still believe there is something I am doing wrong but it would be nice if it was plug and play like other interfaces. I am going to call the company and see if they can help and then I will write another review if they are able to help.

AE9DX Rating: 5/5 Dec 11, 2016 11:53 Send this review to a friend
GREAT!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I replaced my Rigblaster Pro with one of these nice little boxes and love it! Much easier to use and I got rid of lots of cables, which is a big plus. The simple USB interface makes life much easier and the set-up is simple if you follow the manual instructions. It makes using the digital modes much easier and more enjoyable.

W5YZR Rating: 5/5 Apr 23, 2016 05:15 Send this review to a friend
Good easy to use sound card  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I put it in in a few minutes and I have had no trouble with it.It takes a little bit of tweaking to get it running perfectly. I like having the ability to turn the transmit, receive, delay knobs.Good support and online material.

NN2X Rating: 5/5 Apr 1, 2016 19:09 Send this review to a friend
Works great for me...  Time owned: more than 12 months
I use my LAB TOP, and PC computer, it works, and I have no issues...Easy, simple, and delivers.

My Transceiver is the Kenwood 590S,

N1OIE Rating: 4/5 Apr 1, 2016 17:40 Send this review to a friend
Changing my earlier review  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
So I ranted yesterday, and Jason from tech support called me. He was SUPER helpful, and spent near an hour helping me get the box running (it seems like there was a driver issue with OS, which led the computer to think there were two boxes hooked up) on my PC that I have for just a single business application. So, we (the Imperial) are transmitting, but getting no PSK31 ack. Could be b/c the bands sux today. I have confidence that we got it fixed, but caveat emptor: you may have a PITA trying to get this to work on a Mac. Btw, Cocoamodem leaves much to be desired compared to FLDIGI. Of course, the price is right (both are free), but the FLDIGI was easier to use in the intermittent times the box worked. If you hear a large howl coming from the West, that's because the Signalink is no longer work. I'll keep y'all posted, and note I'm an optimist.

N1KTJ Rating: 4/5 Mar 18, 2016 02:34 Send this review to a friend
works good - after fixes  Time owned: more than 12 months
Just needed to note that the signalink has an inherent chip flaw from the chip factory (not tigertronics) . Watch this video to understand what to do and how to fix it in Windows OS. The fix works fine.

KA1ILH Rating: 5/5 Dec 27, 2015 11:45 Send this review to a friend
Super interface  Time owned: more than 12 months
Had my units, notice I said units, for many years. The USB model solved all the problems that West Mountain had and more. Digi modes are fantastic, cw via sideband has no issues either but I like the filtering found in the radio via cw better than usb so I also run a WinKeyer for straight cw only.
No RF or interference issues what so ever! 2 qth's and mobile/field day uses and multiple radios.

KB9ZTF Rating: 5/5 Dec 12, 2015 18:42 Send this review to a friend
very well made   Time owned: 3 to 6 months
had this for some time now and it was very easy to set up for the ft817nd and works great with the rig using with the HRD software and works flawless would recommend to anyone who wants to do the digital modes

W4JBB Rating: 0/5 Aug 29, 2015 05:12 Send this review to a friend
Piece of Crap  Time owned: more than 12 months
I realize most reviews on eHam.net must be read with a grain of salt. Most reviews are, as this one will be, anecdotal at best. Most of us do not have test lab equipment with which to test the equipment we're reviewing and a lot of us like what we like or hate what we hate. However, if you do any research on the web regarding the SLUSB, you will understand why I will write this review.

The SLUSB has been in production for years. In that time, Tigertronics has not seen fit to incorporate the minimal fixes needed to make this a *great* interface.

The NF on this interface is abysmal. With the simple addition of a resistor, I reduced the NF by more than 30 dB on my SLUSB. When I did that, it was comparable to my Creative Labs EMU 0204. I also installed ferrite beads on the DC input to try and reduce some of the RFI.

There are other mods out there that I decided just weren't worth the effort on my part as I already had a fantastic interface in the EMU 0204. Better audio isolation transformers and some mods to the USB bus also help with noise issues in the SLUSB. Installing metal foil on the plastic faceplate and backplate also help.

These mods are not new. They've been around since at least the late 2000s. Why Tigertronics refuses to improve their interface is beyond me. Why would you spend the money on something like this is beyond me. For the same (or in most cases less) money, you can buy a very nice sound card that will detect signals well below the capabilities of a stock SLUSB.

I suggest reading the white papers by K9YC on sound card interfaces and make your own decision about what you'd rather have in the shack - convenience at the expense of a great interface or a great interface that might require a little leg work on your part to get the connections going.

WA5UP Rating: 5/5 Aug 18, 2015 20:58 Send this review to a friend
Great product  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've used several sound card interfaces over the years including homebrew, but this one is the best. Since it utilizes it's own sound card it frees up the internal card for normal operation. Also, having the level controls on the front of the box with knobs is great for fine adjustments as needed. I've used it with many rigs and it's super easy to change the cables / jumpers when you change rigs. Money well spent IMO.