Reviews Categories | Interfaces, Radio to computer, amp, rotor, coax switch, internet | Signal Link USB Computer-Radio Interface Help

Reviews Summary for Signal Link USB Computer-Radio Interface
Signal Link USB Computer-Radio Interface Reviews: 241 Average rating: 4.8/5 MSRP: $89
Description: The new SignaLinkTM USB combines the performance of our SL-1+ with a state of the art “built-in” low-noise USB Sound Card. This innovation delivers optimum performance while eliminating the need to attach to your computer's existing sound card. Convenient front panel controls and simplified installation make this one of the most user-friendly interfaces on the market.
More info: http://www.tigertronics.com/

You can write your own review of the Signal Link USB Computer-Radio Interface.

W8WDS Rating: 2/5 May 27, 2015 10:26 Send this review to a friend
If you want packet look elseware.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I purchased this without alot of research. To get into packet. The interface is nice and premade cables for radios is nice. And works well for PSK-31. Problem is the only packet software is AGW Packet Engine and the shareware versions requires you to set the Signalink as the default card and only passes about 50% of the packets it decodes to the terminal program. and Packet engine Pro is another 49.00 that's 150.00 to do packet I picked up a MFJ TNC for 40.00 works 300 times better and has mail, runs unattended.
Then there is the jumper block you have to disassemble the unit every-time you want to change radios.... In my opinion it easier to build a simple interface for each radio and use the PC's sound card and not waste money on this paper weight. Of course this is my opinion if it came with decent software that didn't cost extra it might be worth the cost....

KE5OO Rating: 5/5 Apr 24, 2015 06:27 Send this review to a friend
Great interface  Time owned: more than 12 months
Have used it many years now with perfect performance. Very easy setup. I have used it using several software packages. Am now using FLdigi with Yaesu FT450D. Highly recommend.

IU0CXU Rating: 5/5 Apr 13, 2015 12:59 Send this review to a friend
Recommended for all!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Excellent and intuitive interface I own the Signal USB Link from 1 year, used with a Icom 718 and a Icom 703 in PSK31 activities. Instructions and setup very simple and effective. Excellent assistance via e-mail, courtesy and availability. Works great.

W4JTB Rating: 5/5 Apr 12, 2015 15:08 Send this review to a friend
Working PSK31 in less than an hour  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
My experience with this interface was awesome. I was up and running PSK31 in less than an hour with my Yaesu FT-450D and fldigi.

Search the web for settings that work well for your rig, and then plug it in and go to work. It really is very easy to set up. Have fun!

W3WMU Rating: 5/5 Mar 29, 2015 19:39 Send this review to a friend
SIMPLE AND EASY  Time owned: more than 12 months
The Signalink USB has been great. It was simple and easy to setup. It is the only TNC I have and was so pleased with it that I bought another unit for a second station I am setting up. I have never tried other manufacturers TNCs but with my satisfaction with the Signalink USB I doubt I ever will need to.

VE2WTX Rating: 5/5 Feb 9, 2015 19:03 Send this review to a friend
Excellent  Time owned: more than 12 months
Wish i had bought this one the first time but you gotta learn ! it's been in regular use for three years now and works flawlessly,easy to use and the price is hard to beat in its category.
I recommend it.

KP4MLF Rating: 5/5 Jan 10, 2015 07:56 Send this review to a friend
This is a baby everyone needs  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I got mine after read very good reviews and now that im using it I understand. Is funny that 99% of the times when I make a PSK contact the person in the other side have a Signalink USB as well, that say something.

KB3ZNL Rating: 5/5 Dec 17, 2014 09:20 Send this review to a friend
WISH I'D BOUGHT THIS FIRST  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
My RigBlaster gave good service for a year and a half, but mysteriously quit. Think the internal soundcard failed. Got a Signalink for replacement -- wish I'd done that in the first place. Up and back on the air in 15 minutes.

KC8IMB Rating: 5/5 Dec 12, 2014 11:49 Send this review to a friend
Very usable!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I used to own a digital interface that cost 3x the amount this one does. Yep, it was fancy and had some nice bells and whistles. However when the audio chip in it fried, I was up the creek. Tried getting the chip itself but was met every time by the "US supplier" with a very nasty response. -Proprietary!- OK...

Enter the Signal Link USB. It does what I need it to at a fraction of the cost. We use it in a multi-x contesting environment and have NEVER had a problem with it. Works as advertised! The front panel controls work great. Minimal cables, minimal fuss, maximum operating. Wouldn't hesitate recommending this product to anyone.

N8AUC Rating: 5/5 Dec 3, 2014 07:59 Send this review to a friend
Delighted!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have had one of these for a few years now, and use it with my FT-857, FT-817, and Icom IC-207H. The same 6 pin mini-DIN cable works with all three radios. It works for PSK, RTTY, NBEMS, just about anything I've tried it with. Plug it into a USB port, set the levels, fire up the software of your choice, and you're ready to go.

When you move the unit from radio to another, I find that you do have to reset the audio levels. Be careful not to overdrive the radio though, or you'll end up with a dirty signal on the bands.

I think it's definitely worth the money. I'm delighted with mine.