Reviews Categories | Interfaces, Radio to computer, amp, rotor, coax switch, internet | Signal Link USB Computer-Radio Interface Help

Reviews Summary for Signal Link USB Computer-Radio Interface
Signal Link USB Computer-Radio Interface Reviews: 258 Average rating: 4.8/5 MSRP: $89
Description: The new SignaLinkTM USB combines the performance of our SL-1+ with a state of the art “built-in” low-noise USB Sound Card. This innovation delivers optimum performance while eliminating the need to attach to your computer's existing sound card. Convenient front panel controls and simplified installation make this one of the most user-friendly interfaces on the market.
More info: http://www.tigertronics.com/

You can write your own review of the Signal Link USB Computer-Radio Interface.

N5XTR Rating: 1/5 Sep 1, 2017 17:11 Send this review to a friend
Works well then fails.  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have had very good success with digital modes using a signalink USB. I purchased mine in 2008 about a month or so before QST's review of it. I used it with Yaesu FT-857d, FT-817nd, FT-847 and FT-450. In September 2011 the Signalink had an issue and killed the control board of my FT-450 (a $300 repair plus shipping both ways) also the Signalink would not transmit any audio to my other radios. Eventually I sent it back and paid for a new board ($80 with shipping both ways). August 2017 the Signalink faulted again. This time it has taken my HP Laptop (bad motherboard, replaced by HP), my FT-450 (will not power on and fans run on high, probably another bad control board) and the Signalink itself is stuck in transmit when power is applied. At first I thought maybe lightning, but all power(breaker panel) and antennas were disconnected. The Signalink is the common denominator and I will not purchase or even recommend anything else from Tigertronics. This product works well but can cost a lot in the long run.

VE3XDB Rating: 5/5 May 22, 2017 07:23 Send this review to a friend
Excellent and reliable  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've had this Signalink USB hooked up for 8 or 9 years now, using it with my Kenwood TS-570D/G and TS-440S/AT radios. Works well for both. I bought the headers when they came out a few years ago, which made it much easier to swap between radios.

The unit has been very reliable. It's a "set and forget" piece of gear. I use Debian Linux, and there is a warning on the website about using it with Linux. However, it was easy to set up and has worked well through several Debian upgrades.

Regards,

Doug VE3XDB

KC2JQA Rating: 5/5 Mar 21, 2017 13:36 Send this review to a friend
Works Great With Mac  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I purchased the Signalink USB about one month ago to use with an Elecraft KX3 and a desktop iMac. The Mac is running the current Sierra version of OSX.

The Signalink works great... my main operating modes are JT65 using WSJT-X and PSK31 using Flgigi. Setup was easy and there was no need to manually download any drivers.

Here's a tip if you will be using the Signalink USB with a KX3... order the Plug & Play jumper module. Not only is it easier than manually placing the jumper wires, it comes with a voltage blocking capacitor so you don't need to turn off the radio's microphone bias setting each time you switch between SSB and digital mode operations.

KE8EC Rating: 5/5 Mar 10, 2017 09:19 Send this review to a friend
Works Great!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
After checking out several interfaces for HF digital modes, I selected the Signal Link USB. Arrived well packaged and documented. Had it up and running in very little time. Had a bit of a problem with Windows 10 but that was my unfamiliarity with 10. I think this is a very good interface for the money.

AA4PB Rating: 5/5 Feb 18, 2017 17:41 Send this review to a friend
Win10 is OK  Time owned: more than 12 months
Had mine on a Win7 machine. When I upgraded to Win10 the SignaLink-USB kept right on working with no changes.

The noise issue some complain about comes from the computer via USB power. The amount of noise is dependent on your computer. Mine was low and the mod made no significant difference.

KB3MTV Rating: 5/5 Feb 17, 2017 21:52 Send this review to a friend
Perfect  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Currently using a windows 10 machine with an Icom 756 PRO-III and have absolutely no issues. Does everything I wanted it to and more. You will not be disappointed with this product.

NA7US Rating: 2/5 Jan 3, 2017 11:34 Send this review to a friend
Issues  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I had the Signalink up and running for awhile and then moved to a new machine with Windows 10...no luck even though I followed the instructions several times believing that it was just me missing something. The tried to go back to Windows 8 and still no luck, even tried Windows XP. Now when it was running, it was excellent but when I tried moving it to K2 with correct jumpers...no luck....tried going back to FT1000MP MKV and again no luck. I still believe there is something I am doing wrong but it would be nice if it was plug and play like other interfaces. I am going to call the company and see if they can help and then I will write another review if they are able to help.

AE9DX Rating: 5/5 Dec 11, 2016 11:53 Send this review to a friend
GREAT!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I replaced my Rigblaster Pro with one of these nice little boxes and love it! Much easier to use and I got rid of lots of cables, which is a big plus. The simple USB interface makes life much easier and the set-up is simple if you follow the manual instructions. It makes using the digital modes much easier and more enjoyable.

W5YZR Rating: 5/5 Apr 23, 2016 05:15 Send this review to a friend
Good easy to use sound card  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I put it in in a few minutes and I have had no trouble with it.It takes a little bit of tweaking to get it running perfectly. I like having the ability to turn the transmit, receive, delay knobs.Good support and online material.

NN2X Rating: 5/5 Apr 1, 2016 19:09 Send this review to a friend
Works great for me...  Time owned: more than 12 months
I use my LAB TOP, and PC computer, it works, and I have no issues...Easy, simple, and delivers.

My Transceiver is the Kenwood 590S,