Reviews Categories | Interfaces, Radio to computer, amp, rotor, coax switch, internet | Signal Link USB Computer-Radio Interface Help

Reviews Summary for Signal Link USB Computer-Radio Interface
Signal Link USB Computer-Radio Interface Reviews: 234 Average rating: 4.8/5 MSRP: $89
Description: The new SignaLinkTM USB combines the performance of our SL-1+ with a state of the art “built-in” low-noise USB Sound Card. This innovation delivers optimum performance while eliminating the need to attach to your computer's existing sound card. Convenient front panel controls and simplified installation make this one of the most user-friendly interfaces on the market.
More info: http://www.tigertronics.com/

You can write your own review of the Signal Link USB Computer-Radio Interface.

KB3ZNL Rating: 5/5 Dec 17, 2014 09:20 Send this review to a friend
WISH I'D BOUGHT THIS FIRST  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
My RigBlaster gave good service for a year and a half, but mysteriously quit. Think the internal soundcard failed. Got a Signalink for replacement -- wish I'd done that in the first place. Up and back on the air in 15 minutes.

KC8IMB Rating: 5/5 Dec 12, 2014 11:49 Send this review to a friend
Very usable!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I used to own a digital interface that cost 3x the amount this one does. Yep, it was fancy and had some nice bells and whistles. However when the audio chip in it fried, I was up the creek. Tried getting the chip itself but was met every time by the "US supplier" with a very nasty response. -Proprietary!- OK...

Enter the Signal Link USB. It does what I need it to at a fraction of the cost. We use it in a multi-x contesting environment and have NEVER had a problem with it. Works as advertised! The front panel controls work great. Minimal cables, minimal fuss, maximum operating. Wouldn't hesitate recommending this product to anyone.

N8AUC Rating: 5/5 Dec 3, 2014 07:59 Send this review to a friend
Delighted!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have had one of these for a few years now, and use it with my FT-857, FT-817, and Icom IC-207H. The same 6 pin mini-DIN cable works with all three radios. It works for PSK, RTTY, NBEMS, just about anything I've tried it with. Plug it into a USB port, set the levels, fire up the software of your choice, and you're ready to go.

When you move the unit from radio to another, I find that you do have to reset the audio levels. Be careful not to overdrive the radio though, or you'll end up with a dirty signal on the bands.

I think it's definitely worth the money. I'm delighted with mine.

NN2X Rating: 5/5 Dec 2, 2014 19:27 Send this review to a friend
Great / simple set up  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Works for me. Very simple to set up. Flawless. I use this with MixW software and I have the Kenwood 590s. Works great!

N7ZM Rating: 5/5 Nov 20, 2014 18:22 Send this review to a friend
Works great now for years and years  Time owned: more than 12 months
Contrary to the previous reviews who most likely did not set it up correctly, this is a great and easy interface. If one has troubles go into your device manager and make sure its sound card is setup for a USB Codec application and not to your motherboard soundcard. Its all a matter of correctly setting it up. I have many ham friends that use this device and love it.

N0FPE Rating: 5/5 Nov 20, 2014 18:16 Send this review to a friend
works fine  Time owned: more than 12 months
works and decodes just fine for me using FLdigi and my Icom 756proII. also worked just fine on my TS-2000X. The decode is clean and smooth..never a problem at all.

AI5RB Rating: 5/5 Nov 20, 2014 17:42 Send this review to a friend
Works Perfectly!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have used the USB SignaLink with my KX3 for over a year and have had no problems at all. The device is small and compact, and USB powered. Connecting via USB is so much easier and cleaner than using the PC sound card and component cables (as needed with my previous SL-1+). The TX and RX levels must be adjusted properly, but it is not difficult at all. I just switch my PC default sound playback device to "USB Audio Codec" (the SignaLink sound card) and off I go. I highly recommend it! 73

KB4VVE Rating: 2/5 Nov 20, 2014 17:39 Send this review to a friend
Barely useable  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Unit showed considerable 2nd and 3rd harmonic at all receive levels generated in its sound card. Sound card on my cheap-O ACER is far superior.
Xmit VOX switching could benfit from RTS detection. My one transistor interface works fine off of the Staple USB to RS-232 interface.
Xmit audio appears dirty, too.
Not worth the money.

Greg

VE4EAR Rating: 5/5 Nov 20, 2014 15:14 Send this review to a friend
Workd FB   Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Took this device along aon a recent DXpedition to Timor Leste (4W). I was a little nervois as I purchased this without having access to the radio I would be using on the other side of the world.

In short interfacing was a breeze. before arriving I had configured the device for the TS480 and upon arrival, it was simply a matter of plug and play. Using AFSK, the levels were quick and easy to set.

This unit handled the huge pileups like a champ. Decodes were quick and accurate despite signals ranging from near esp level to well over S9.

The unit is small, easy to interface and works as described. A great accessory for a dxpedition as it travels so well. No hesitation in recommending it.

AA4PB Rating: 5/5 Nov 20, 2014 14:51 Send this review to a friend
Easy to use  Time owned: more than 12 months
The SignaLink-USB is not supposed to decode anything. It's a sound card that does D/A and A/D conversions, just like the sound card in your computer. The software program (MixW, DigiPan, etc) does all the decoding and encoding. My SignaLink-USB has been working fine for several years. I've used it on XP and Win7 and a couple of different transceivers - never a problem. Note that the SignaLink-USB must be connected to the computer USB port before starting the software program or the software will default to the computer sound card.