Reviews Categories | Transceivers: HF Amateur HF+6M+VHF+UHF models - not QRP <5W | Kenwood TS-2000 LE Help

Reviews Summary for Kenwood TS-2000 LE
Kenwood TS-2000 LE Reviews: 11 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $$2070.00
Description: HF+VHF+UHF transceiver,100W on HF and 6M,100W on 2M and 50W on 70 cms in all modes,dual conversion,black case and front panel,comes now with the digital recorder and audio sintetyzer builtin.Kenwood built only 300 of these.

You can write your own review of the Kenwood TS-2000 LE.

ON4XA Rating: 5/5 Mar 17, 2016 02:13 Send this review to a friend
Super great  Time owned: more than 12 months
After 6 years my 2nd review is the same. The "LE" is the must. I am so happy as the 1st day. Great value, Top quality, reasonable price.

VU3MES Rating: 5/5 Jan 30, 2013 03:44 Send this review to a friend
Black Beauty  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Hello Friends

At last I could own a Kenwood TS200LE, serial no.183/300. This is the US version and I must say that the previous owner has really taken care of this rig in the past. Looks and performs like a new set, wonderful reception even in the present day poor propagation conditions and the benchmark kenwood tx audio to follow suit. The digital voice recorder is a great boon while calling cq on hf where you can set the interval time for repeating the message, all it needs is to press the ptt to be on air. Now I don't need three different radios in the shack for vhf/uhf and satalite work. This black box has everything that I need and will stay in my shack for long. 73s de vu3mes Satyan

GI0ZGB Rating: 5/5 Sep 19, 2012 14:47 Send this review to a friend
Black Beauty  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This is the third TS-2000 Ive owned but the first Limited Edition.
Cosmetically more attractive than the original version but with identical performance.
The second TS-2000 I owned suffered the infamous gooey filter problem after a few years.
I repaired this myself and the gambler who bought it from me tells me it's still working fine.
Yaesu had similar failures in a couple of their rigs attributed to a faulty batch of the culprit filters.
I updated the firmware to version 1.10 recently and later installed the N3GX Gold DSP Modifier update which
gives improved fidelity to the transmitted audio. Having run it past a few discerning ears it received the thumbs up
even with the standard mic. Certainly not TS-950SDX or SDR standards, but a noticible improvment tx audio quality IMHO!
Having this rig brought home what a useful workhorse it is, the rx performance is not in the same class as the TS-590S
nor could it reasonably be expected to, but it delivers better than adequate performance from HF through UHF.
I have found VHF/UHF rx performance to be on par with the TM-D710 and Yaesu FTM-350R/E, no low sensitivity here.
The ATU is a bit linited in range but works well, here I find the SGC MAC-200 works well for larger mismatches.
The most endearing feature for me is the Limitid Edition 60th Anniversary tag, which makes it a special transceiver
very sought after and collectible, without doubt a keeper.

K6JPA Rating: 5/5 Oct 18, 2011 20:35 Send this review to a friend
Nice Multiband Rig  Time owned: more than 12 months
I use mine as a back-up HF rig, with it's primary purpose being my "other than HF" unit for those times I want 2M or 440 coverage. Not that I need it where I live, but I like that it's rated for 100 watts on 2M SSB if I "did" need it, and 50 watts on 440.

So far, I have not had any issues with mine (although it doesn't get a lot of work due to not being my primary HF rig). Much nicer in appearance than the standard gray version. I use it with a Heil PR-40 mic. Since it's an LE version, it came standard with the voice synthesizer and digital record unit installed.

All around, nice TX and RX on all bands rated for, and I am glad I purchased it.

ZS5J Rating: 5/5 Sep 20, 2011 23:08 Send this review to a friend
Excellent  Time owned: more than 12 months
I didn't know that there was a category specifically for the Limited Edition version of the TS-2000.....so let me give a quick review.

I bought my LE a few years ago new - LE number 277 of 300. It is a fantastic rig, and I will probably never sell it. I have new Flex radio's now, which get used most of the time, but the TS-2000 LE is still a very handy rig to have. It gives excellent audio on both RX and TX, and just simply gets the job done easily and effectively. It really is a shack in the box - ideal for someone that does not have the room for multiple rigs.

John, ZS5J

OE1TRB Rating: 5/5 Sep 20, 2011 13:16 Send this review to a friend
great rig  Time owned: more than 12 months
I got a LE version , and I am absolutly happy with it ! Not the latest firmware but I must say this transceiver Is small size und performs top ! The real final ts2000 , i installed the backlight LEDs which Is a nice upgrade for the future. Fits good To My Icom rigs ! 73

K4PDQ Rating: 5/5 Aug 27, 2009 15:49 Send this review to a friend
One nice rig  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I have had a couple of the standard TS-2000 since 2005. I have a really good friend that bought a new LE version from HRO. I had been admiring his "black" version for a few months and he graciously offered his LE for one of my standard TS-2000 (He has other radios including a 756 Pro III and Flex 5000). Well I really like the LE. When you look at all the 2000 will do and consider that it does most of these features very well, it is hard to find much fault with this rig in this price class. The LE just looks good sitting next to my other black equipment. I also like the DVR feature for required IDs. I don't have any plans to ever get rid of this LE and it will be my main rig for life. The TS-2000 is a solid performer and this LE "black" version is just icing on the cake.

N9LBW Rating: 5/5 Aug 27, 2009 04:13 Send this review to a friend
Solid Radio  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I recently purchased a used Kenwood TS-2000LE and it works very good like my other TS-2000. It does everything very good and it's transmit audio is excellent. If I could only have one radio the TS-2000 would be the one because of it's versatility. It was not desisigned to be a Contester's or DXer's radio although it would have acceptable performance. I also have Elecraft K3, Yaesu FT-2000D and Ten Tec ORION II, so I am able to do comparisons.

AE5EH Rating: 4/5 Aug 30, 2008 08:36 Send this review to a friend
Nice, simple, does the job.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Never had a Kenwood radio of any kind. Have been curious about the TS2000 for a while, so I bought a used TS2000LE. I like the xmit and rcv audio. These were the strong points of the radio for me, and the reason I bought it. 100 watts on 2m SSB was the other reason I wanted it. It's easy enough to program. The build quality is very good. Nice, heavy chassis, solid knobs & switches. I like the black finish. Computer control functionality is nice. For an all mode, multiband xcvr with 100W on HF & VHF, this is a decent radio. I wish the DSP was better, but it was probably good for the time it was released.

I believe this would be a fine starter radio for someone wanting an all mode, multiband radio, and it will also make a nice general purpose back up radio as well.

All in all nice package.

I think its interesting the change of comments from some of the original reviews made on this radio. But, that's to be expected since other products of similar, but improved functionality have been released.

I like your TS2000 Kenwood. I wish you would come up with some new models though in this product line. I'm thinking others would too. But, its a nice solid radio.

Terry-AE5EH

IW9CTR Rating: 5/5 Jul 28, 2007 03:50 Send this review to a friend
great  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Great and complete station, I have excellent modulation with mc-90 kenwood micro.
ts-2000le and mc-90....the best modulation with dsp_modifier.