Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF Verticals and Wire | DX Engineering DXE-40VA-1 Vertical Help

Reviews Summary for DX Engineering DXE-40VA-1 Vertical
DX Engineering DXE-40VA-1 Vertical Reviews: 1 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $$199.00
Description: The DX Engineering 40VA-1 is a high-performance, self-supporting vertical antenna system that operates over the entire 40 meter band with an SWR of less than 1.5:1, yet is less than 24 feet high. It can be easily configured to operate on the 30 meter band, with an equally low SWR, by a simply removing the capacity hat. This vertical uses no coils or linear loading elements to rob power. Designed with 6063 corrosion-resistant aluminum tubing and stainless steel hardware, this antenna is very durable and attractive.
More info: http://www.dxengineering.com/parts/dxe-40va-1

You can write your own review of the DX Engineering DXE-40VA-1 Vertical.

KY6R Rating: 5/5 Jan 5, 2007 10:14 Send this review to a friend
Fantastic  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I wanted a very robust self supporting pair of verticals for 40M - that I will phase with a Comtek Systems PVS-2. DX Engineering had exactly what I wanted, and at what I think is a very fair price. You should see the triple walled bottom tube, and all of their options for mounting and attaching radials. The capacity hat is also just the cats meow. I can compare this vertical with previous verticals that I really liked - the SteppIR BigIR and the Cushcraft MA8040V, and I must admit - for a 2 element monoband phased vertical array, DX Engineering has a real winner here. I am surprised they seem to be such a well kept secret.

Like Ten Tec, SteppIR, Comtek Systems and Palstar, DX Engineering is one of those US companies that make very high quality products and have superb sales and technical support.