Reviews Categories | Keys & Paddles | GHD GN407 Single Lever Paddle Help

Reviews Summary for GHD GN407 Single Lever Paddle
GHD GN407 Single Lever Paddle Reviews: 10 Average rating: 4.6/5 MSRP: $210 to 290
Description: Single paddle with mechanical contacts using oil bearing or ball bearing movements depending on model. Choice of chrome or powder coat black base depending on model. 3-1/4 x 5 x 2-1/2. 2 lb 11 oz
More info: http://www.mtechnologies.com

You can write your own review of the GHD GN407 Single Lever Paddle.

N7KFD Rating: 5/5 Apr 2, 2017 19:30 Send this review to a friend
Beautiful  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have the chrome version of this key and not only is it beautiful to look at it's awesome to operate. Adjustment is easy and it's an absolute dream to use. I use an old Vibroplex Vibrokeyer for portable use and a comparison would be a Chevy (Vibroplex) to a Jaguar (GHD). I haven't owned a lot of keys but this one is by far the nicest I've used. I can't think of a bad thing to say about it, it's just beatuiful!

K6LQ Rating: 5/5 Nov 10, 2008 10:49 Send this review to a friend
Very Comfortable!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Greetings. I am a single lever user and picked up this key on the used market here recently. First off, I cannot believe how beautiful the finish is on these GHD keys - something sets them apart from the multitude of chrome keys I have owned in the past. Striking really. This is my second GHD key, the first being the 307 convertible single/dual paddle. I sold that one as I did not suit my touch - a little too much mass moving back and forth maybe. Instantly, the GN407A felt different, yet vaguely familiar in some ways. I have 6 other single lever paddles that are "keepers". Mostly it feels "similar" to my first paddle which I still own, the Vibroplex Vibro Keyer - an old workhorse. The 407 seems a bit more precise, with better balance and a touch of panache. With the long black finger pieces, and its long throw, it is not my QRQ key by any means. It is not a low mass, high strung, hot rod key like some of the others in my stable either. But in the evening, after a glass of wine or two, for a comfortable rag chew at 28 - 30 WPM the CW just flows! This may become one of my favorite keys!
Cheers GHD!

K7ABV Rating: 5/5 Jul 23, 2008 15:54 Send this review to a friend
excellent key  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have 3 other keys, all single lever, this one is very easy to use and once i took it out of the box and wired it up, have never changed a thing, I have been sending cw for 51 years and the ease of use and being able to set the contacts very close , but still have easy control of the paddle is wonderful...think this will be number 1 key for me...I have the black base to go along with the other keys, one gold, one silver and one gray ...

K1MLP Rating: 5/5 Nov 25, 2007 15:24 Send this review to a friend
A Terrific Paddle  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I have owned the Schurr single paddle, the Begali single paddle both don't compare to the GHD single paddle. I purchased the chrome version from Marshall at Morse Express ( a great person ). The paddle needed very little adjustment and never moves on the table. For me this paddle has become the only key I use and will probably buy another.
73's K1MLP

N6BIZ Rating: 5/5 Jul 30, 2007 13:02 Send this review to a friend
perfect  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
this is n6biz the first review was what it is. the replacement key is perfect. for being big and heavy the touch is feather light and thats what i wanted. marshall at milestone is one fine business man. he will see my biz again. now im happy

2E0PIE Rating: 5/5 Jun 25, 2007 07:51 Send this review to a friend
High class piece of kit  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I converted to a paddle key soon after a contact on 80m with a veteran CW operator who recommended the single-paddle GHD. His advice proved sound: I've had about 50 QSOs with it and enjoyed every one. This is a classy piece of kit: solid, responsive, handsome and superbly engineered. The thumb screws allow for tiny adjustments - which, once set, stay set - and the key is a joy to use. Downside: You wouldn't want to drop it on your foot.

WE1X Rating: 5/5 Jun 7, 2007 16:07 Send this review to a friend
So Good I Got a Second  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Bought a GHD GN407 a couple of months ago and liked it so much I bought a second. The first 407 has the black powder coat finish. The second all chrome. Both are execellent mechanically, and both have a quality finish. Sorry to hear the previous reviewer a bit "exercised" over his flawed 407...but those things happen. If Marshall from Morse Express makes things right he shouldn't be out of the shipping charges...just some inconvenience.

Harry

N6BIZ Rating: 1/5 Jun 7, 2007 15:46 Send this review to a friend
crap finish  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
i couldnt wait to get this key it sat on my desk for 10 mins before i saw a nice flaw in the finish on top. if it was on the bottom i would have cared less so far its cost me close to 25 bucks in shipping to look at something for 10 mins.i have to admit marshall from milestone technologies did not make the key and he is acting in good faith to to make this right. mr ghd from japan needs to look his stuff over before he ships his stuff out. sorry im a grouch

K9IUQ Rating: 5/5 Feb 11, 2007 12:25 Send this review to a friend
Stunning  Time owned: months
I been pounding brass over 46 years. Started on a straight key, then a bug for many years. Finally got a keyer in the 70's and used a iambic paddle ever since. I never used 'squeeze keying', mainly cause I was to used to pounding a bug. Never had a single paddle until lately. I own a Bencher BY-2 and a K8RA P-2. I preferred the K8RA, it has a very nice feel, not a beautiful key - it looks like it was made in a shop class.. The Bencher always felt too spongy to me, The Bencher is pretty though.

I wanted a new Single Paddle Key, not many on the market. The Begali Single looked nice BUT I didnt want another brass key - wanted a nice looking chrome job. Decided on the GHD 407. WOW what a pretty key, a wonderful feel, did I say this one is High Quality. I love it, only drawback is the GHD still sends errors just like my other 2 keys.....

WE1X Rating: 5/5 Jan 9, 2007 05:28 Send this review to a friend
Quality  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Over the past several years I've tried various iambic and single lever paddles ranging from Benchers and CT at the bottom of the food chain to Kent TP-1 and SP-1 and the Begali Simplex Mono near the top.

The Kent SP-1 single paddle is excellent and a joy to use. However, I wanted to try something different. Recently I purchased a Begali Simplex Mono, and while a very nice paddle there was something about its design/movement that I just didn't like. After reading reviews of the various GHD paddles I decided to give the GN407 a try. What a joy! Excellent fit and finish. Smooth. Comfortable. Easily adjustable. Pricey? Yes. Worth it? I'm considering a second!