Reviews Categories | Microphone Equalizers & Transmit Audio Accessories | W2IHY 8 Band Audio Equalizer / Noise Gate Help

Reviews Summary for W2IHY 8 Band Audio Equalizer / Noise Gate
W2IHY 8 Band Audio Equalizer / Noise Gate Reviews: 201 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $249.99 assembled or 204.99 kit
Description: 8 band equalizer and noise gate
More info: http://www.w2ihy.com

You can write your own review of the W2IHY 8 Band Audio Equalizer / Noise Gate.

KD5VSV Rating: 5/5 Jun 10, 2007 19:19 Send this review to a friend
Great guy, great company  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've owned the 8 Band Eq for 2 or 3 years now. Never a problem, works great.

I remembered when I order the 8 band Eq, I forgot to specify if I needed a 4 pin or 8 pin interface cables, a day later Julius call me on the phone to ask, no email, the guy called. I thought to my self at the time, jezz this guy is on the ball :) I was very happy that he did so when my order arrived it was all plug and play.

The 8 Band is small, compact and sits on top of my EQplus.

Great combination.

Julius is a great guy, very friendly and always helpful. I always enjoy stopping by he's booth every year at Hamcom to talk and see if anythings new is coming.

W5UV Rating: 5/5 Jun 5, 2007 06:01 Send this review to a friend
Customer Service Excellence  Time owned: more than 12 months
I realize there have been multiple reviews on how well Julius stands behind his products but I never cease to be amazed at how dedicated Julius is to the quality of is audio gear. I have been having some RF issues with some older units due to my limited lot size and Julius updated my gear and installed added RF components that solved most of my issues (the rest are up to me and my antenna location!). I can say with no doubt, when you purchase W2IHY gear, you get the full commitment of Julius in every box!!!

KC4CP Rating: 5/5 Mar 16, 2007 13:43 Send this review to a friend
THE BEST!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Over a year ago, I bought my first 8 Band EQ & EQ Plus. Julius' customer support was awesome. And my audio went from "okay" to "awesome."

Recently, I bought my second set of equipment from Julius (8 Band EQ & EQ Plus) ... so I could run it on my second station. Initially, I had RF problems (come to find out, it was the mic cord - which Julius did not provide). Though the RF problem was not due to his product, he made me a new mic cord with RF choke! Cost to me = $0. The new mic cord remedied my problem.

Julius' products are great and his customer support / service are the very best in the business.

WR4N (ex KC4CP)

RI126 Rating: 5/5 Mar 16, 2007 03:31 Send this review to a friend
Awsome, you won't be disappionted  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought the EQplus about three months ago, which also is a great product. As with anything I wanted the full compliment so...I bought the 8 Band EQ and very glad I did. I have a Icom 706MKIIG and it sounds like a radio four times the price. Great piece of equipment and in my opinion, a well needed piece of a equipment for any shack. What is even more impressive than the equipment is, the customer service and support. You don't get some stupid automated stuff here. Real person, good advise and sound service. You can't go wrong all the way around.

KB3MMX Rating: 5/5 Mar 7, 2007 16:11 Send this review to a friend
5++++EXCELLENT!!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I was referred to Julius's products by a local friend due to his customer support and excellent quality product........excellent recommendation!!

PREVIOUSLY, I was extremely UNsatiffied with the audio reports I was getting wih my IC-7000 using a Heil handi mic with the iC element..... I was reported to have a very flat audio. YUK!

...So, I bought the 8 Band EQ and the EQ plus setup from W2IHY.

Well, things have went from flat to STUDIO QUALITY with the W2IHY product. I was able to fine tune the audio EXACTLY how I wanted to with so many adjustment points!

After playing with the audio and getting it tuned in, I started thinking......what would it sound like if I got a MUCH better mic to start with..
Then comes the Heil PR40, wonderful audio with big bottom end. The W2IHY 8 band EQ let me fine tune it to my voice and I actually throttled some of the bottom end out of the audio as there was so much... then I "polished the audio off" with the "EQ plus" box.
I recieved an audio report that it was FM quality on SSB, I also was told later on FM that it was the best sounding FM audio the gentleman had ever heard!!!
Along the way I developed a RF problem getting into my audio when on 6 meters(HF was fine) and using the new PR40 mic. I called Julius and he sent me some cables with RF chokes and exchanged my 8 band EQ for one with an isolation transformer in it at no extra cost and express mailed them to boot!!!
The special cables and upgraded audio filtering in the 8 band EQ he made up fixed my RF audio problem on 6 meters immediately. Good riddens!!

If you want to order from a guy who backs up his products and outlines the DEFINITION of customer support, you have to go with Julius's product!!

***I wish I could rate the W2IHY product higher than a 5 !!!

If you get a chance, visit his website and you can hear some good audio clips of his products...

Very Very satisfied customer!
Thanks again Julius for such a great product and customer suport!!

DE KB3MMX--Chuck

WA3AAJ Rating: 5/5 Mar 5, 2007 19:22 Send this review to a friend
I agree! Excellent Gear  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I used my EQ Plus this weekend during the ARRL DX contest and found that DX stations were much more responsive to me when I was running the EQ and compressor portions of the unit compared to just normal microphone audio.

This has given my IC-756 Classic a life extension in this shack!

Buy one, you'll be happy you did!

WH2X Rating: 5/5 Mar 5, 2007 18:01 Send this review to a friend
Excellent product  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
W2IHY 8 Band EQ & combination of the big brother EQ PLUS is excellent.One thing is the best Great customer support; Julius believes in his products.

WH2X
JOEL
ISLAND OF GUAM USA

F5MAA Rating: 5/5 Jan 26, 2007 14:06 Send this review to a friend
Excellent product  Time owned: more than 12 months
W2IHY 8 Band Audio Equalizer is very useful. Great customer support; Julius believes in these products.
DON'T HESITATE!

VA2VYZ Rating: 5/5 Jan 20, 2007 09:50 Send this review to a friend
Excellent product !!!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The EQ8 let you be able to reach the maximum you can have from your mic and rig.

For more info and audio sample, take a look at my website.

Look under W2IHY tab in the menu.

Best 73 !

S58F Rating: 5/5 Jan 18, 2007 21:47 Send this review to a friend
I LIKE...NICE AUDIO!!!!!!!!!!!!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Hi.
I use mine with an YAESU FT-1000MP, and original MH-31 (truth..hahaha) dinamic microphone.
My audio reports are outstanding (whit MH-31 usual mic :o),HAM ask me what mic you use??? and the reports are "booming, crystal clear, excellent and perfect"...

Thank you W2IHY for a fantastic product.

ERIC S58F