Reviews Categories | Microphone Equalizers & Transmit Audio Accessories | W2IHY 8 Band Audio Equalizer / Noise Gate Help

Reviews Summary for W2IHY 8 Band Audio Equalizer / Noise Gate
W2IHY 8 Band Audio Equalizer / Noise Gate Reviews: 199 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $249.99 assembled or 204.99 kit
Description: 8 band equalizer and noise gate

You can write your own review of the W2IHY 8 Band Audio Equalizer / Noise Gate.

KC4CP Rating: 5/5 Mar 16, 2007 13:43 Send this review to a friend
THE BEST!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Over a year ago, I bought my first 8 Band EQ & EQ Plus. Julius' customer support was awesome. And my audio went from "okay" to "awesome."

Recently, I bought my second set of equipment from Julius (8 Band EQ & EQ Plus) ... so I could run it on my second station. Initially, I had RF problems (come to find out, it was the mic cord - which Julius did not provide). Though the RF problem was not due to his product, he made me a new mic cord with RF choke! Cost to me = $0. The new mic cord remedied my problem.

Julius' products are great and his customer support / service are the very best in the business.

WR4N (ex KC4CP)
RI126 Rating: 5/5 Mar 16, 2007 03:31 Send this review to a friend
Awsome, you won't be disappionted  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought the EQplus about three months ago, which also is a great product. As with anything I wanted the full compliment so...I bought the 8 Band EQ and very glad I did. I have a Icom 706MKIIG and it sounds like a radio four times the price. Great piece of equipment and in my opinion, a well needed piece of a equipment for any shack. What is even more impressive than the equipment is, the customer service and support. You don't get some stupid automated stuff here. Real person, good advise and sound service. You can't go wrong all the way around.
KB3MMX Rating: 5/5 Mar 7, 2007 16:11 Send this review to a friend
5++++EXCELLENT!!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I was referred to Julius's products by a local friend due to his customer support and excellent quality product........excellent recommendation!!

PREVIOUSLY, I was extremely UNsatiffied with the audio reports I was getting wih my IC-7000 using a Heil handi mic with the iC element..... I was reported to have a very flat audio. YUK!

...So, I bought the 8 Band EQ and the EQ plus setup from W2IHY.

Well, things have went from flat to STUDIO QUALITY with the W2IHY product. I was able to fine tune the audio EXACTLY how I wanted to with so many adjustment points!

After playing with the audio and getting it tuned in, I started thinking......what would it sound like if I got a MUCH better mic to start with..
Then comes the Heil PR40, wonderful audio with big bottom end. The W2IHY 8 band EQ let me fine tune it to my voice and I actually throttled some of the bottom end out of the audio as there was so much... then I "polished the audio off" with the "EQ plus" box.
I recieved an audio report that it was FM quality on SSB, I also was told later on FM that it was the best sounding FM audio the gentleman had ever heard!!!
Along the way I developed a RF problem getting into my audio when on 6 meters(HF was fine) and using the new PR40 mic. I called Julius and he sent me some cables with RF chokes and exchanged my 8 band EQ for one with an isolation transformer in it at no extra cost and express mailed them to boot!!!
The special cables and upgraded audio filtering in the 8 band EQ he made up fixed my RF audio problem on 6 meters immediately. Good riddens!!

If you want to order from a guy who backs up his products and outlines the DEFINITION of customer support, you have to go with Julius's product!!

***I wish I could rate the W2IHY product higher than a 5 !!!

If you get a chance, visit his website and you can hear some good audio clips of his products...

Very Very satisfied customer!
Thanks again Julius for such a great product and customer suport!!

DE KB3MMX--Chuck

WA3AAJ Rating: 5/5 Mar 5, 2007 19:22 Send this review to a friend
I agree! Excellent Gear  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I used my EQ Plus this weekend during the ARRL DX contest and found that DX stations were much more responsive to me when I was running the EQ and compressor portions of the unit compared to just normal microphone audio.

This has given my IC-756 Classic a life extension in this shack!

Buy one, you'll be happy you did!

WH2X Rating: 5/5 Mar 5, 2007 18:01 Send this review to a friend
Excellent product  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
W2IHY 8 Band EQ & combination of the big brother EQ PLUS is excellent.One thing is the best Great customer support; Julius believes in his products.

F5MAA Rating: 5/5 Jan 26, 2007 14:06 Send this review to a friend
Excellent product  Time owned: more than 12 months
W2IHY 8 Band Audio Equalizer is very useful. Great customer support; Julius believes in these products.
VA2VYZ Rating: 5/5 Jan 20, 2007 09:50 Send this review to a friend
Excellent product !!!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The EQ8 let you be able to reach the maximum you can have from your mic and rig.

For more info and audio sample, take a look at my website.

Look under W2IHY tab in the menu.

Best 73 !
S58F Rating: 5/5 Jan 18, 2007 21:47 Send this review to a friend
I LIKE...NICE AUDIO!!!!!!!!!!!!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I use mine with an YAESU FT-1000MP, and original MH-31 (truth..hahaha) dinamic microphone.
My audio reports are outstanding (whit MH-31 usual mic :o),HAM ask me what mic you use??? and the reports are "booming, crystal clear, excellent and perfect"...

Thank you W2IHY for a fantastic product.

AA6VB Rating: 5/5 Jan 16, 2007 09:12 Send this review to a friend
It's Exactly What You Want!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I recently purchased an 8 Band EQ and an EQ Plus, which I use with a Heil PR20 mic into an Orion II. It is hard to believe what a difference the 8 Band EQ makes. It provides a wonderful ability to tailor your audio, including creating a really LOUD (yet clear) sound for dxing.

The EQ Plus is also a great unit in its own right, but I never would have believed what a difference that 8 Band EQ can make. If you are considering only one unit, my suggestion is that you start with the 8 Band EQ and use the speech processor in your rig. Then you can move up to the EQ Plus if you feel the need.

In my opinion, the 8 Band EQ makes more of a difference in the audio by itself than does the EQ Plus by itself (although the combination of both units is fantastic). I highly recommend listening to the audio clips on the W2IHY website. Some of them show the difference in sound the two units make when they are switched on and off so you can really tell what each contributes to the audio. I was astounded at the impact of the 8 Band EQ.

The quality of the units is first rate and they look good in the shack.

If you are looking for some outboard audio units to get a better sound (whether rag chewing or dxing), these are for you. You won't be disappointed!

S58F Rating: 5/5 Dec 7, 2006 22:47 Send this review to a friend
WOW  Time owned: more than 12 months
I use my 8 band EQ whit FT1000MP and Stagg MD-1500 600 oHm dynamic mic and is sound marvellous.

I the past I play whit DSP-1124 but we have many problem whit RF.
Since I conect for the first time my 8 band W2IHY EQ the RF stop also if we use my 1kW AMP.

Julius made outstanding work.

GL and Happy Hollidays de S58F ERIC