Reviews Categories | Microphone Equalizers & Transmit Audio Accessories | W2IHY 8 Band Audio Equalizer / Noise Gate Help

Reviews Summary for W2IHY 8 Band Audio Equalizer / Noise Gate
W2IHY 8 Band Audio Equalizer / Noise Gate Reviews: 196 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $249.99 assembled or 204.99 kit
Description: 8 band equalizer and noise gate
More info: http://www.w2ihy.com

You can write your own review of the W2IHY 8 Band Audio Equalizer / Noise Gate.

WA3AAJ Rating: 5/5 Mar 5, 2007 19:22 Send this review to a friend
I agree! Excellent Gear  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I used my EQ Plus this weekend during the ARRL DX contest and found that DX stations were much more responsive to me when I was running the EQ and compressor portions of the unit compared to just normal microphone audio.

This has given my IC-756 Classic a life extension in this shack!

Buy one, you'll be happy you did!

WH2X Rating: 5/5 Mar 5, 2007 18:01 Send this review to a friend
Excellent product  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
W2IHY 8 Band EQ & combination of the big brother EQ PLUS is excellent.One thing is the best Great customer support; Julius believes in his products.

WH2X
JOEL
ISLAND OF GUAM USA

F5MAA Rating: 5/5 Jan 26, 2007 14:06 Send this review to a friend
Excellent product  Time owned: more than 12 months
W2IHY 8 Band Audio Equalizer is very useful. Great customer support; Julius believes in these products.
DON'T HESITATE!

VA2VYZ Rating: 5/5 Jan 20, 2007 09:50 Send this review to a friend
Excellent product !!!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The EQ8 let you be able to reach the maximum you can have from your mic and rig.

For more info and audio sample, take a look at my website.

Look under W2IHY tab in the menu.

Best 73 !

S58F Rating: 5/5 Jan 18, 2007 21:47 Send this review to a friend
I LIKE...NICE AUDIO!!!!!!!!!!!!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Hi.
I use mine with an YAESU FT-1000MP, and original MH-31 (truth..hahaha) dinamic microphone.
My audio reports are outstanding (whit MH-31 usual mic :o),HAM ask me what mic you use??? and the reports are "booming, crystal clear, excellent and perfect"...

Thank you W2IHY for a fantastic product.

ERIC S58F

AA6VB Rating: 5/5 Jan 16, 2007 09:12 Send this review to a friend
It's Exactly What You Want!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I recently purchased an 8 Band EQ and an EQ Plus, which I use with a Heil PR20 mic into an Orion II. It is hard to believe what a difference the 8 Band EQ makes. It provides a wonderful ability to tailor your audio, including creating a really LOUD (yet clear) sound for dxing.

The EQ Plus is also a great unit in its own right, but I never would have believed what a difference that 8 Band EQ can make. If you are considering only one unit, my suggestion is that you start with the 8 Band EQ and use the speech processor in your rig. Then you can move up to the EQ Plus if you feel the need.

In my opinion, the 8 Band EQ makes more of a difference in the audio by itself than does the EQ Plus by itself (although the combination of both units is fantastic). I highly recommend listening to the audio clips on the W2IHY website. Some of them show the difference in sound the two units make when they are switched on and off so you can really tell what each contributes to the audio. I was astounded at the impact of the 8 Band EQ.

The quality of the units is first rate and they look good in the shack.

If you are looking for some outboard audio units to get a better sound (whether rag chewing or dxing), these are for you. You won't be disappointed!

Bob/AA6VB

S58F Rating: 5/5 Dec 7, 2006 22:47 Send this review to a friend
WOW  Time owned: more than 12 months
I use my 8 band EQ whit FT1000MP and Stagg MD-1500 600 oHm dynamic mic and is sound marvellous.

I the past I play whit DSP-1124 but we have many problem whit RF.
Since I conect for the first time my 8 band W2IHY EQ the RF stop also if we use my 1kW AMP.

Julius made outstanding work.

GL and Happy Hollidays de S58F ERIC

K2VI Rating: 5/5 Oct 30, 2006 16:09 Send this review to a friend
king of EQ'S  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have my 8 band eq in line with my 756 pro.The audio reports are always excellent,The built in compressor actually give my 100 watt signal an extra S unit.There is a big difference with the eq in line.Im always getting fellow hams questioning me "what type of audio system your using?"when i tell them a ihy eq and a goldline they are impressed.you will be to.I have to say more importaint than the quality of this unit is the personel customer service you get with julius jones.I have never in 42 year had this type of help from anyone.julius is dedicated to his customers and will make sure you have everything perfect,this man has very high standards and high integrity.I hope i can meet him one day to thank him in person.thank you mr W2IHY.

WA4ISZ Rating: 5/5 Oct 28, 2006 14:43 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Product  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I decided to purchase the W2IHY 8 Band Audio Equalizer and Noise Gate after I read glowing reports on the product. It all began when I decided to do some Internet research on a good desk mic for my old Icom 3220H VHF/UHF transceiver after I had moved the rig from my truck into the house. After having read what the product had been designed to do, I thought it would be an excellent device for my Yaesu FT-767GX as well. I would be able to use my Yaesu MD-1 desk mic on both the ICOM and Yaesu rigs.

I purchased the W2IHY device and connected it to my rigs. Although my monitored signal sounded fine on my HF rig, there was a lot of hum on my Icom rig. I immediately e-mailed Julius Jones, the creator of the audio equalizer/noise gate device, and related the problem to him. Julius called me on the phone the next day and we discussed the problem. Since the hum was not present when I connected the Icom to a dummy load, Julius suspected that I was getting RF into my mic, since my antenna was only a few feet from me. He offered to send me a modified version of the EQ, which was designed to eliminate the RF, but I told him that I wanted to experiment a little more before I took him up on the offer.

Well, after a litle more research, I found that W2IHY has another device called the iBox, which was designed to eliminate my problem. I ordered one with a couple of custom cables. Low and behold, Julius called me on the phone and stated that I didn't need to order the iBox, because the EQ, which he earlier offered to send me, contained the iBox card. Julius sent me the EQ with a prepaid envelope to ship the other box back. I hooked the box up, monitored my voice and immediately noted that ALL of the hum was gone! I called a fellow ham on 2 meters and asked for an audio report. He mentioned that the audio sounded excellent. I am elated!

Julius could have made an extra $100 bucks or so by accepting my order on the iBOX with the custom cables, but chose to send me another EQ box with the iBOX card installed at no additional charge. At no other time in my life have I ever received such excellent service!

With such an excellent product and unparalleled service, how can you go wrong?

Thank you, Julius, for a great product and thank you for your kindness.

PC4U Rating: 5/5 Aug 14, 2006 10:19 Send this review to a friend
great service!! good product!!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
there is no need to say many words about this product. See for yourself on all the good reviews. GREAT product!!

I bought the 8 band equalizer secondhand last summer and while connecting it to my rig I found some RFI problems and also a bad working mic -in gain control on the back of the Equalizer. My friend ON4JW took the 8 band EQ with him on his trip to the states and arranged a meeting with Julius. Within one day Julius replaced the rear interconnect board, put a change on that better adjust the output of the 8 band EQ and also a change on to improve the RF immunity of the unit. And all those things with no charge!

My friend ON4JW brought it back and everything is working super now. Working with the 8 band EQ , the EQ plus and the Heil PR40 I'm having a super studiosound.

Julius is definitely a one in a million when it comes to service to his customers, and his product quality is superb. I wish everyone is working that way. Excellent job Julius.

Marc, PC4U