Reviews Categories | Amateur Radio Equipment Repair | Alinco Help

Reviews Summary for Alinco
Reviews: 6 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $75 per hr.
Description: Alinco Repair

You can write your own review of the Alinco.

KG9H Rating: 5/5 Sep 16, 2013 12:51 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Support from Remtronix, Inc.  Time owned: more than 12 months
I bought an old DX-70 that had issues. I sent five emails off to a few sources looking for parts, etc. REMTRONIX INC answered me in a return email with the part identified, the price and a contact phone number. Ordered all before noon on Monday. It ships today. They also do repairs for a reasonable price. I highly recommend them! Here is their URL http://www.remtronix.com

WOODSTER2 Rating: 5/5 Feb 2, 2012 11:11 Send this review to a friend
Alinco Upgrade  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I recently sent my DR600 to GRE for repair and told me it was unrepairable and offered me the new Alinco DR635T at an upgrade price. I got the separation kit at a substantially reduced price as well.

AC9CR Rating: 5/5 Dec 15, 2011 11:12 Send this review to a friend
Great Job  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought an Alinco Dj-G7T at the Fort Wayne Ham Fest last month. Tried to do the firmware update and it bricked. I sent Alinco an email about it and within an hour Mike H. had replied, gave a phone number to call to talk to him. So I sent it off. Mike called me said it was unrecoverable and they send a new one out quickly. Well it arrived today and I'm very happy.

Thanks Mike

K5JIL Rating: 5/5 Oct 31, 2011 05:50 Send this review to a friend
DXSR8T GENERAL CHECKUP  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Its rare when a radio company tech treats a customer like a real customer. Well the best experience I have had in a long time was with Alinco Radio Tech Mike H., at GREAmerica.com (Alinco's) Repair Service. I was sending in a newly purchased (second hand) DX-SR8T to have it checked out operationally. Return emails were great. Return time was quick and the unit came back much better than I expected. They tweaked up very well. Great job Alinco Thanks. de k5jil

AD7QQ Rating: 5/5 Feb 22, 2010 14:29 Send this review to a friend
Customer Service beyond the call of duty  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I managed to break my Alinco DJ-G7T with a botched firmware update and sent it in to the North American Alinco repair folks. Unfortunately I happened to catch them as they were transitioning repair/warranty services. I contacted Alinco to ask about the repair and received a quick and courteous reply from Katsumi Nakata (JE3AVS) the manager of Customer Services in Osaka, Japan. I also spoke with the new repair service, GRE, and Fernando was very helpful even though their contract with Alinco would not start for another 2 weeks. When Mr. Nakata found it was going to take a while to repair my rig, he sent me a brand new one to replace it. Teru Takahashi and Raj Grounder at GRE kept me informed of the shipping details and progress. The new rig arrived today! Considering that I broke the radio with the firmware update I thought this was extraordinarily generous. They also updated the firmware for me prior to sending the new unit. Alinco really went the extra mile!!!

W4VD Rating: 5/5 Jan 15, 2007 17:22 Send this review to a friend
good support  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I had a problem once with an Alinco, I had to send it back 2 times, but they didn't charge anything for the 2nd trip, and they paid the shipping back both times. The 1st fee was very low, only 80 dollars, on the 2nd trip there were several expensive parts that had to be replaced, and they stood behind their 1st price, pretty decent of them IMHO. And they were very fast on both trips.