Reviews Categories | Amplifiers: RF Power - 6M/VHF/UHF+ | TE Systems 1410G 2-Meter 160 Watt Amplifier Help

Reviews Summary for TE Systems 1410G 2-Meter 160 Watt Amplifier
TE Systems 1410G  2-Meter 160 Watt Amplifier Reviews: 4 Average rating: 4.5/5 MSRP: $358.00
Description: 2-Meter Power Amplifier, 10w in/160w out, With integrated GaAsFET receiving preamplifier and RF sensed T/R switching

You can write your own review of the TE Systems 1410G 2-Meter 160 Watt Amplifier.

K7UA Rating: 4/5 Jan 29, 2013 13:05 Send this review to a friend
A good amp  Time owned: more than 12 months
I use a 1410G with my Elecraft K3 with the internal transverter putting out less than 10 watts. I am getting 180-200 out of the amp with that low drive power. It has worked fine on FM and SSB. Living in a mountain valley makes it tough to go very far on 2M, but I have managed to work out to a few hundred miles on SSB. It has not given me any trouble and was recommended to me over getting something like an MFJ brick. I have no way to measure linearity. QST did a review of this amp and you can see all about it there.

W9WZJ Rating: 4/5 Jan 31, 2011 00:07 Send this review to a friend
Very Decent  Time owned: more than 12 months
Not truley linear, but very decent for the weak signal enthusiast.
Got my 1410G used and tested it on my bench in front of the previous owner. 10 in for about 130 out. I was not concerned as I knew from my previous experience with them I could re-tune it for my rig and antenna no problem. Using the manual as a guide, now I get 200 watts out with around 8 in.
Pre amp: what can I say?...it DOES bring in more noise with the signal, but sometimes, it does help.

WN9E Rating: 5/5 Mar 26, 2007 18:13 Send this review to a friend
Excellent 2 Meter Amp  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I recently purchased a 1410G used from a silent key's estate. It had apparently never been used as the DC cables hadn't even been put together. (The only thing supplied is the connector--no wire.) The manual was very straightforward. I'm primarily using it in FM mode for running a local simplex net. I'm now able to hit stations in outlying areas full quieting (200 watts w/ 10 watts drive) where before my signal reports weren't as good at 50 watts. Quadrupling the power made big difference. Looking forward to using it with my 10 element Cushcraft beam when I get it in the air.

N8DXB Rating: 5/5 Jan 16, 2007 19:50 Send this review to a friend
Great Amp worth looking into  Time owned: more than 12 months
This is a great 10 watt in /160 Watt out amp that will give full output power with as little as 4 watts of drive. I give TE a big thumbs up on there products because I have had four of there amp's in the past 25 years and I never had one that needed any kind of repair.
My 1410G is 18 years young and still works like new.
The only fault I see is the SSB delay is a little short, But I hard key it with the radio so it is not an issue for me.