Reviews Categories | Antennas: VHF/UHF+ Omnidirectional: verticals, mobile, etc | RadioWorks 6 & 2 Meter Longwire Antenna Help

Reviews Summary for RadioWorks 6 & 2 Meter Longwire Antenna
Reviews: 1 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: A simple long-wire antenna. The maximum gain available is less than in other more complex antennas of the same size. However, there is much to recommend this antenna. Unlike higher gain designs, the long-wire antenna has several major and minor lobes which provide coverage in most directions.
More info: http://radioworks.com/c6mlong.htm

You can write your own review of the RadioWorks 6 & 2 Meter Longwire Antenna.

WD5EAE Rating: 5/5 Jan 19, 2007 09:29 Send this review to a friend
Wow!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I wanted an antenna with horizontal polarization for 6 and 2 meters but did not want to go the yagi route with all its space, looks and rotor issues. My plan was to hang this antenna for a VHF contest and then take it down afterwards. This antenna is no more difficult to hang in the trees than a dipole so I thought I'd give it a try. Wow! A few days after I hung it there was an opening on 6 meters. Running 100 watts and with my 9 year old son on the mic most of the time (with me logging and writing down callsigns for him) we worked 80 people. One station reported that we were "by far" one of the loudest signals on the band. We worked one station in Canada that was portable and a handful of stations in Mexico. CQs consistently created pileups -- I am used to being on the other side of pileups! I was very surprised by this antennas performance. If you want to get on 6 meters but don't want to go the yagi route I can suggest a solution for you! I did have a change of plans though: I don't plan on taking it down.

This antenna is a special order antenna from Radio Works but my experience with custom antenna orders from Jim has been excellent.