Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF Verticals and Wire | Radiowavz 75M Double Bazooka Help

Reviews Summary for Radiowavz 75M Double Bazooka
Radiowavz 75M Double Bazooka Reviews: 7 Average rating: 4.3/5 MSRP: $79.99
Description: 75 M Double Bazooka, coaxial antenna

You can write your own review of the Radiowavz 75M Double Bazooka.

N4PEC Rating: 0/5 Jun 3, 2010 16:45 Send this review to a friend
JUNK  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
returned 2 bazzokas,1-75meter,1-11meter,both pulled apart(alumminum shield pulled apart-was just twisted together).Both were mounted in inverted V confirguration.I called and lady told me to send back for refund.I sent both back and emailed her a dozen times with no response.Have never heard a word about my 2 antennas or any money.customer service=0..never again!!!!!!!!!oh yes,no ice or snow-just sorry construction!!!!!!

W5AAT Rating: 5/5 Mar 17, 2010 09:54 Send this review to a friend
VERY IMPRESSIVE RESULTS  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
The XYL helped me install this radiator at 15' on a very hot and steamy day down here in Mississippi. I was intending to just use it for NVIS experiments. I was pleased that after very few adjustments to bring it up into the high end of the band I achieved a VSWR of 1.1/1 over 20 kHz. Now, this is with no tuner adjustment! Anyway, if anecdotal testimony means anything, my signal was 40 dB over S9 in West Virginia! Ha ha! All I can say is that this is a real antenna that really works. I have ordered the 40m version today. Very peasant people to deal with, by the way.

WW3K Rating: 5/5 Dec 8, 2009 19:26 Send this review to a friend
Going Strong 2 Winters!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I'm not sure 'WHY' some folks have had problems with the construction of these antennas, but I imagine it's because they had them mounted as flat-tops (horizontal) with either too much snow/ice loading and/or too much tension. SNOW & ICE LOADING CAN BE THE DEATH OF A BAZOOKA, ULTRALITE, ETC..... so "to be forewarned is to be forearmed!"

At this QTH, due to space constraints and only ONE support, I was forced to mount this antenna as in inverted vee. And of course, as MURPHY would have it, we immediately experienced one of our worst winters for snow for as long as I've lived in Connecticut. However, the Radiowavz 75M Double Bazooka not only survived, it THRIVED; I finished up my last 75 meter DXCC QSO's with the thing!

Mine exhibits a 2:1 swr from about 3.750 to above 4.0 MHz; I use the auto-tuner for 80m CW work with no problems.

The one thing about the Radiowavz double bazooka which differs from the ones in the HANDBOOK, is that the ends are #12 insulated wire, instead of 300 ohm twinlead. No doubt this is what gives the Radiowavzs version it's (apparent) strength and resiliency. (And, it doesn't appear to suffer in the bandwidth dept one iota).

Using this double bazooka is what prompted me to homebrew a W5GI Mystery Antenna (reviewed elsewhere here in eHAM.NET).

Finally, there are at least TWO things to be aware of before you try Double Bazookas:

1. They do NOT offer any "gain" over a 1/2 wave dipole.

2. When constructed in the "sleeve" type like the Radiowavz, they do NOT present any appreciable "loss" either.

The only dis-advantage is that they are somewhat thicker & heavier (vis. more 'obtrusive') than a dipole and possibly more "fragile".

The only advantage is that they are slightly more broadbanded than a 1/2 wave dipole and they don't require a balun at the feed point..... PERIOD.

WA4KLQ Rating: 5/5 Mar 29, 2009 18:37 Send this review to a friend
Super antenna  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
this is my only antenna. I have it in an inverted V on a 30 ft. tower attached to the side of my house. I get nothing but good reports. The antenna puts out far better than I every thought. I am in a neighborhood with a neighborhood association, so I was limited to the selection of antennas available to me. I am able to speak coast to coast on less than 50 watts getting a 9+ on the S meter from St. Louis. It performs on every band, 160-6, with the assistance of a Palstar AT2K antenna tuner.

This antenna maintains a low profile that is not too conspicuous and thereby irritating to the neighbors.

KI0Z Rating: 5/5 Jun 5, 2008 10:36 Send this review to a friend
Beyond Excellant !!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
After Inspection and testing at max power levels this antenna has improved s/n,low swr and is Beyond Excellant . Thanks for a EXCELLANT PRODUCT.

W4KVW Rating: 5/5 Apr 21, 2007 05:55 Send this review to a friend
GREAT ANTENNA!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I put it up in December 2006 & it is MUCH quieter than the 80 meter dipole it replaced. Kicks butt on receive & transmit!Keep up the great work at Radio Wavz!!! }:>)

W4KVW

N6NKN Rating: 5/5 Jan 25, 2007 16:47 Send this review to a friend
More then just a 75M Antenna  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
After using Radiowavz 40M bazooka antenna with great success. I purchased the 80M version. Tho not installed very high, I still got S9+ reports on several of the 80M western states nets.

To my surprise it tunes up well on 17M and today I worked T32MO in the Soloman Islands!!!
Not bad, for an 80M antenna only 15' off the ground.

If I had room for the 160M version, I'd buy one of those too.

I am very pleased eith the Radiowavz products.