Reviews Categories | Ham Software - Other than logging | APRS Help

Reviews Summary for APRS
Reviews: 3 Average rating: 2.7/5 MSRP: $$69.95 incl/MapPoint
Description: APRSPoint is the latest implementation of the APRS standard. It integrates seamlessly with Microsoft MapPoint to allow you to pinpoint an object's location on a high quality map that covers US, Canada and Western Europe down to street level and Mexico at highway level.
More info: http://www.aprspoint.com/

You can write your own review of the APRS.

KC8SWY Rating: 3/5 Dec 26, 2010 12:04 Send this review to a friend
Missing Digi & IGate features  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Works good if you want to see activity going on. Trial version is limited to RF only.

The downside is the current version will not act as a DIGI or IGATE. I joined the APRSPOINT Mailing list to see what was going on with the product. It appears the author doesn't seem motivated to write additional features. If you need/want DIGI/IGATE, checkout APRSIS/CE. If you have high-speed internet and you are running APRS, there is no reason to not be an Igate!

K3ITG Rating: 0/5 Jun 11, 2009 14:20 Send this review to a friend
It stinks  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
For $47.00 I would have expected a program that is much better than a program that is free (I won't mention the program.) I have been using that other program for a long time but wanted a program that was integrated with it's own mapping program because of my new laptop which is running Window Vista Home Premium. But I will have to make do with the old program.

K6MTT Rating: 5/5 Jan 26, 2007 13:18 Send this review to a friend
Excellent turnkey start into APRS  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
There's a myriad of software and interfaces out there for APRS. I wanted to get started with a minimum of complexity and the inclusion of MapPoint in the package was very attractive. And I was rewarded with an easy to install and configure application that I've been pretty happy with (albeit with Kenwood TNC radios, which probably help with keeping it simple). From what I can tell, it's got the basics covered (I'm not familiar with any other packages at this point) and that's been great for getting my feet wet in this aspect of the hobby.

I can heartily recommend this to APRS newcomers, and the support is excellent as well.