Reviews Categories | QRP Radios (5 watts or less) | Mizuho MX-6S Help

Reviews Summary for Mizuho MX-6S
Mizuho MX-6S Reviews: 1 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: 6 MT SSB/CW HANDHELD TRANSCEIVER
More info: http://www.mizuhoradio.com/mx6s.html

You can write your own review of the Mizuho MX-6S.

IW3FZQ Rating: 5/5 Jan 27, 2007 11:17 Send this review to a friend
My first Mizuho !!!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Mizuho MX-6S is first Mizuho handheld I have bought. Now I'm owner of four MX series and I hope to find them again because is a very satisfaction to use these transceivers. During my trekking tour I carry always with me one or two Mizuho RTX. During ES season is very easy to make lots of contacts around Europe and bordering continents (Africa and Asia) with 1 Watt only and a homemade whip antenna while with tropo propagation, on top of hill, I have made 300/400 KM QSOs!
I remember lots of contacts with CT, G, OZ, PA, UA stations by transmiting inside my house during some days of high fever!!! My RTX runs 1,7 watt (misured with Bird 43 Wattmeter) with full Ni/Mh battery, with middle battery life, output power is around 1 Watt. Receiver is very hot, good sensitivity and excellent frequency stability. From these transceivers is missing only a sidetone for CW operations but for expert operators this is not a problem.

73 de Enrico, IW3FZQ